Reply 17. ✿ - - - Music, Series & Movies
World War Z...and other zombies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StrayKit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:41 am
So I don't know about any of you gals, but I was excited to go and see the movie and thought they made it very well. I haven't read the book yet(have to steal it from my brother first) but I have read the survival guide by the same author. Happy to say that the zombies in the movie followed a lot of what he put in there so no one changed them much if at all in the actual movie. The pace wasn't too slow or too fast, or one or the other for insanely long periods of time. It wasn't just swimming in blood like a lot of horror movies, especially when zombies are involved, have especially lately. Personally, I recommend it if any of you like zombie movies.

That being said, I was wondering what the rest of you think. Zombies have grown pretty popular over the last couple years between the books Max Brooks, the author of World War Z, has put out, and the Walking Dead series hitting TV alone. More movies and books are being put out, there's merchandise for it EVERYWHERE and I think it's now safe to say that zombies today have reached the popularity of vampires and Zombies when the Twilight saga was at it's height. So what do you girls think? Did you see the movie or read any of the books and enjoy them? What do you think about the type of zombies in that and that we see in so many TV series and movies now? Do you have a favorite film featuring the living dead?

Let's chat it up, shall we?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:16 pm
I thought Brad Pitt did amazing. emotion_bigheart

It was a really interesting movie.
I loved it. c:

prickly finger

Fatcat

I Love Bad Puns

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:55 pm
A lot of my friends are into zombie stuff. I don't know. Zombies just don't catch my interest. There was only one zombie movie that caught my interest sweatdrop and that was Warm Bodies. I don't care much for apocalyptic movies either though and that kind of goes hand in hand with zombies...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:22 pm
I read the book, haven't seen the movie. The book is my favorite Zombie/Horror book! I'm so afraid the movie will ruin it for me.
I love zombies but I never got exposed to them much until I met my boyfriend, and hes introduced me to so many movies and books!
THE WALKING DEAD. I looooove the walking dead! I think I still need to watch season 3? The season (SPOILER) where Lori has the baby and dies? BUT omg. And the comic books for it, I looove TWD comics!
I dont really like how popular zombies have become because now half the stuff is stupid, and it will be overplayed soon. But for now, ZOMBIIIES <3  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Annikou

Blessed Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:52 pm
    ••• Happy Autumn

World War Z was pretty amazing. And I have to say Brad Pit did a very good job in it, and he was looking rather sexy with his long hair. wink

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:03 pm
I actually liked World War Z. I didn't read the book, but the movie was pretty good.  

Vermillion-Acorn

Interesting Gekko

CrimsonBells

Feral Bookworm

15,550 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:53 pm
WWZ was a really good movie, I want to read the book as well. I definitely agree that zombies are at an all time high right up there with vampires and werewolves. I myself aren't particularly that into them.

Zombie movies also seem to either be really good or really bad. I saw one with Wesley Snipes "The Gallow Walkers" I think and it was really, really, bad. I saw Warm Bodies too, and though I did like it better the second time I watched I didn't think it was great. Though I would like to read the book just to see if it's better.  
17. ✿ - - - Music, Series & Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games