Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Suggestions & feedback
Announcements

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x

Sparkly Dark Elf

20,875 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:23 pm
Hey there! First, I wanted to say that I love this guild and am so thankful for its existance. Aqua said that you're a great captain Garland, and so far, I agree. smile

The only thing I would suggest is quoting the Bible in a different version. The King James is really hard and time-consuming to understand, and to be honest, I stopped reading them :/ If they were from a newer version, I'd like to start reading them again, because I do appreciate what you've been doing smile NLT is the newest translation they have (I think?) so if you could write the verses in that version it'd be awesome! emotion_yatta

Another thing about the announcements I'd love to see is you making them more personal. I mean, show us that you're a person who cares about us. Even if it's just a "Hey all! Happy Saturday! Hope you're all doing well, I'll keep you in my prayers" and then you could give us those links you always give us smile

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:21 pm
I would like to thank you for your feedback, it is what we grow from
and how we learn that we need to strive to do better. I am glad I have not disappointed yet. At one point or another I am pretty sure I will, so bare with me when I do. mrgreen

Quoting from a different version may be better, seeing as very few people know old English, and there would be little point in making announcements if they are not read and understood, but there are also advantages to giving someone the King James Bible first. There are two sides to this matter, and I am uncertain which outweighs the other. Thank you though for your input, the crew will have to discuss this before I make a decision. Which version to pick, trustworthiness and accuracy and so forth. I will in fact make a poll about it, and allow people in the guild to voice their opinion. smile

I will implement the advice you have given by being more personal in my announcements right away. It is a problem of mine on many levels, and not just online. A 'Hey' and 'Hello', is nice, but I don't want to come of as insincere. It is something I will definitively attempt to be better at. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x

Sparkly Dark Elf

20,875 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:21 pm
Garland-Green
I would like to thank you for your feedback, it is what we grow from
and how we learn that we need to strive to do better. I am glad I have not disappointed yet. At one point or another I am pretty sure I will, so bare with me when I do. mrgreen

Quoting from a different version may be better, seeing as very few people know old English, and there would be little point in making announcements if they are not read and understood, but there are also advantages to giving someone the King James Bible first. There are two sides to this matter, and I am uncertain which outweighs the other. Thank you though for your input, the crew will have to discuss this before I make a decision. Which version to pick, trustworthiness and accuracy and so forth. I will in fact make a poll about it, and allow people in the guild to voice their opinion. smile

I will implement the advice you have given by being more personal in my announcements right away. It is a problem of mine on many levels, and not just online. A 'Hey' and 'Hello', is nice, but I don't want to come of as insincere. It is something I will definitively attempt to be better at. smile

The new version is very easy to read, thank you so much. I've been reading every day smile Also thanks for the little notes every now and again. You're doing a great job and don't sound insincere at all!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:54 pm
I like the announcements with the bible versus and all. But due to it happening EVERY DAY. I am quitting the guild, I dont login every day, and they clog my feed.  

Leonaenae

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:09 pm
Leonaenae
I like the announcements with the bible versus and all. But due to it happening EVERY DAY. I am quitting the guild, I dont login every day, and they clog my feed.

Not a problem. I can see how that could get annoying if you are trying to keep an eye on other notifications in your feed. Thank you for the feedback. smile

God bless you!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:45 pm
Garland-Green

Thank you.
I do like the fact I can not be a member but still read and comment in the forums though =3
Thanks for keeping it open n_n

Leonaenae

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:55 pm
Leonaenae
Garland-Green

Thank you.
I do like the fact I can not be a member but still read and comment in the forums though =3
Thanks for keeping it open n_n

It will continue to stay open, and be open to comments from non-members. 3nodding  
Suggestions & feedback

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games