Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Blaze of Glory Dueling Range: Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:47 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Annabelle Emery Rich
Blaze of Glory: Dueling Range Owner
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

Her fingers twitched; hidden along the inseam of her leather jacket, her wand was waiting. Her mind gauged visually, approximately two seconds to slip her fingers around the shaft and strike like a viper. She was three seconds away from checkmate. Wandlessly, her mind could craft a barrier, but which would be best? The traditional protego, or something more devious to counter hexes. She hummed thoughtfully, eyeing him. He was a nefarious man in dastardly clothes; she expected nothing more, and nothing less. If he were to have claimed any affiliation with the ministry, she would have laughed in his face. The unkempt hair, the square features and luminescent stare hid the umbrage of a man she couldn’t decide if she wanted to get to know.

Or maybe she did, and really, she was only fooling herself? Weeks ago she’d drifted to Lucky’s Pub, and it was then and there after her confrontation with Antony that she had decided she was ready. The world would be her oyster; she’d find her pearl.

This man, however, had seemed to find her, instead. ”I’m not your lady,” Annabelle had smiled nonetheless, an animalistic challenge flared in her nostrils. ”...But you can call me Belle.” She chided with a playfulness singing on her tongue and eyes sparkled. He could clean himself up brilliantly, she realized shamelessly, with that posh inflection and maybe a daring hint of pressed trousers and a dashing suit and tie... Maybe.. But the thoughts curled loosely like the blonde locks of her hair.

His ruthless spirit hadn’t gone unnoticed. She articulated an arousing challenge with her pursed lips. Slowly, she uncrossed her arms to dip her fingers in her pockets and procured the long stem of her wand of unyielding hornbeam and its jobberknoll feather core. Daintily teasing the weapon, she studied his features for every stray emotion. ”Hmmm, I’ll tell you wha’, if you think you can drop that “prim and proper” facade, I’ll give you your chance,” Belle smirked. A carnal grace unleashed as her wand swift and steadily unlocked and opened one of the unmarked doorways that led to the most difficult challenge her simulations could hope to offer.

”Show me what you can do, aw’righ’? Then we’ll talk.” She promised, but in the back of her mind, her decision was already made. His hardened features had been chiseled by strife and she was ready to watch him illustrate it. Her skybox view was tucked behind a hallway and nestled into a corner that should have been part of her loft, but she sacrificed the space for a panoramic view of the aurors challenge.

Annabelle had always thought that to watch a wizard duel was to see an artist paint, a musician play or a sculptor build; it was the birth of a miracle and the death of a saint, too surreal for words to explain. She saw the essence of life breathe and she could almost always taste it on her lips, their freedom, their soul. It was so sweet, a hidden nectar of a forbidden fruit she’d long ago claimed. And never stopped claiming.

✹✸✷ Blaze of Glory
✹✸✷ Red as Sin
Twenty Years Old 5’7” 139lbs
╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:49 pm
User Image

User Image ”Saucy little minx.” Leo rumbled under his breath as his blue eyes watched her strut away. Her Hornbeam wand had opened the door to start the Auror’s Challenge. When she had originally pulled the wand out, his eyebrow had arched and he was tempted to say that she didn’t need that to get him out of his clothes. Unfortunately that wasn’t why she had produced it and it was probably best that he try to stop making sex eyes at his potential boss. Although, the though of ‘dueling to the sex’ and it couldn’t be pushed aside easily.

Though, as the sultry blonde sashayed out of sight, Leo released a breath and shook his head, as if trying to shake of her affect. Though no amount of shaking could remove his smile. Pulling out his wand of Oak and Re’em heartstring, he made for the door that she had opened. Her comments made it clear enough that he would be observed to test his worthiness as a trainer. A fair and reasonable interview process. Leo kept having to remind himself that he was for a job, not to impress a beautiful woman.

Alright, well maybe it was both.

Still, stepping in the door, he realized that if he was usually breaking into a dark wizards lair, their would be voices, footsteps, unattendant guards, the errors of the human element that helped tip an Auror off to where his prey was. In here, dummies would be hid and cued at the moment to form an ultimate challenge. Not to mention the ‘civilian’ dummies that he had to not only NOT hit, but protect from strikes by the ‘criminal’ dummies. Stepping into the simulated ‘4 room’ area, the door to the reception area closed on its own behind him. His ocean eyes flicked back quickly to ascertain that nothing was hidden behind the door.

Just wall.

He was standing in a long hallway. The walls on either side were about eight feet high and the space above was open, presumably so the test could be watched. On the right side there was a door to what was presumably the first room. If he had been walking into an enemy lair, he would have cast a disillusionment charm over himself. But being that these were just dummies, he wasn’t sure if that would have any effect. Long but careful strides led him down to the door, wand up and eyes intently scanning up and down the hallway. Once one of the dummies popped out, he could see how she was rigging them. But for now, he had to be extra cautious.

Coming to the doorway, with no incident, Leo was getting irritable. She was screwing with him. It was kind of hot. But still, he didn’t want to be made to look like an a** by a practice dummy. Pausing at the near side of the doorway, he angled his gaze to check the wall inside opposite of him. Finding it empty, he spun quickly in front of the door as a dummy from the opposite wall inside the room sprung forward into the doorway. If it had just walked in, it would have run right into him. Without hesitation, his wrist flicked and his dark voice hissed with confidence, casting a Revulsion Jinx that knocked the dummy backward as he was persuing into the room, reading his attack. ”Diffindo!”

A diagonal slash cleaved the dummy in two. Oh, I wonder how much I’m allowed to bang up her dummies? Oh well. I’m just going to have some fun and I’ll replace them if I have to. He had little time to think further on that because one dummy flipped up in the corner to his left and another straight ahead. Blocking a spell sent from his left, he muttered as he slashed his wand forward, sending a ’Deprimo!’ at the dummy in front as he dropped into a roll forward as the first dummy dropped with a searing hole through the center. From a crouch, he reached over a box that he was crouched behind and flipped his wand to the side toward the dummy in the corner, ”Defodio!”

The dummy was hit directly and twitched as a crunching noise resounded. It still was jerkily raising a arm, so Leo leapt up and over the box, his free hand on the surface anchoring his powerful leap that send a foot directly into the chest of the dummy. The wooden figure, now hollowed out from the hex, crumbled like so much sawdust.

He heard a swish and spun around with his wand up. But it was a civilian dummy jerking back and forth, as if nervous. “Colloshoo. Protego.” he muttered toward the dummy, sticking its ‘feet’ to the ground and casting a protective shield around it. He guessed that he had cleared this room but he didn’t want to make for the next door and have a dummy pop out and an errant curse hit the ‘civilian’ and loose him a point.

Standing to the side of the wall, he gave the next room the same check from either side of the doorway before entering. This room had several civilians pop up immediately while the criminal ones popped up behind and in between them. So this room was a test of accuracy and speed. Securing the civilians, he went on to the next room.

The third room had similar questions and he was almost hit as a dummy bounced up behind him while he was blocking a curse. But with some quick thinking he used ‘Accio’ to pull the other dummy over, use it to block the next curse, fire around it to destroy the other two and then knock it forward to destroy it as well.

The fourth room had high stacks of boxes so it was like a labyrinth and he had to clear each nook and cranny. He almost had two civilians get sizzled in that room because they popped up behind him while he was addressing two criminals from the front. Luckily, he cast ‘Protego Totalum’ and as he left the room, his perfect score was still intact.

Then there was the field. It was eerie. From a fence to the side, dummies started popping up and down, firing spells at him. It reminded him of the sharp shooter challenge. Spinning to the side to take a split second scan of the room, to assure himself that no civilians were behind him, he turned and ran at the fence. In a fierce attack, he blocked and fired off his own spells at top speed, knocking the four dummies down quickly and jumping over the fence to make sure there were no more. There actually was another further up, which he ran at and ‘Everte Statum’ed before it was even fully erect. Dummies on the field started springing up, now civilian and criminal and he had to cast quickly to shield the civilians and blast the others, staying behind the fence to help shield him as he worked his way up the side of the field.

At the end of the fence he jumped back over. There was a quiet again but no door had opened so he knew that there was another dummy lurking around the field. His long black coat swished against his legs as he moved. There was a distinct tense stillness in the air. He loved it. He missed this. He knew that leaving his position as an Auror was what Ally had needed. He couldn’t take chances with his life anymore because she had already lost too much and he NEEDED to stay alive, for her sake. But Gods he had missed it. She had seven years in Hogwarts before she would be ready to take on the world. Perhaps after that….?

Who could say about the future. He had always figured that someday he would settle down. Possibly have a family. But ending his career so early? That was never part of the plan. So, who knew. Right now he could just settle for a good time. And the blonde that owned this place…Leo’s smirk returned as he remembered her taunt, ’Show me what you can do.’ she had said. Wouldn’t I like to. he teased in his own mind.

Focus, moron! Foc- the thought was caught short as a criminal dummy popped up out of the high grass, sixty yards out and immediately a civilian in front of it and one to each side flanking it. It was like the dummy was doing the same thing that he had done in the one room, using another as a shield. The hexes and jinxes were being fired around the dummies and Leo didn’t have a clear shot. Breaking into a run toward it, Leo dodged and magically blocked as needed. When he tried to go to the side, planning to circle behind, the civilian dummy shifted to continue the block.

Seeing this, Leo growled and turned on them ”Depulso!Depulso!Depulso!” he barked in quick succession. The Banishing charm sending the civilian dummies to different places around the room. Finally with a clear shot, he drew back his wand and slashed forward powerfully. ”CONFRINGO!” The dummy was blasted backward powerfully before collapsing to the ground.

A soft bell sound jingled and a door opened leading back into the front room of the Dueling range. A definite swagger broke out as he walked back to the door. His eyes not looking up but his smirk radiating from his sculpted face. He had to give it to her, he had definitely broken a sweat and it was a lot more difficult than a few random bullseyes flung around like he assumed a dueling range would be. Still, he made it through, didn’t disgrace his past and felt more alive than he had in almost a year. God he had missed this. Wand in hand, charging down through hexes and curses, no fear and attacking full on, what a rush.

Now he had to pull all of that adrenaline back in and not let it leach into his libido. Fighting was an aphrodisiac, what could he say. Not his fault. But this woman could possibly be his boss. Your boss. Your boss. Your boss. he chanted silently.

Even in school, as a Ravenclaw, he had always displayed a slight Gryffindor edge of liking to bend the rules. Even those he tried to set for himself. However, he would attempt to control himself.

Perhaps.

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

Voracious Voxy

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:57 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold

Annabelle Emery Rich

”The cocky b*****d,” she mused with a flighty breath, her back already turned and her visage now hidden from view as the last echoing steps cradled the brick walls. The slice of fingernails rasped the concrete grooves, chipped against cracks and slits with the a humming droll that followed. Behind a door and up a stairwell, the long, narrow hall extended the width of the simulation area. The black tinted glass birthed the distortion of shadows and silhouette demons.

Her left arm curled around her waist as a pedastol for her right elbow, a long finger curled at the base of her lip and teased the top layer of flesh like another bad habit. Eyes of a serpent flickered in those wavering moments as she eyed the man, statuesque and poised with a certain deadly stance. Tongue in cheek, carnivorous fangs glinted when she grinned, watching him like a mouse in her maze. He was anxious, she relished with half-lidded eyes. Maybe even nervous, she dared to wonder. Well, he should be, she smiled and the arrogance rolled in heavy waves.

The first beat of the fight stormed the drums of war to life. The blast of magic and the bright severing light hacked into enchanted dummies, energy pulsing with every fiery blast. Her heart thudded in tune. Dull colors flashed, yellows and blues were always the brightest. The burst of magic was a blur, the shades of green and red were barely discernable, and his flurry of black clothing wasn’t at all unlike those spells, bare and gray and dull.

Belle inched closer, her hand pressed against the glass to peer down deeper where her vantage was weakest with his back against the walls, eyeing corners and ghosting through doors with the shrill slash of might and the bang of force. The bright burst of blue flooded her vision with color, the shield charm was erect, she knew it before she heard the rattle of his deep voice trickling through her ears.

A thrashing tongue ripped behind pearly whites, excitement bubbling in her core. Duel him, it lit a fire in her eyes. Duel him, now, every inch of her pleaded. But no. She couldn’t. Duel him! No!

Belle recoiled; she took a step back and shook her head. No, she couldn’t. He’d beat her, and then she’d have to kill him; it was only fair. Distraught, her vision flickered to the left and then down to the ground below her heels. He’s not just another duelist, like her. No, no he certainly wasn’t, but then, what was he? She was a duelist, yes, but only in tournaments, in official duels under provisions and rules and standards. There was, of course, the one exception--that one time--of a very unlucky day. But why dwell? Circus Maisc had been attacked; and she survived... That’s all that mattered.

”CONFRINGO!” The voice thundered.

She spun on her heel, suddenly nervous. Had he won? She blinked. Green eyes pricked the hands on the clock above her and she scoffed. He...He even beat my time, the bloody b*****d. She gawked, jaw slack and her jealousy pooled like stagnant water under her tongue. Belle scoffed. Just who the hell did he think he was, anyway? A brawl of emotions beseeched her and when the dust had settled, her grin had won. A bare chuckled fluttered through her grinded teeth as she spun, the small waves of her wand banished the broken dummies from the aurors challenge, and the lights flicked off one after the other until darkness fell below her and she could see nothing through the tinted glass.

He was already in the lobby, waiting for her. The cool facade painted her features up like a porcelain doll as she stepped inside the foyer and slid the door behind her to a close. ”There’s something you’re not telling me, isn’t there?” She mused, the suspense dilated in her pupils. You beat my high score, no one’s ever done that before. She’d wanted to instigate, to know why.

It wasn’t like an auror had ever actually ran her challenge before, that she knew of, anyway.

A sly smile stole possesion of her stoic features, she couldn’t resist. ”Y’knooow,” she teased before he could ever interject. The titilating curl of her voice hung in the air to make him wait. ”Before you came in, I was about to close the shop and have a drink at The Hogs Head...You’re welcome to join me, of course,

“I like to get to know my employees before I hire them.”
                      She teased.

Well, if he was going to be better than her at her own job, then dammit, she’s going to lord her ownership status over him as much as utterly possible. Or, at least, whenever her competitive streak starts to flare.

✹✸✷ Blaze of Glory
✹✸✷ Red as Sin
Twenty Years Old 5’7” 139lbs

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:38 pm
User Image

User Image Some moments in life were too sweet not to enjoy. Seeing the sexy blonde saunter toward him with that perfectly assembled set of luscious features. But he knew that underneath all that, she was a combination of irritation, anger and arousal. Maybe he was projecting the last one. But the other two were definitely radiating off of her. Her words were a slow, deliberate, articulately sensual drawl, like velvet against bare flesh. Where had she been hiding all of these years?

Inviting him to the Hog’s Head for drinks. Leo tried to control the size of his smile. Gawking like an idiot just wouldn’t do. He kept it toned down to his usual smug arrogance. It was a comfortable norm. Working as an Auror he was used to being quiet and letting people make assumptions about him rather than give anything away. His dangerous, dark edge had worked for him over the years, keeping him under the radar when he tracked down dark wizards. It was working again. He could see the suspicion in her gaze.

But not fear. A woman so petite and slim, with so much spirit and fire. He enjoyed coloring in his own assumptions about her. Adrenaline still pounded in his veins from the challenge completed, only increasing his inflated ego. Where would the night lead? To a place more interesting than anywhere he’d been in the past year, that was for sure.

She wanted answers about him. Did he really feel like talking about his past? No. Not if he could avoid it. There was no shame in his time as an Auror. The opposite really. But if he told her about that, then she would certainly ask the obvious next question, ‘Why did you quit?/Were you fired?/Did you turn dark wizard?’ or something else similar. And he didn’t feel like talking about the death of his Darius and his wife and how be became the guardian to a young girl and his ideals about raising her. No, he’d rather keep the energy between them just like this.

With a casual indifferent shrug and low chuckle he rumbled, “I’d never keep a lady from her vices. And I certainly am overdue to indulge mine.” his eyes lingered on her as he finished. Her sparkling, challenging eyes, her full lips, that tight little figure. Drawing his gaze back up to her eyes with no apologies, he stepped closer to her.

The smile on his lips was playful, arrogant but not without a certain rakish charm. Holding his arm up for her to take he tipped his head for the door. ”Let’s go. I’d like to know who I’m working under.”

Still your boss, arse. the reasonable side of his brain chided. Walking out, pushing the doors open, the cold night air wrapping around them, he glanced back at her. Beauty with a caustic edge. Champagne with a hit of arsenic. A beautiful riddle and a dangerous puzzle.

But perhaps he was wrong. Maybe he was about to swallow a poison pill for a tease of sweet on his tongue. More danger than delicacy.

His smirk turned back to the dark streets that they walked on their way to the Hog’s Head. It was a night to live dangerously. Fever had touched his skin and he craved the burn.

User Image

Voracious Voxy

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:35 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Ex-Football Player{|}Third Year

The young boy walked into this Dueling center that he oh so happened to come across while roaming the streets of Hogsmeade. He was so happy actually see one in Hogsmeade. Upon seeing it, he knew where he wanted to spend most of his time. He had the money to pay for a lot of things. His family was pretty high class as far as muggles go and Theo's Gringotts vault had quite a bit laying within it, despite how much of a hassle it was to actually get down there and get it. He however did not know if his father would approve of him putting all his chips in Dueling, but he had a passion for it.

"Hello, is anyone here?" he said aloud, wondering if the owner was anywhere around. He certainly hoped so, but he figured whomever it was, they weren't in the front at the moment. Probably doing something with their time he could imagine. He looked around for a bit, looking at all the dummies, and practice equipment and to say he found it refreshing to see someone who took dueling seriously was an understatement.

"Hello...?" he said again, looking over the counter and all around, hoping to find the owner.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:41 pm
All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich

The little white bundle of fluff wiggled and squirmed in her arms, the feline didn't seem to be pleased
                      to be chased out of the store. Lady seemed to have too much fun gallivanting between the stalls
                      and dummies, stake out on the high windows and sprawl about the paperwork on her work desk.
                      The white half kneazle contorted out of her grip and scampered down the hall only to disappear
                      from sight. By then, she heard the call of a young voice echo across the brick walls and twist
                      around the corner where she had stalked her cat. Her heels clicked and her blonde hair bounced
                      into view from the far side of the open lobby. ”Heyo,” she greeted with a rapturous smile. Green
                      eyes fluttered up and down; Belle was curious to see such a young student—no older than second
                      or third year—if she had to guess. He seemed bold, resolute (or perhaps just a tad too cocky and
                      overzealous.) Either way, she was too curious to not instigate.

”Sorry 'bout the wait, can I help you?” Lithe legs strolled diligently towards her front desk, closer
                      to him and toward an adequate position to elaborate on the details of her range if need be. After all,
                      it could be a lot to take on for first timers.

✹✸✷ Blaze of Glory
✹✸✷ Snake Ankle Boots
Twenty-One Years Old 5’7” 139lbs

RedEagleEye007

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:29 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Ex-Football Player{|}Third Year

Theo stayed oblivious to his surroundings as he waited, his stare gazing down at the walls. But soon enough, a voice interrupted that lapse of attention, pulling his eyes to the source of the sudden noise. And upon seeing the source, his jaw wanted to drop, but because of his fear of embarrassment, he restrained himself...well...restrained himself enough to have his expression go unnoticed. His brown eyes, now focusing on the blonde women before him, did not stay off the girl's beautiful, emerald hued eyes. His eyes were unwavering, that is, until the girl spoke, addressing him with a smile.

'She can't be a day over twenty one,' he thought to himself, accidentally creating a silence between his answer to her question. 'What do I say: what do I say?' he asked himself, realizing that he was asking pointless question to the same person who couldn't answer it to begin with. He shook his head a bit to shake his thoughts, but soon enough, he realized that he never did answer the woman's question. "Uhm...yes...sorry...I was just...never mind. Anyway, I've been looking for someone to teach me how to Duel. I've always been good with a wand...I think. But I want to put that to some kind of use. So, what I really am asking, do you offer lessons here of any sort?" he finally asked, beating around the bush quite a bit before cutting to the chase. He didn't want to be like this, but this woman just left him in awe. She had to be able to duel too. That probably was a prerequisite to even work at the Dueling Range. 'Wait does she own this place or is she just a worker? I can't tell,' he thought to himself, breaking his stare to attempt to find something that was on the walls that could possibly answer his question.

As he was looking, he noticed that there was an assortment of doors, all of which definitely led to different places. Naturally, his curiosity wanted to find out what lay behind them, but maybe he should just wait and find out, but unfortunately, his curiosity overpowered his common sense. He looked back at the woman, a curious look on his face. "And if you don't mind me asking, what are behind those doors? There's like six of them. Sorry, my curiosity got the best of me," he said to her, keeping a sheepish smile on his face, hoping he didn't overstep any boundaries. That was the last thing he wanted to do.

"I'm Robin by the way...Robin Gibbs...but I go by Theo," he said to her, introducing himself, feeling as if he was going to plan to be a regular here when school let out. Might as well familiarize himself with the owner or worker...whatever she was.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Annabelle Emery Rich
-----------------------------------------------------------------▶ ▷ ▶ ▷ ▶

User Image

The silence stretched like ribbons of time, needlework hastened to length the blanket that
                            thickened the atmosphere. Annabelle blinked once then twice before she tilted her head to
                            side and cocked a curious brow. Enigmatic emotions riddled on the young boy's features;
                            she couldn't begin to try and discern them. Fear, maybe? Or confusion? Perhaps it was
                            only a bit of apprehension? That little nervous tickle in the back of his throat to invoke such
                            a dwelling silence. Hastily enough, he began, stumbled over words and slighting over his
                            initial thought. She teased the bottom lip with pearly whites out of habit; she couldn't help
                            it when her curiosity began to arouse. Just what was he going to say? She wondered,
                            but thought better than to instigate. ”Ah, well, you're in luck.” Her laughter, though
                            contagious, felt hollow to her heart. She swirled her hand around to gesture to one of the
                            hanging posters on the wall behind her. ”I have the bronze, silver, and gold course,
                            depending on skill level. If you're a third or fourth year, I'd recommend to start
                            with bronze, because the silver lessons cater to spells you probably haven't
                            quite learned yet.”

She gave a sideways glance towards the brick walls and the several doors scattered, some
                            with windows and others labeled in gold scripted writing. ”A curious one, aren't you? The
                            one on the far left leads to the dueling halls for one on one practices, that door's just
                            the utility closet and storage room, the one on the far right leads outside to a fenced
                            in field for one of the courses, and the one beside that is a simulated room for
                            the auror's challenge... And the one behind me, well, that's for classified personnel.”

She gave a little smirk and playful wink. ”Well, Theo, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm
                            Belle, the owner of the range.

“I do have a question of my own though—do you go to the dueling club in school?
                            Is it still going?”

✹✸✷ Blaze of Glory
✹✸✷ Snake Ankle Boots
✹✸✷ 21 Years Old, 5’7”, 139lbs

RedEagleEye007

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:31 am
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Ex-Football Player{|}Third Year

Theo listened to her intently, exceedingly happy to hear that she did offer lessons, but not really being able to voice that happiness, for he was almost at a loss for words by the fact that the beautiful woman had indeed owned the nice little Dueling Range. Not only did it surprise him, but it also made her impression on him even greater. Quite honestly, he secretly hoped that she was the one giving the lessons, because he probably would work considerably harder solely on the fact of his desire to impress her. "Well, sign me up for the Bronze Lessons then. Are the costs hourly, or is it per lesson?" he asked her, a smile on his face, chuckling a bit. It seemed that her laugh provoked the chuckle. He had no idea why, but her smooth laugh seemed to be somewhat contagious for him. It almost reminded him of Alexandra's, but this one had an even greater effect on him.

His eyes kept their gaze on her as she explained what lay behind the doors. And what seemed to be mysterious ended up being pretty self explanatory. He shook his head and chuckled. "I see, I probably should have known that. Not the brightest boy around I guess..." he said to her, freezing a bit as soon as she winked. He was so caught up in it that his breathing stopped for a few seconds. Remember to breath imbecile, he thought to himself, shaking his head slightly. "Belle...that is a nice name. Nice to meet you too." He used the brief silence between them to look around a bit more, taking in consideration what lay behind each door. This really wasn't as small of a place as it appeared at first to him. It actually seemed rather large if what she said laid behind the doors was true. It almost made him wonder how much this place had cost. It had to be a large number, and judging by that alone, she would have to come from a higher class family: right? But then again, maybe there was a loan system like there was in the Muggle world. He didn't know, but he wouldn't ask her any questions like that. Because one, he didn't need to know about that; and two, he didn't know her well enough to even dwell on that subject.

He shook his thoughts before he made a mistake of asking about the subject of them and luckily, as soon as he did, she was asking about the Dueling Club. That definitely means she went to Hogwarts right? Had to be recent. He reasoned with himself in his head, creating yet another brief silence between her question and his answer. He really didn't mean to do this to her, but he for whatever reason didn't exude the confidence that he usually did. But he of course, did not keep her waiting for too long before answering. "Why yes...yes it is. And I am actually in the club too. I like it. The membership...or at least...the attendance isn't really high, but it's good practice I guess," he said to her, answering it as bluntly as his talkative self could narrow it down to. "It seems to have been going on for a little while...speaking that it must've been going when you were in Hogwarts. That obviously wasn't too long ago though," he said, judging the girl's age to be somewhere below twenty-four. She couldn't be a day over that...unless she aged extremely well, which very well could be the case.

