Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Game of Thrones

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you watch game of thrones ?
  yes
  no
View Results

aboly252
Crew

4,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:56 pm
so did anybody here watch Game of Thrones?

just finished 9th episode from season 3 , and let me say what happened was not expected , it blew my mind eek  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:19 am
aboly252
so did anybody here watch Game of Thrones?

just finished 9th episode from season 3 , and let me say what happened was not expected , it blew my mind eek

We haven't, but we think we will read the books first.  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

[Comic.Explosion]
Vice Captain

Gracious Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:42 pm
It's on my list of shows to start. I have heard so much about it. But I didn't know it was a book!! I'll have to start there!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:25 am
I don't have time to watch the series but I am reading the books. 3nodding I'm currently three-quarters through the third book, "A Storm of Swords." I love the book but man! It's a slow read, with each book being just over a thousand pages long. sweatdrop

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

[Comic.Explosion]
Vice Captain

Gracious Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:09 pm
Angry Kitsune
I don't have time to watch the series but I am reading the books. 3nodding I'm currently three-quarters through the third book, "A Storm of Swords." I love the book but man! It's a slow read, with each book being just over a thousand pages long. sweatdrop

How do you like them so far? I've ordered them but I left them home for the semester sadly :c  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:13 pm
I love the show, my cousin looks like the dragon lady. kinda awkward when her nude scenes come on and i just see my cousin  

Rockabill23

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:15 am
[Comic.Explosion]
Angry Kitsune

How do you like them so far? I've ordered them but I left them home for the semester sadly :c

A Clash of Kings went by really quickly. It was totally an interesting read. However, the first book took me the longest time to read through since I had to get used to the language and all the names the book lists. Plus, the fact that each chapter comes from the viewpoint of a separate character, kinda slows down the reading since by the time I reach the following chapter dealing with the same character, I've forgotten what I read in their previous chapter. T~T That's the only downfall.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:17 am
Rockabill23
I love the show, my cousin looks like the dragon lady. kinda awkward when her nude scenes come on and i just see my cousin

You mean Daenerys Targaryen? lol I bet! What does your cousin think?

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

Unnursvana

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:31 am
I like the show a lot. I made sure that I picked up the books before watching the show (I had heard people talking about them since forever before that). I like the world building, the writing (though sometimes it can be rather slow, like the 5th book) and some of the characters a lot. My fav would be Sansa Stark, Bran Stark and Jon Snow.

The show is good and decently faithful to the books. The first season is still one of the most faithful book to screen adaptation that I have seen and it makes me book loving heart very happy. The second and third season do deviate a little bit from the books, but nothing that gets so on my nerves that I feel like ranting about it at the moment. Could do with a little less female nudity and sex jokes and a little more character and plot development though
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:43 pm
I keep forgetting the author's name. And it always occurs when I'm looking for it in the bookstore.  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games