View Results

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:17 am
I've seen a few topics show up on yaoi in my time here, but I don't remember ever seeing a yuri topic so I might as well fix that.

I first discovered yuri sometime in high school. I had enjoyed a couple of shows with background/one-sided yuri content, and I was kind of curious about the genre so I ended up looking into a series called Kashimashi. I ended up really enjoying it, looking into more of the genre, and never really looking back. A few of my earliest series were actually responsible for helping me accept and be comfortable with the fact that I was attracted to girls, and while I don't always like the direction that anime and manga decide to go with the genre I still can consistently find enough that I really like to feel like it's worth continuing to look into new yuri series.

So what do you think of yuri, or of the fandom? Why did you get into it in the first place? What are some of your favorite series or pairings? Is there anything really good that you want to recommend (or maybe you're looking for something new)? Is there something else that I didn't mention? Whatever's welcome, so long as it relates to yuri.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:59 am
I got into yuri when I was about 15, because I thought that I actually might be attracted to girls because some of my friends teased me about it. But as I continued to read them, I realised that the relationships within them are actually more meaningful than shojo manga ones(it wasn't just all about the sex or kissing) they actually understood eachother and comforted one-another. I read a manga called PRISM and I loved it ( still ongoing though) and it's really sweet, on how two people from their pasts meet again.

Most yuri that I read in manga form are one-shots but I read a cute little series called "collectors" on mangafox, where two different females are in a relationship and love eachother through their small actions. I've slowly moving towards the lightnovels because there are more yuri once avaliable, but no one translates them.

Also try A kiss for the petals ( a visual novel) because they are so sweet and cute.  

Mallori_Cantare

Gem

14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces