East Market

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

antiXtobi
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:25 am
The last remaining market of Jego. West market closed down when Faerie was burned to the ground. Lack of business led to poverty. Following that, starvation and cannibalism. As it would be, this market is now thriving due to it being the only source of national income in all of Jego. Jego's number one export is meat (ALL kinds). Jego is the most well off nation (seeing as they won the war) so the East Markets are rather nice. There's not so much crime here (residents are rich) and it's the most diverse area of Jego, holding temporary residents from Larimar, Korbb, and Orion. It's the only peaceful place in Jego since everyone is currently well off enough to behave.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:16 pm

"The market is quite listless today," sighed Damara.

She owns her own shop reading the fortunes of traveling merchants, adventurers, and people of all the like.

She sat up straight and began to shuffle her decrepit tarot
cards.  

Keimiku
Vice Captain

Tipsy Bookworm

10,550 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

antiXtobi
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:27 pm
Regulus rides his horse down the streets. He zones out of his surroundings and everything around him becomes white noise. He concentrates on his upcoming journey to Gwindle and wonders how much time it will waste.

Fools really have taken over since the war.. Haven't they? We dominate the world power and now they want to give Gwindle a shot at fighting back? Fools. Absolute fools. Is their lives not gracious enough? Why should we let Gwindle have a leader? They don't even have an army.. Fools.

Regulus feels a heavy wind and looks over the ocean. Black clouds approach Jego, very black clouds. Regulus feels a shiver down his spine before he notices a fortune shop. He steps off his horse and ties her up to the nearby post.

I'm a fool too I suppose. What kind of loon would waste money on being tricked? I'm not some daft twit from Sirius after all. Still, even if a falsehood, any amount of clarity may ease my mind.

Regulus knocks on the wall and enters the shop.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:50 pm

Damara moves her head upward to respond to the customer. Although she cannot see, she still moves in the proper form. If it's all the same, she'd like to feel somewhat normal.

"Welcome, welcome. What can I do for you today? I see you have a horse outside although I see no use for it, I can already tell you are much faster than the steed."

Keimiku
Vice Captain

Tipsy Bookworm

10,550 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

antiXtobi
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:47 pm
So you've heard of me? Who hasn't? I came here despite my knowing better, because I wish to put my mind at ease. I've been seeings what your kind would call "bad omens" on a regular basis. Perhaps you can tell me what they mean.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:03 pm

"So you can see that something is happening as well. Although, I do not believe I can put your mind at ease. If you want comfort, you should go to another fortune telling shop "of my kind" and get your palms read. I see the truth, sir."

Keimiku
Vice Captain

Tipsy Bookworm

10,550 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

antiXtobi
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:24 pm
Truth? There's only two truths in this world; weakness and power. Still, humor me.

Regulus drops a sack of coins on her table.

Show me what skill you have in telling me the "truth" of Jego's future. We hold Gwindle in slavery, we have command of Korbb and Orion, we have no great enemy, no threat, what future could we await that doesn't involve the continuation of our absolute power?  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:38 pm

"It seems like you fear what no one else fears. Gwindle IS in slavery as you have said and you do have powerful allies. Why worry? Although, for that amount of pretty pennies, I can tell you what you seek but for an added price, I would like a drop, just a drop of your blood."

Keimiku
Vice Captain

Tipsy Bookworm

10,550 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

antiXtobi
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:49 pm
My....my blood?! What business does a pauper gypsy have with royal blood? Nevertheless, I fear no witchcraft. You're not some demon or vampire, so your powers are no threat to me.

He unsheathes one of his swords just a little and brushes his arm against the blade. He extends his arm towards the girl. The nervous look in his eyes was outweighed by the determination.  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:00 am

Damara leans over and licks his arm.

" This is no witchcraft I assure you, simply my power. Hmm, let me see what I can do for you. Although Gwindle is in slavery, they are a great power as well despite what you think. They too have allies but every one that they hold will be in the future, as you said, they are bereft at the moment... You may want to look into visiting the islands for that one since The Ring would likely be their best bet but I see trouble in Larimar as well. Also, hope shall guide the hearts of their citizens and their children and adolescents will grow to become strong warriors. Hope is a tremendous force, sir."

Keimiku
Vice Captain

Tipsy Bookworm

10,550 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

antiXtobi
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:12 am
Regulus is slightly startled at the use of her tongue. He turns slightly pink but isn't sure if this shade is a result of the taboo behavior or outrage that a lower class woman would assert her saliva upon his person.

I'm going to assume you clean your tongue more extensively than the rest of yourself, and I'll refrain from slaying you where you stand foul pest.

He pauses to assess her words.

You speak of Gwindle's hope,but Gwindle has already lost the War. You claim they'll gain allies, but I can't see anyone desperate enough to help them. Perhaps your parlor tricks aren't as accurate as you think.

Regulus pulls some gold coins from his pocket and piles them next to the money sack.

So what of my future can you tell me? Oh enchanted one.  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:23 am
"Darling, never underestimate those that you do not know, some may end up haunting you. I'm sure you know what it feels like to be haunted by your past, Regulus."

Damara laughs.

"If you didn't believe in my power you wouldn't be here. All things take their time to come to pass, just wait. Why don't you shuffle these tarot cards and I'll let them tell me. They've been dying to get some use."

Keimiku
Vice Captain

Tipsy Bookworm

10,550 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

antiXtobi
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:32 am
He cringed a little. She could be guessing..bluffing. Does that make her wrong? He starts shuffling the cards in his hands at a slow pace. After he settles down he starts shuffling them faster. He picks the top ten cards off the deck and lays them on the table and continues to shuffle the deck. After a minute he divides the deck into two halves and places the ten in the middle. He then shuffles for another minute and puts the deck down. Why did he spend so much time doing that? It's just random cards. It was as if something foreign was pulling his body, motioning him to keep shuffling until he was done. Now the force seems satisfied. Regulus sits down at the table and stares down the strange deck of cards.  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:48 am

"I see, you pulled The Emperor. The Emperor shows us that domination of the mind over the heart is sometimes not wanted, but in some cases is it necessary and even welcomed, and that this is part of what we must think about when he appears. When hard choices must be made it's important to maintain your concentration and focus, my dear. I see many shadows possibly a dark for that lies ahead for you that could allow you to lose your focus. Enjoy the assertiveness and confidence; it that this self-control and focus brings. Forge ahead and do what you know is best. If you can master yourself then you should have little problem mastering the world and all the things in it. I know you may be offended by this sir, but the other cards seem to be telling me that... well it is The High Priestess mostly by this... but stay away from Gwindalin women. This shouldn't be too hard for you though but one in particular will hide her heritage and win your trust and may for some time become your ally. Be sure to use her to her fullest power but not for too long.

Why I asked for your blood earlier... I know that a country cannot feasibly shuffle its own cards. I sensed with your 'noble' attitude you are of importance. Blood of the loyal, blood of the country was needed. However, the price has been paid, and I now have new power. We shall always be connected, until next time traveler. Oh and by the way, in about, say... the time it takes for you to get out of here someone will have rode off with your horse. I know thievery isn't common here but some newcomers have been quite... thieving."

Keimiku
Vice Captain

Tipsy Bookworm

10,550 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

antiXtobi
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:58 am
While pondering the words he was hearing Regulus was overwhelmed with the sudden urge to check on his horse. He stormed out the door and saw someone riding off with his thorough bred.

Son of a Faerie whore!

Regulus stomped the ground and made a quick turn around but the shop was gone. He backed away from the empty lot slowly, cautiously. How could she have done that? What sorcery?

Well....regardless of what she did, some poor wretch seemed to have run off with my horse. When I find him, I'll eviscerate him until his dearest loved ones couldn't identify the b*****d.

Regulus walked off down the street in search for his horse and its newly found master.  
Jego (The World's Superpower) Winner of the Great War

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games