Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:17 am
So I noticed that in bribe slots mers and seathis were listed as okay to be involved in hyper-hybrids, but on the next rule it clearly states that mers/seathi cannot breed with anything but Nixie/Kelpi, and are limited to their traits e.g. cannot have wings.

I was wondering how these were reconcilable? Are seathis and mers allowed small traits from other breeds e.g. Nymph ears, but not major ones such as wings e.g. Angeni?

Or is it that only Kelpis that have mer blood can then be involved in the hyper-hybrids e.g. by having a mer-style tail, kelpi fins & then other traits such as the aforementioned angeni wings on the four-legged base.

It makes me sad if it's the latter, it really limits the edits you can get on the alternate bases :/ And seathis are like, my favourite breed.

I am speaking only for bribes etc... where mutants can be acquired from!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:30 am
They can't get flight wings, but they can get other traits from non-Kelpie/Nixie. Think of it as if a Mer were breeding with a crossbreed like a Kelpie'lona or Kelpie'suti because Mers can only breed with Kelpies. So you could get things like horns, scales, headwings, and elemental edits on the Mer base by having the "other parent" already be a crossbreed.  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:43 am
That's what I was hoping <3

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:21 pm
*nod* There are a FEW Mers and Seathi, for example, that have' mutant' traits that could be considered a hybridizing. There are several with scales, which could be seen as, for mers, A Merkelpikirin or Merkelpisuti hybrid and the scaled seathi could easily be QuilNixSeathi. So hyper hybrid mers can have horns, feathers, Cloven hooves, cerynei ears, scales, spines, spikes, even so far as Hippogryph beaks and talons (There is a mutant mer that was supposed to have a beak but the colorist forgot to add it) for mers, and the headwings, scales, cloven hooves, and horns in seathi. Even if they didnt SHOW determinable traits of a Kelpi/Nixie, they'd still be Mer-kelpi___ or ___NixSeathi.

Flight however MUST be converted into fins, even if they have an 'arm' as part of it they are flightless and only capable Kelpi's level of Flying-fish level gliding.

As you can likely understand, making these hybrid options available all at once might be a little overtaxing for our colorists since there is just SO MUCH to be made, so they'd be added on a "Need" basis with breedings and/or during bribes.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:24 pm
Awesome!

So if you got an unedited breeding between say a Quillin-Nixie and a Seathi, would the seathi offspring have a chance at getting some Quillin traits?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:45 pm
Right. And the hybrid template would then be made and available for places where hyperhybrids are available (Freebies, flaffles, breedings, if you wanted a non-mutant bribe)  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers