Interested in Art from Me maybe? price 1k-3k
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

Kitty of Music

Lucky Star

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:33 pm
Hello all Kitty here and I needed some advice about balancing school and stuff.

So next year I'll be part of my school's yearbook staff. As well as be in my third year of marching/concert band. I'll be having a six period class like last year. However I'll also have a junior project.

I was wondering if I should try and get a job at some type of store like Walmart or perhaps even become a teacher's assistant. I love going on the internet and drawing and reading the bible. I wanted to try and make time for that stuff during my Junior year of high school.

So ladies that's probably about it.

Any advice about how to balance that all out because I wanna try and avoid being to stressed out and sleep deprived?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:31 pm
It sounds like your school year will be quite busy. If your school is anything like mine, the Yearbook and Band alone will be keeping you extremely busy all year long. Pile that on with homework, projects, and studying for tests... You will have little free time. I would suggest waiting to get a job until senior year if you are going to be less busy then.

My friend had a hard time just trying to balance homework, projects, band, and after school club activities. The poor thing was sleep deprived and stressed for most of the year. She had a hard time with tests because there was no time for her to study, and a few of our classes gave out big chapter tests every other week. (We had a lot of the same classes, but never had them during the same period.)

But yeah... I would suggest finishing projects as soon as possible, same with homework or else it will just pile up. No need to over work yourself, right?  

I Love Bad Puns

Friendly Shapeshifter

Kitty of Music

Lucky Star

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:27 am
I Love Bad Puns

XXXXXX"Curiouser and curiouser."
User Image

XUser ImageTrue.Band I have not much to worry about I just gotta memorize a march for half the year. Yearbook will probably become a class instead of an after school activity. So true. Thank you and your right besides their always looking for eighteen year old teenagers instead.

Poor thing but am pretty sure she got through it right?

I guess so,I just hope their not to picky with what I decide to do my project on. Then again I know a few Seniors who graduated last year and the year before that could help me.

Any who thanks a bunch for the advice.

User Image
XXXXXXXXXX"Yay! Tea Time."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:20 am
Kitty of Music

Yeah, she managed to get through it, though honestly my school over works a lot of the students. Basically if you are in honors/AP classes at my school you are forced into about 4 clubs and have to do roughly 100+ Community Service. Not to mention the band practices just about every day, same with the sports teams. Those kids had to of been just itching for summer to get here lol.

No problem though. That's kind of cool that your Yearbook club can become an actual class.  

I Love Bad Puns

Friendly Shapeshifter

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces