Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Inspiration
Please read i feel like i need to tell people

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanilla_Vodka09

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:48 pm
I had been struggling with thoughts of suicide and it got so bad i had to call the national suicide hotline on a weekly basis. I also had reverted to cutting myself.
Yesterday i went to a prayer meeting and i recieved healing and as of right now i no longer have the urge to harm myself.
God had someone i didnt even know wake me up and tell me of the power of love over any disorder or struggle we have.
If anyone needs me please pm me.
Praise God.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:56 pm
...Suicide is counter-productive to the purpose of your existence, which is to exist as a unique entity that can act as a companion to God and provide Him with one of the very, very few things that He can't give Himself. ^^ Which, I might add, makes you unique, irreplaceable, and inherently valuable. No matter what your circumstances are, you have worth in the eyes of God. Quite a lot, I might add.

o wo b  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Vanilla_Vodka09

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:03 pm
Rednal
...Suicide is counter-productive to the purpose of your existence, which is to exist as a unique entity that can act as a companion to God and provide Him with one of the very, very few things that He can't give Himself. ^^ Which, I might add, makes you unique, irreplaceable, and inherently valuable. No matter what your circumstances are, you have worth in the eyes of God. Quite a lot, I might add.

o wo b

well im starting to learn about this worth. i always thought because he was god it didnt matter if i died because well, he doesnt need any human. he is god. alpha and omega. but yes those things you listed at the end he showed me this very directly. i think the women who spoke to me was trying to say also that he wanted to talk to me not just have me say prayers. Although i have no clue why. he knows and is more then i will ever be so i dont see any logical point in seeking my friendship or presence.
Also i will note, i am a convert-so the idea of having a purpose in gods eyes is new also...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:13 pm
It can be new for many people. ^^ The super-short philosophical version is basically...

God is supposedly all-powerful, but some things are contradictory by their very definition. Humans occupy a special and interesting place, because we were given free will, the ability to make choices, and the responsibility to bear the consequences of those actions. Sin wouldn't even be possible if we couldn't choose to do it, or at the very least, it wouldn't be our fault. What the Bible suggests is that humanity exists to, essentially, provide God with companionship... because one of the few things God can't do is be somebody else. By existing, you are something God cannot be, and even the Almighty might want companionship... but God is not a dictator, intent on forcing your companionship. That sort of, well, defeats the purpose of having independent, free-willed beings. God wants you to be with Him, but only because you choose to be, not because you have to be. The purpose of your existence is to be God's friend, and you're absolutely free to reject this purpose if you so choose. God respects you enough to go along with your choices. ^^b

As for here on Earth, well, we only get one life. o wo Since God gave it to us, we might as well try to make the best of it and enjoy it, right? Won't always be easy or fun, but it's a one-shot deal. It's okay if you fall down and struggle as long as you keep trying to move forward. We're not perfect. We just try to be, and that's quite sufficient.  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

LivArtistic

Friendly Giver

8,200 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:44 am
VanillaFrosting92
I had been struggling with thoughts of suicide and it got so bad i had to call the national suicide hotline on a weekly basis. I also had reverted to cutting myself.
Yesterday i went to a prayer meeting and i recieved healing and as of right now i no longer have the urge to harm myself.
God had someone i didnt even know wake me up and tell me of the power of love over any disorder or struggle we have.
Praise God.

I've been there. I was on the verge of suicide when I just gave up everything to God. Praise God indeed, I am greatful to hear that you are doing better!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:05 am
ZealousChristian
VanillaFrosting92
Praise God.

I've been there. I was on the verge of suicide when I just gave up everything to God. Praise God indeed, I am greatful to hear that you are doing better!

yea.. i was going to wait to talk to people at a later time, but when God wants something done he will do it no matter what time frame i think i need to follow. With out that lady's intermission i would not have received any healing.
Thank you me too, its a big burden that has been taken off my shoulders.  

Vanilla_Vodka09

Vanilla_Vodka09

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:09 am
Rednal
It can be new for many people. ^^ The super-short philosophical version is basically...

God is supposedly all-powerful, but some things are contradictory by their very definition. Humans occupy a special and interesting place, because we were given free will, the ability to make choices, and the responsibility to bear the consequences of those actions. Sin wouldn't even be possible if we couldn't choose to do it, or at the very least, it wouldn't be our fault. What the Bible suggests is that humanity exists to, essentially, provide God with companionship... because one of the few things God can't do is be somebody else. By existing, you are something God cannot be, and even the Almighty might want companionship... but God is not a dictator, intent on forcing your companionship. That sort of, well, defeats the purpose of having independent, free-willed beings. God wants you to be with Him, but only because you choose to be, not because you have to be. The purpose of your existence is to be God's friend, and you're absolutely free to reject this purpose if you so choose. God respects you enough to go along with your choices. ^^b

As for here on Earth, well, we only get one life. o wo Since God gave it to us, we might as well try to make the best of it and enjoy it, right? Won't always be easy or fun, but it's a one-shot deal. It's okay if you fall down and struggle as long as you keep trying to move forward. We're not perfect. We just try to be, and that's quite sufficient.

well said.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:52 pm
I am sorry you had those thoughts, I hope you know that no matter what you are going through God will always be there and always help you. I am happy you have got into contact with the Suicide Hotline. If you need someone to talk to i am always willing to talk.  

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:06 am
Praise God! :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:14 pm
Meili Kyumee Youichi
Praise God! :3
deffinatly.  

Vanilla_Vodka09

x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x

Sparkly Dark Elf

20,875 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:34 pm
I will be praying for you. Please don't hesitate to lean on us. You just received Christ and inherited a whole lot of brothers and sisters too smile Don't give up! You are special  
Inspiration

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games