Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Gay Teachers/Professors Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:28 pm
Have you had any?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:43 pm
Hmm. There was this one teacher at my highschool that we all kind of suspected might be gay. He wasn't stereotypical in any way, he was just ******** awesome and we couldn't figure out why he was single. blaugh I wrote a term paper on same-sex marriage for one of his classes, and he was really enthusiastic about it, but he could have just been an ally.

Otherwise, no, not to my knowledge.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:30 pm
Teachers I've suspected, yes.

I did have an out Lesbian gym teacher in high school.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:54 pm
As for me, yes, I had a professor at my old university who's openly gay. Not surprisingly, he taught the "Asian and Pacific Islander Sexuality" class I completed a few semesters ago. It was a great class and he had much insight regarding the topic; he's actually Laotian. He also brought his partner to class one day - very attractive fellow. I'm happy I took that class (even though it only counted as excessive credit when I transferred to my current university).  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Anthh

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:38 pm
Yep. Public Speaking professor.
Really enthusiastic and fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:57 am
The middle school gym teacher at my small town school was openly lesbian (and married), but I only had her as a teacher for two weeks during swimming in freshman gym. I had a chemistry teacher that everyone suspected was a lesbian, but no one knows, or cares for that matter. I also had a psychology teacher that suspected to be at least bisexual-or somewhere in that area. Overall none of this has really mattered. Sure, it starts up a conversation every now and then, but realistically no one in this small town seems to care. Pretty cool :]  

xXbelovedXxx

Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

FatesDiplomat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:18 pm
I have a teacher in my highschool that is openly gay. He's not the typical gay man though. He's just like any other teacher until Halloween, individuality days or other special events. During holidays like those, he dresses up to celebrate, usually in women's clothes. I don't think the school would be the same without him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:51 pm
I can't believe I forgot my English teacher.

He taught my English classes in grades 7, 8, and 9. He had been married for like 30 years (his wife was my first elementary school teacher), had 2 grown children, played the organ at his church, and was a stern but knowledgeable teacher. I would have had him again in grade 12, but a week into the school year, he left town (and his wife) with a man. eek A biker dude from a town about an hour away.

This would be relatively scandalous anywhere, and I grew up in a very tiny, rural area, but after the initial shock, everyone got over it pretty quickly (except maybe his ex-wife).

I've run into him (and his husband) since then, and he seems much happier. *shrug*  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:26 pm
My history teacher during 8th grade I feel is either gay or asexual for some reason. My Spanish teacher this year, who my sister also has, has been thought to be gay by both a friend of mine and my sister, but he really does not strike me as a sexual being at all. He's a large, sweaty, Jewish man in his mid-forties to early sixties. :/
Some of my friends had another Spanish teacher, a younger guy in his mid-twenties. A friend of mine went on a class trip to Spain with him and saw him run off with a man. Also, my friend's chem teacher is apparently gay and he saw him with his partner at some school event.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:56 pm
The teacher in charge of anime club in high school (she was also an English teacher and headed the literary magazine committee) is a lesbian. People suspected that my 7th grade language arts teacher is a lesbian.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:44 am
I think it was a chem teacher in my highschool that was a lesbian. I don't really remember what she taught, but im pretty sure it was chem, may have been physics though. she wasn't my teacher, but she was really nice  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:39 am
FatesDiplomat

Like a boss.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

fabuleuse

Girl-Crazy Protagonist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:57 pm
My grade 8 teacher was a lesbian, not out to the class, but later on remet while I was in high school and she was advocating at Pride festivals. She was an awesome lady, one of the best teachers I ever had. Even came to school for Halloween, dressed in a suit pretending to be Ellen DeGeneres dancing around (the likeness was uncanny!). We were very close and she was very supportive as I believe she was aware I was on the gay spectrum even though I didn't announce it, but only did subtle things like referencing gay themes in school work or my affinity for rainbow accessories.

On a side note, I just saw this yesterday, and thought I would share how awesome it is: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/19/canada-student-macklemore-same-love-_n_3466452.html
The article I saw about it yesterday was better though, describing how the kids in question who played this in support, were normal problem kids and tough to handle especially for other teachers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:11 pm
Der Fluch des Pharao
I did have an out Lesbian gym teacher in high school.

That sounds like such a stereotype rofl

My high school literature teacher was gay (big clue was his love of Oscar Wilde, especially The Importance of Being Earnest, in which he insisted he read the parts of Lady Bracknell), and one of my current history lecturers is a lesbian. Other than that, I don't know.  

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Legato of the Night

Fashionable Genius

7,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:01 am
None that I ever suspected in college, but I probably met a few and didn't even consider it. However, my high school chemistry teacher fit the bill of a stereotypical butch lesbian. I mean, her mustache, hefty frame, and all-male clothing didn't exactly scream straight to me.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff