Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
In Need of Dating Advice...Sorry Girls...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YEETED INTO THE ABYSS

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:34 pm
I'm sorry. I'm never really one to vent or look for advice...it's just that I'm not all that experience with relationships. Also, my family is filled up of people who have no idea how to run a proper relationship or to have an open mind. My step mom is stubborn on the idea that my boyfriend would replace me for a girl with looks and no personality in an instant, so she's obviously no real help.

Right, onto the issue. I'm sorry if you're reading this. I find it hard to talk to others in my life about issues like this because they won't be patient enough to listen to the entire story. So I have been in a relationship with my best friend since February 8th (he believes it's the 10th that's our anniversary, but since he always says stuff on the supposed anniversary, I'm okay with it). I've known him since my freshman year, and we had a lot of interesting coincidental paths, which is funny considering we were raised in completely different towns and counties. His dad is best friends with my dad's supervisor at work. His mom worked with my grandma. His brother is friends with my long time friend. We were both members of the same clubs. A lot of freaky, fate-like stuff. I don't believe in fate, though, so I prefer to say "coincidence."

I kinda also have this thing. For one reason or another, people cannot lie to me and get away with it. I just...know somehow. It's more effective with people I know closely, but yeah. So I first found out that he liked me in my freshman year when he told my friend with me in the room (but he didn't see me). However, I still had a lot of personal problems, and he was still nervous about it, so nothing happened that year.

Sophomore year came about and he asked me out the day after 9/11/12. I didn't realize it because of the way he worded it, so I said yes. Then, after a while, it hit me, and I became more shy around him. He was also nervous since he was only in long-distance relationships, so we quickly split up. We were still really good friends. We got to know each other better, became closer, and got back together.

Ever since, it has been smooth sailing. I met his parents. He got to know my family better. He introduced me to his internet friends on FB. I let him come closer to understanding how my brain works. Everything is great. He became my first kiss, too, as well as the first boy that I loved. I know this might be a simple high school sweetheart thing, but he already seems to have his mind set on marrying me...or at least to wait until marriage before, eh, stuff. But overall, this may sound cheesy, but we kinda do fit for each other. I admire his courage to always establish his opinion and philosophy (he wants to be a philosopher) and he finds my spazzy personality as cute. Though a lot of people just see him as ignorant and me as socially awkward.

The problem comes here. He decided to go on a trip to Europe with my teacher as a school trip. He ended up being the only student going. The only thing that scared me was the fact that my teacher's daughter, a freshman girl who has a pretty face, was going too. I'm not normally a jealous person. His mom, brother, and me drove him to the airport to see him off, and that was that. I'd see him July 2nd.

Before he left, he asked me to keep in touch with his friends online. I, being a rather easy to please type of girl, agreed. I then began to talk to his friends. The thing: all but one were girls. I saw no problem in it, except for two of them were his long-distanced exes. At least I think two. One says she had a "one night fling" which probably meant wither with him on the chat or his RPC with the same name as him. The other I know for sure because, when I first met him, he said he had an ex named..."Teto" for privacy sake. I talked to them. The "one night fling" girl was obviously just that, considering she wasn't the type he was into. As for his ex, she was like me but also very different from me in extreme aspects. Like how she is more confident, loves yaoi, can be rude unintentionally (she burned my favorite manga), and is a very scary fangirl. She's nice, though. But she doesn't properly take suit of "I'm his girlfriend now, so I get first dibs on hugging him" stuff. I'm a more tolerant individual, luckily, so I don't really say anything about it, or the fact that she tried to ask him out when she knew I was dating him (before I joined their little group).

Getting over exes, I should get to my problem in a more specific manner. After a lot of talking to his "friends" and hearing a lot from my family, would it be possible that he would want to dump me after returning? Maye I've just been hearing too much negative remarks from my step mom? Should I be worried about Teto's closeness to my boyfriend? I'm sorry girls, but I just feel a little lost lately, and especially now that he's coming back in a few days. I'm just hoping for an honest opinion...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:52 am
I honestly think you're being ridiculous. If you two are really as perfect for each other as you say, then why are so so worried? You obviously don't have enough faith in him, and that's sad. You need to trust him and learn to have faith in your relationship. Otherwise it's never going to work.  

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:18 am
girl, i have the same problem. lol
but, basically, i am the jealous type of girlfriend and no matter how hard my boyfriend tries to keep the fact that he doesn't even think about his exes, or even converse with them or acknowledge them, i don't trust him easily.

i mean, it is not like i don't love him-- trust me, i do-- but, i just get paranoid. ya know?

ANYWAY, trust and communication is always key to a successful relationship. so, do a lot of both and you two will work out fine.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:05 am
I think much of this stems from you not really trusting him. I understand your stepmother and his ex's actions instilling doubt in you, but you must give this guy the trust your relationship deserves. Unless he's done something himself to make you distrust him, you have to have faith in him. The only advice I can give is that you wait for him to return and ask to talk to him about your feelings. You can talk to him about how that ex makes you feel and see what he has to say about her, but other than that, you just have to believe in him. It's tough, but he deserves your trust and to at least be heard out if he has anything to say on the subject. Don't count him out yet, wondering if he'll run to the next pretty face he sees. Plus being worried is just going to stress you out, you really don't need that.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:45 am
I think that the only way for you to feel better will be to talk to your boyfriend. Ask him about "Teto" and if he really understands how you feel, maybe ask him to lay down some boundaries with her. Have him explain to her that you are his girlfriend and that some behavior from her is inappropriate. It may be jealousy, but when you're in a relationship you do have to put up boundaries with friends that treat you that way, or treat your significant other that way.
I don't think he's going to dump you. That sounds like you've been influenced by some unreliable sources. I disagree with some of the girls above saying that you're just having trouble trusting him. Most people have worries like this, and it's not always because of trust. Sometimes it's self esteem, and sometimes it's others' influence (what I think is your case). Again, just talk to him. Explain your worries, explain what's been happening since he left, and most likely he'll tell you that he doesn't want to dump you and you can move on.
Good luck!

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff