Gv get dxrvh lkkjvgcf
Crew

Tipsy Sweetheart

14,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:47 pm
I personally don't like either upcoming new systems but XBox more so.
The PS4 is going to have a "share button" on the controller to try to keep up with the social networking. That's really the only downside for me because you can already share your trophies with your friends on facebook with the PS3 without the extra button.
The XBox ONE.. is ...Well I'm still not sure what they're trying to do. I think teaming up with Microsoft is a bad play on their part. It seems like they're trying to make the XBox do too much and they're ripping people off when buying this new fancy system. I hope this system does so bad that they will have to completely design a new/simpler one. We don't need an XBox that can do "everything", we just need an XBox that we can still play on!
I certainly won't be buying the XBox ONE. the PS4? I'm going to wait and see what people think of it. But I still think I won't. Unless theres a game that I REALLY want.. then I just might.

I just want to know your girls thoughts on these new systems coming out!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:23 pm
yum_tea The XBox is and always has been a Microsoft product.

Anyway, I've never been too keen on the XBox, since the console's very inception. The XBox never had any games I wanted to play, plus there's the fact that it had no staying power--friends who played games less often than I did went through several XBoxes before giving up and getting a PS2. I also hated the controller. The XBox 360 didn't have any games I wanted to play that I couldn't also get on the PS3, plus it had the whole Red Ring of Death thing going on--I play far too often, for too long at a stretch, to buy such a fragile console. The XBox One doesn't seem to have any features on it that would make it worthwhile, and it has a lot of s**t going on that I don't like, such as the need for the Kinect to play games and the fees charged for playing a game on more than one console. It's all bullshit.

Now, the PS4 is...iffy. I'm not thrilled about the "share" button, because I ******** hate Facebook and everything like it and I don't want it anywhere near my gaming habits. I'm also a huge fan of Sony's trademark controller layout, and I don't want an extraneous button that I'll never use ******** it up for me. I'm also a bit miffed by the fact that it's apparently not going to be backwards compatible, but you know, it's not like I could play my PSOne discs indefinitely, so I'll get over it in time.  

Sweet Peppermint Tea

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75

Evataph

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:35 pm
I think it's weird people keep complaining about the Xbox One being another "cable box" when its worst features are the restrictive, money-grubbing control of who can play what, the Kinect being necessary hardware, and having to log on once every 24 hours to play those games (was this even confirmed? That just seems too ridiculous).

The share button's not that big of deal, is it? I never used the analog button on my PS2 controller. Don't see how it hurts anything in the grand scheme of things.

I'll probably just get a Wii U when Nintendo releases a new Zelda game. Then maybe get a PS4 2-4 years after launch.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:47 am
I don't keep up with game stuff well so I didn't know about the new XBOX system, though in hind sight I should have since that's the one my brother uses. I did know about the PS4 though and I'm not sure yet. I'm a Playstation fan so that's what I'm interested in but I heard earlier that it won't play a lot of the older games and that if you want to play older games on it, you'll have to buy them online and do it that way which personally I think is really weird and kind of ridiculous. I don't know if that's true or if they changed that or what but for now I'm going to just stare at the PS3 and hope I can get the money for that, we still just have a PS2 and it's going to need a funeral pyre soon  

StrayKit

Bored Broke and Blonde

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:32 pm
Too many feels to get my opinion written down!!

Definitely not getting an Xbox One. Not that I'm a super fan of the PS4.

The way I feel, Microsoft is trying to kind of take what Nintendo had with the Wii. I think they are trying to appeal to a much wider audience, and I feel that due to that they're creating less of a gaming console and more of an entertainment unit. For me, personally, I just don't want any of that. Microsoft has just been doing a lot of money grabbing shots lately, and on top of that I think they're getting away from what I want. I don't want to watch tv on my Xbox. I don't want to watch sports. I really just wanna play video games.

I'm weird that way, I guess. Don't wanna sign my first child over to mother Microsoft.  
28. ✿ - - - Video Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games