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:34 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTheo Gibbs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGryffindor Fourth Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo walked into the range, hoping that Belle was up to give him a lesson today. He was sure that she would be in the store, but whether or not she was up to teach him was questionable, but if she was not up for it, surely he would still practice in the range. He planned on becoming a regular here, mainly because now that he was not able to play football, he aspired to be a dueler...and a good one at that. He wanted nothing more at that moment and he would train to be the best he could be. Ever since school had let out...all he had been thinking about was dueling again. His passions burned for it...desired it so much that it almost drove him crazy, which was what brought him into Belle's range that day. He had his father get him there as quickly as possible, flying him on a private jet just to get to Scotland. It was a plane from work of course, one that was already going to somewhere in Scotland, but his father's superiors obviously didn't care if Theo hitched along...well unless his father was the superior. He didn't know, but he didn't think too much on the matters. He just knew that he was here in Hogsmeade after going through a lot just to get through Scotland to get there.

"Belle...you here?" he asked, informally greeting the woman, mainly because his voice was recognizable and he had already formally met the girl before. Then again, she probably saw many customers; so he truly wasn't sure if she would remember him or not. He would feel awfully embarrassed if she didn't and actually would feel ecstatic if she did, just because she was definitely his definition of a beauty...by every meaning of the word. Dueler...beautiful...seemingly nice...perfect...those were the words he would use to describe the girl from what little he knew about her. But, he was only fourteen and that's just about all he could do...describe her. He figured it was typical for a fourteen yet old to have a crush on such a woman...just like how he had overheard some of the school boys talking about the professors, he would speak of what...his dueling instructor? Sounded different of course, but it was the truth.

He awaited towards the counter area, taking another look around...remembering everything Belle had told him about the place.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

Essy ze Ninja

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:46 am

Annabelle Emery Rich
User Image

Annabelle had been just upstairs in her little loft when she heard the chime of a bell in her
                            kitchen enchanted to ring whenever the bell above the shop door had been rung. She
                            popped her head out of the refrigerator, snatched the first piece of fruit and rushed down
                            the stairwell, then through a door that led into the classified personnel corridor and
                            bounced past one last door into the lobby of the dueling range. A soft, fuzzy peach was
                            clenched between her teeth and a dribble of juice slid down her chin. ”Oh—“ Belle
                            fumbled to close the door behind her with the hand that held her wand while the other
                            seized hold of the peach. ”Theo, hey.” Belle seemed a bit surprised. Had she really
                            forgotten to change the sign on the door for her lunch break? 'I must be losing my mind,'
                            she thought to herself with a subtle shake of her head.

”You here for another round of lessons, or the practice dummy this time?” She
                            offered curiously, ripped another bite out of her snack and wiped the back of her hand
                            against her chin to clean away the sticky nectar. She could never be too sure, after all.
                            It could get boring doing the same thing over and over, she supposed. ”So how's your
                            summer been mate?”
                            She glanced about the shop, Darius was bound to be lurking
                            about unless he disappeared somewhere. She could never really be sure with him...

”Staying out of trouble, I hope?” She teased. It wasn't like she was being serious
                            (or had any room to talk, anyway.)

XxXxXXx✹✸✷ Blaze of Glory
                                          XxXxXXx✹✸✷ Red High Heels
                                          XxXxXXx✹✸✷ 22 Years Old, 5’7”, 139lbs

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:18 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTheo Gibbs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGryffindor Fourth Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo stood there for a few seconds, noticing as a familiar woman walked through the door that was supposed to lead to the personnel room, holding a rather plump and fuzzy peach in one hand and her wand in the other. She looked surprised to see him and Theo couldn't imagine why, unless that peach was her lunch. It was around twelve, but he wasn't too sure if that was the reason. "Oh, I'm sorry. Am I interrupting something?" he said to the woman, watching as she wiped the juice of the peach from her chin with the back of her hand, which made him chuckle a bit...just out of nature of course. "And if you are up for lessons that would be great and if not...the dummies will do," he said to her, a small smile on his face, slightly happy that she did recognize him. He was a regular though...so he expected as much after thinking about it earlier.

"And my summer's been boring to be honest. Cooped up in my room all day because there's nothing to do. My adoptive parents are both muggles so they don't necessarily make regular trips to Diagon or Hogsmeade. It was a pain even getting here to be honest," he said to the woman, shrugging his shoulder a bit and laughing. "How has yours been?" he returned, figuring it courteous to return the same question.

"I wish I could get into some trouble...need the excitement," he said to her, chuckling again. The fact that he wanted to get into some trouble really showed how his summer has been on its own. He really hated summer now because he didn't have football to go play everyday to occupy his time. It wasn't very lucky that he invested his whole life to football, yet had his dreams ripped away from him by the very thing that made him special. He really got to think over the summer however, and had been able to get over the whole football thing. He also was starting to embrace his powers a little bit.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

Essy ze Ninja

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:11 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

House: Gryffindor{|}Dueler{|}Fifth Year

Theo walked into the Dueling Range, looking around at the place he became pretty familiar with. He was here because Alexandria asked if he had wanted to spar and truthfully...that was an offer he couldn't refuse. He would inquire from Belle if they truly were allowed to do that or not, but he most certainly hoped they were. Despite this, he looked for the girl and upon seeing her, he started talking.

"Hey Belle, are younger students allowed to one on one duel around here? Was just wondering because I have a friend who wants to try their hand against me. Nothing too much I suppose, but I guess I figured I should definitely ask, because if not, I'll have to find something to do between the times that she gets here and now," he said, laughing a bit as he awaited some kind of answer. She was a great teacher for the most part, but he wasn't sure if she would allow younger students to do such a thing. It really was a fifty-fifty shot in asking.

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:19 pm
User Image
                                                    I'm waking up to ash and dust
                                                    I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust
                                                    I'm breathing in the chemicals

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

$lутнёґїп Alцмпї || HalfЬlооd || Hїт Шїzaяd

════════════════════════

Darius walked into the duelling range, having not been in the building since he moved to Edinburgh. He blinked as he saw the younger kid in the shop and decided to cross his arms and lean against the counter of the shop, watching the scene. He'd decided to visit, and since becoming a Hit Wizard, he hadn't had much of a break. Not with training and such, and then there was the obvious paperwork associated with the job. His green eyes looked over the shop, thinking that he could probably wait all day since he wasn't busy. Then again, not being busy was kind of a luxury right now.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Hrm, what's Belle been up to?
                                                    OOC: ...

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I raise my flags, don my clothes
                                                    It's a revolution, I suppose
                                                    We'll paint it red to fit right in

Essy ze Ninja

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:03 pm

Annabelle Emery Rich

User Image

[Summer of 2027]

Vivacious blue boots criss-crossed on the oak desk centered in the lobby, reclined backwards in a leather chair Annabelle filed her red pointed nails to a sharpened tip. A gentle blow puffed the dust from her fingertips as she held up her hand to admire her handiwork. She could have used her wand, after all, the severing charm could be quite versatile with the right mind, but sometimes it was nice to remind herself she was still human. The chime of a bell rung above the doorway and snapped her from reverie, it's echoing high pitch hadn't even quelled before it began again. ”Theo, what a pleasant surprise,” she greeted him earnestly. As far as she recalled, he wasn't a seventh year yet. Or was he? Shortly trailing behind him had been Darius, whom she greeted with a toothy smile as he settled quietly against one end of her desk. Heels clacked and scraped against the floor as she straightened her posture, bright eyes marveling. ”Oooooh,” she mumbled under her breath, leaned against her desk and breathed in a sharp pitch of whistling air. ”I dun' know about that one mate, I mean, 'suppose I could get in a lot of trouble if the ministry catches me.” She, of course, omitted the fact that her cousin was the Head of Improper Use of Magic, and she knew she could count on her darling cousin to turn a blind eye—or three.

”Suppose it's better you do it here than out there in the big, bad world, huh?” She teased. Then tossed a coy glance at her fellow Slytherin and leaned forward on her desk, a brow cocked daringly. ”What do you think, Darius? Think I ought to let him and his mate practice?” She already knew her answer. She didn't know why she was dragging her stoic friend into this, maybe as payback for not visiting sooner now that he'd moved out and become some hot shot Hit Wizard. Regardless of his answer, she trained her sights on the younger Gryffindor and nodded her head facetiously. ”Oh, 'course I'll let you two! Pfft, Merlin, like I care. Just don't go 'round telling everyone, got it?”

Belle paused, shifted her attention back to her old friend, propped her elbow on her desk and settled her chin against her closed fist. ”So what brings you here, hm? Need to let off some steam? Or are you finally going to let me throw you that home warming party?” She didn't care how long it's been, she would never let him forget refusing her. (But really, it wasn't like she expected him to agree!)

✹✸✷ Blaze of Glory
                                      ✹✸✷ Cashmere Beanie
                                      ✹✸✷ 23 Years Old, 5’7”, 132lbs

Diamond Wales
RedEagleEye007

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash