Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise
Please help me. I'm almost 19 years old....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:16 pm
And I still haven't told my mom I got my period.

I've been hiding it since I was 14.

How the hell do I tell her about it?

And damn it, I'm only asking how to tell her now because I think there's a problem with my reproductive system. >_<

The thing is, I'm genderqueer and all this womanly s**t does not feel right at all. It felt like I wasn't supposed to have a period, or that's how I felt for years.

Just... aogeiaeuwpro;ipoh

THIS IS A BIZARRE PROBLEM, I KNOW. I need to quit being such an easily embarrassed baby about it I just... UGH.

Help me?  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:29 pm
You can have my periods, and i'll take your lack of them  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Kumiko Fujiwa

Fluffy Lovergirl

13,225 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:33 pm
Soooooooo your a transsexual who has periods? I dont understand the question  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:47 pm
Does anyone know that you're genderqueer? Or more specifically, your mom?
I ask because if you tell her about your periods, I assume you'll have to tell her about that too since it goes along with why you kept it a secret.

If she does know and everything, then I would just be open about it. Let her know.
If something is wrong and you can't fix it by yourself, she can help you.

I have no idea how to help you approach it, but I feel it'll be best if you just be open about it.
The stress you're feeling from keeping it locked up will go away if you do.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,600 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:25 pm
Well, since you are 19, I would assume your mom kind of assumes that you've had it.

I know how you feel about not knowing how to tell her though. The only reason my mom ever found out was because I was on my period when I went to the doctor and had to pee in a cup.... sweatdrop But I had started getting it almost a year before that happened, so she hadn't know.

I know it seems hard, but just tell her that you need to have a talk and let her know that you're worried you have a problem. She's your mom, so she's dealt with lots of womanly stuff and I'm sure she'll be understanding heart

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:46 pm
I feel your signature fits this problem quite well....Either way, you should just say "I don't want to make a big deal out of it and I don't really want to talk about it but, I have my period." And yada yada yada.  

this is my user_xX

StrayKit

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:43 pm
by 19 your mom probably already knows that you have a period, that or she thinks you have an actual medical issue and haven't had it yet. as for identifying as gender queer, I wouldn't call that a problem with your reproductive system at all. I have a couple of friends who identify that way as well. she might know about menstruating but explaining the gender queer part might be the part you need to explain. only if you want to though, if you aren't sure about it yet then don't bring it up, there's no reason to do something you're uncomfortable with.

I haven't had to come out that way myself but if you do want to tell your mom about that, which would explain to her why you feel so wrong about having a period and why you've hidden it, then sit down with her about it. try and explain that you don't feel like you should have a period at all and that was why you never mentioned it to her before, let her know how it's making you feel. but like I said, if it makes you uncomfortable to mention that then don't but I do hope it works out for you  
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:37 pm
StrayKit
by 19 your mom probably already knows that you have a period, that or she thinks you have an actual medical issue and haven't had it yet. as for identifying as gender queer, I wouldn't call that a problem with your reproductive system at all. I have a couple of friends who identify that way as well. she might know about menstruating but explaining the gender queer part might be the part you need to explain. only if you want to though, if you aren't sure about it yet then don't bring it up, there's no reason to do something you're uncomfortable with.

I haven't had to come out that way myself but if you do want to tell your mom about that, which would explain to her why you feel so wrong about having a period and why you've hidden it, then sit down with her about it. try and explain that you don't feel like you should have a period at all and that was why you never mentioned it to her before, let her know how it's making you feel. but like I said, if it makes you uncomfortable to mention that then don't but I do hope it works out for you

She doesn't know at all and she does think there's a medical issue. It's just that it's gotten really irregular and light since last year. :/ I have to do something about it because I have family history of uterine cancer.

And I know that it has nothing to do with my gender identity. >_> It's just that this female stuff really bothers me. I wish I could fix it and not have to deal with it and I know there's stuff you can do that stop periods altogether in a healthy way. The thing is, my parents aren't so enlightened about gender and they're pretty binarist even though they're tolerant of trans people, so if I told them they would think I'm being silly and going through a phase or I want to be special. I'm trying to get my sister to help me with that because she's also genderqueer and hates having periods.

Another problem is that we have a terrible relationship. My mom and I are not close at all, she isn't very nice to me or understanding. I never tell her anything about myself because she's so frustrating to talk to. Our personalities are like oil and water.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

StrayKit

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:43 pm
Belethiel
StrayKit

She doesn't know at all and she does think there's a medical issue. It's just that it's gotten really irregular and light since last year. :/ I have to do something about it because I have family history of uterine cancer.

And I know that it has nothing to do with my gender identity. >_> It's just that this female stuff really bothers me. I wish I could fix it and not have to deal with it and I know there's stuff you can do that stop periods altogether in a healthy way. The thing is, my parents aren't so enlightened about gender and they're pretty binarist even though they're tolerant of trans people, so if I told them they would think I'm being silly and going through a phase or I want to be special. I'm trying to get my sister to help me with that because she's also genderqueer and hates having periods.

Another problem is that we have a terrible relationship. My mom and I are not close at all, she isn't very nice to me or understanding. I never tell her anything about myself because she's so frustrating to talk to. Our personalities are like oil and water.

well if she doesn't know at all about your period you could just let her know that you are having them and tell her that they are getting lighter, couldn't you? then you can think about seeing a doctor just in case if you'd like to, since you do have the family history with uterine cancer, and she can know that you are actually having them and won't worry. if you don't know how your parents will respond to being gender queer, or think that they would just brush it off as a phase, don't worry about it, it's great that your trying to get help from your sister.

and i'm sorry if anything I said bothered or offended you, I wasn't meaning to do that  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:43 am
Oh gosh honey I want you to know right now that the fact that you are so embaressed by your period is because a man decided he was afraid of your uterus. Please don't stress out over it because contrary to popular belief pretty much everyone with a mature v****a gets a period, and thats about half of the human population! Remember you bleed down there simply to show that you're bod's good and ready for some baby making!  

Walter has ganado

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:40 am
Walter has ganado
Oh gosh honey I want you to know right now that the fact that you are so embaressed by your period is because a man decided he was afraid of your uterus. Please don't stress out over it because contrary to popular belief pretty much everyone with a mature v****a gets a period, and thats about half of the human population! Remember you bleed down there simply to show that you're bod's good and ready for some baby making!

What? :U No dude has ever done anything of the sort.

I know all of this. The reason why I'm extremely uncomfortable with it is partially related to gender dysphoria. I'm not a boy, just third gender/neutral/agender, whatever. I haven't figured that out yet. All I know is that biological femaleness feels wrong and I'll probably only keep my female parts around until I have kids.

I still haven't done anything about this since I posted this thread. ._. I have to. I really have to.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:04 am
Belethiel
Walter has ganado

What? :U No dude has ever done anything of the sort.

I know all of this. The reason why I'm extremely uncomfortable with it is partially related to gender dysphoria. I'm not a boy, just third gender/neutral/agender, whatever. I haven't figured that out yet. All I know is that biological femaleness feels wrong and I'll probably only keep my female parts around until I have kids.

I still haven't done anything about this since I posted this thread. ._. I have to. I really have to.

Oh my goodness I am so sorry but that is not what I meant at all aha, I was talking about how wayyy way way way back like im talking way back before women were considered people even a group of mean deemed it unnaceptable, sorry for the confusion!! Also I don't think I ever called you anything past a person with a vag.... sorry if I ofended you though!  

Walter has ganado

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items