42%  [ 8 ]
I'm just here for the gold ^^
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:57 pm
Why hello there all my lady friends!

For some odd reason I felt like making this thread, knowing my luck, this has already been created, either way, I will make it again. whee

So. Do you prefer pads or tampons?

Personally, I would much rather were tampons, but... I cant insert them.. (Yeah I know, TMI) Pads are just annoying... And leak so much easier.

Thats my view, whats everyone elses opinion? Or possibly other protection methods? Like, I have heard of menstrul cups and all those sort of things...

yum_bacon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:41 pm
i had a bad experience with tampons when i was younger... ; n ;

so, i now choose pads.  

hoenest

Darling

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:04 am
I remember this topic here a while back and I don't mind answering to it again razz

I prefer tampons over pads. For about 5 years - I wore pads the whole way. I loathed them! I would walk around school and be afraid to sit, and if I sat, I'd be afraid to stand back up. I'd be afraid I'd leak through my pants and a few times I did (so not fun) and I was embarrassed that guys saw. Any moisture from sweat would cause me to freak out and want to check to make sure I didn't leak outside of the pad like every chance I got. I used the bathroom every passing hour and sometimes try and not to look suspicious using the bathroom more than once during my lunch hour and not to mention sitting on the toilet thinking I could wipe up all of the menstrual mess before I had to go to class.

When I tried tampons and for sure knew how to use them - I did! I could laugh, sneeze, sit, stand, run, walk, and lie down in confidence! I felt so good being able to walk around not having to worry if I leaked through my pants. From then on, tampons are my preferred choice and I make sure to change them out every 4 hours (I set an alarm clock on my phone as a reminder to change my tampon so I don't forget sweatdrop ). I enjoy not having to worry about what position I am in every second with a tampon. I will sleep while wearing a pad and I dislike it, but better than sleeping too long with a tampon in.

I have not explored other protection methods, but have often wondered about them. However, some of the methods freaked me out like the reusable once because I'm not sure how that would be taken care of in a public restroom where you have stalls and are away from a sink. I'd love some explanations on that and if it's perhaps not at all of what I think.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:00 am
Aquatic_blue

I have the same problem that you had with "leakage freakage". I have several times leaked on a chair at school, which is really embarrassing...

I don't particularly like pads at all, I dont like going to gym with them, because I do squats and such, so go figure, haha.

I would LOVE to use tampons, but I cant insert them properly gonk

yum_bacon

M i n i R e d S t a r s

Fuit Gummy

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:25 am
gonk

Oh boy.
Personally, I choose pads. I'm terrified of putting ANYTHING inside of my...
lady bits. Obviously, I am queen of the virgins. xD

I've wanted to use tampons because pads are horribly uncomfortable and
always seem to move around, but I can't bring myself to do it. Plus, with
my horrible memory, I'd end up sleeping with it in.

Ironically, started my period last night too.
emotion_donotwant Now I'm pissy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:35 am
M i n i R e d S t a r s
Aquatic_blue

I have the same problem that you had with "leakage freakage". I have several times leaked on a chair at school, which is really embarrassing...

I don't particularly like pads at all, I dont like going to gym with them, because I do squats and such, so go figure, haha.

I would LOVE to use tampons, but I cant insert them properly gonk

yum_bacon

Aw, sorry to hear that D=

I'm not sure what I'd do without tampons. The first time I used one, I inserted it improperly and ended up with a mess >_< that was embarrassing so I gave up for a while. For me, tampons took practice and trying to read those weird folded up instructions that come in the box and still wonder why I couldn't do it right. I ended up getting the plastic applicators where you just press the end of it and it inserts the tampon and I'm comfortable with those.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

StrayKit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:04 am
I actually use both at times. when I know I can't get to a bathroom for a while(like road trips), it's heavier than usual, or when I go to sleep I used pads too just in case as a back up. generally in the day i'm using tampons because, as it's already been stated, I freak out with just pads about anything being a leak or overflowing and get paranoid about moving around too much  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:31 am
Started off with pads, main problem being that the things would stick to me
Then I got my period right before going to camp. Have used tampons since  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Beth Phoenix23

Beloved Gaian

11,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:12 am
I prefer pads, mostly for the simple fact that I've been using them since the beginning. I do want to try tampons but I really don’t want to spend so much money on finding one that’s a perfect match for me and then never using them. If I'm in my house then pads don’t bother me but when I'm in public I have a panic attack every second thinking I might leak. I always feel like people can see it. I've heard of menstrual cups, they seem cool but I don’t think its for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:33 am
Aquatic_blue

My goodness, you're right!

I was really annoyed with pads today, and I thought "Nope, I am going to try again." So I got a smaller one and my god! I was able to sit properly, walk around. It was beautiful emotion_kirakira

yum_bacon

M i n i R e d S t a r s

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:11 pm
For me it's Tampon's even though the first time using them was scary as hell!

I remember, I was only young but I bleed quite a lot and pads just didn't work for me. I leaked all the time which made me feel embarresed until my form tutor, who's female, told me that it's completely normal and let me take the rest of the day off to clean myself up and rest. She was so amazing! ^-^

But I digress, Tampon's are for me. Much more efficient for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:52 pm
Pads.

Nothing's going in thar. Sorry. I've never leaked or anything like that. I'm the luckiest girl in the world for my period (first person to say that, ever!) because I don't get cramps ('least not on a schedule. Maybe two cramps a year), I don't bleed heavy, and I don't bleed all seven days. It's more like four and a half. ^w^

Famous Fairy Tail

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:59 pm
M i n i R e d S t a r s
Aquatic_blue

My goodness, you're right!

I was really annoyed with pads today, and I thought "Nope, I am going to try again." So I got a smaller one and my god! I was able to sit properly, walk around. It was beautiful emotion_kirakira

yum_bacon

Awesomeness! emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:03 pm
I am not a huge fan of tampons, so I prefer pads instead. They are easy for me to use when I get my period.  

EternalAnge

Sugary Star

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:51 pm
I got tired of pads shitting with me, so I convinced my mom to let me start using tampons. ^-^ So it was good to read through what you girls think.
While we're on this topic, does anyone else have a fear of changing in a public bathroom? D: Sometimes I keep my pad on all 8 hours at school and forget to change it when I come home, which is terrible. emotion_facepalm The bathrooms at school don't have those wall garbage things, which is TERRIBLE. mad But yeah. I have a fear of people knowing that I'm on my period. gonk And when I am on it, I like to pretend I'm not. In denial, stupid I know. classified_fu

22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff