Jobs and $$$

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:28 pm
Would you rather do a job you dislike, but it is well paid or
do a job you like, but it is not well paid (in the sense that it is lower than what you could get in another job) ?

Extra discussion about my personal case:
I think I would go back to school to study a career that would give me a lifestyle that I like : working in day shift (8 to 5pm Monday to friday). That is not dangerous (not exposed to danger)...

I don't know which career would really fits me anyways, but I applied in some programs just because it has a great salary. After thinking that I should not choose just because of the salary, but I should choose according to my skills and what I like...

My parents never liked their jobs... because they needed to work to feed the family, they never took a break to go back to study...
It takes a lot of patience and tolerance to be able to endure a job that we dislike... Because I have the choice now, and that I am still young (no family to feed), I wanted to make a decision now...  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 am
User Image

A job I love. And that's actually what I'm studying for. ^o^
My parents both love their jobs, well in my dad's case, he actually misses his job.
I think life is too short to be unhappy day-to-day doing a job you dislike.
It seems like a waste, especially when you have the option to decide what you want to do.
Not a lot of people get that option and we should feel blessed to have it and use it well.

User Image

Clasela
Crew

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:07 am
Clasela
User Image

A job I love. And that's actually what I'm studying for. ^o^
My parents both love their jobs, well in my dad's case, he actually misses his job.
I think life is too short to be unhappy day-to-day doing a job you dislike.
It seems like a waste, especially when you have the option to decide what you want to do.
Not a lot of people get that option and we should feel blessed to have it and use it well.

User Image
So, the salary is less important, right?  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:31 am
XxAriaxX

User Image

Yes, I do believe so. But it all depends on the person.
I don't need much to get by as long as I get by, but I do have my luxuries that I save up for.

User Image

Clasela
Crew

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:49 am
Bumping to get more replies... I'm just curious...
XD I was about to create a topic on this again !!!

-_- I feel that money can bring happiness, but not every kind of happiness. You can't buy love or true friendship with money...
However, I feel that the rest, money helps a lot..  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:42 pm
I would say go for a job you like. If you currently have no obligations than now is the best time to start. Just because the start pay for that job is low, doesn't mean that promotions won't come along smile And if you really want something, just save up for it. You don't wanna do something that will make you miserable for the rest of your working life.  

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items