Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i am sad mami

Premium Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:48 pm
User Image~ musicismylife ~

So I just want to get this out there in the beginning and say that it's not me that's hurting. The thing is, I have a really close friend who used to cut last year, but stopped for a while. Recently, she's been flooding her tumblr with reblogs of people cutting and it's worrying me. She tags the posts with trigger warning and says she has the strong urge to cut, and despite all the anons sending her love, she still doesn't let up. She's stubborn and I'm just not sure how to go address the situation, because I know it's delicate. I ask her if she's okay and she always says she's fine, but I know she's lying.

I don't know when the line crosses into critical or whether or not I should just tell her mom to keep an eye on her. I would be devastated if anything happened to her.

I'm currently jamming to: 4U (For You) by U-KISS
Like what I'm listening to?
PM me & we can share the wonders together.

Btdubbss I
love your face.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:34 am
generally speaking, self mutilation is done for a reason other than to purposely hurt oneself and is not done to kill themselves. that being said it is a serious issue and it is hard to get past completely. if your friend is showing signs that she may start to do it again then yes, keep an eye on her. being there for any kind of support does a lot more than you may think it does even if it doesn't seem like it. if you're worried she might do something worse than just cut herself, and I know that sounds horrible but still, then absolutely tell her mom what you're noticing. people who have hurt themselves in the past and started to get past it can relapse back into it and start again if something starts to bother them or they feel like they need to, so definitely keep an eye on her and let her know that you're there if she needs it. you're an amazing friend for picking up that something may be wrong and for wanting to help and keep her safe. hang in there and I wish both you and your friend the best  

StrayKit

i am sad mami

Premium Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:53 pm
StrayKit
generally speaking, self mutilation is done for a reason other than to purposely hurt oneself and is not done to kill themselves. that being said it is a serious issue and it is hard to get past completely. if your friend is showing signs that she may start to do it again then yes, keep an eye on her. being there for any kind of support does a lot more than you may think it does even if it doesn't seem like it. if you're worried she might do something worse than just cut herself, and I know that sounds horrible but still, then absolutely tell her mom what you're noticing. people who have hurt themselves in the past and started to get past it can relapse back into it and start again if something starts to bother them or they feel like they need to, so definitely keep an eye on her and let her know that you're there if she needs it. you're an amazing friend for picking up that something may be wrong and for wanting to help and keep her safe. hang in there and I wish both you and your friend the best

User Image~ musicismylife ~

Aww thanks so much! I'll be sure to take your advice. It's not every day that she does this, but whenever she does it makes me very uncomfortable. Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for her!

I'm currently jamming to: Daydream by Super Junior
Like what I'm listening to?
PM me & we can share the wonders together.

Btdubbss I
love your face.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
So I don't think I have any advice, but I can warn that relapses sometimes are worse than the original, so be careful  

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items