Submit

SoGummylicious

Lonely Member

12,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:18 am
I get I look young and am short, but it really annoys me when I get asked this. What do I have to do? Wear tighter shirts to just get my 32 c's showing grabbing attention, making me wanna tip and fall in a hole and never be able to come out? or stay with my "childish" looking clothing aka a loose t-shirt with funny things on it and denim skinny jeans?(and yes when I wear those "outfits"(T-shirt & jeans) I end up looking 11) Ugh, why cant there be like a scanner once you walk in the restaurant and it gives them a card telling them, "this is not a kid do not ask if they need a children's menu". Does anyone else experience this crappy situation? I also do not feel comfortable wearing clothing that is just going to expose my chest to where I have to cross my arms because I'm scared some creepy a** man or WOMAN is going to be jabbing their eyes at me like, "holy s**t girl wear more clothes" "holy s**t one tiny body and two big jugs" "is that a 12 yr old with huge boobs or is she older than that??" Idk anyone? anyone?!?!? ahhh I hope im not the only one who gets anxiety when wearing clothes that will do those things!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:26 am
Most people I know actually like it. Just politely tell them no when they offer it, and that should be the end of it. You can also get the same clothes in your size for going out to eat. Nothing oversized.
Or you can stop letting other people's judgements bother you. To me, it means that you do not like your own body, so if you can like your own body, then their judgements will bother you less and less until no more. Then the whole kid's menu thing will seem funny.
I know places where the kid's menu is really good, though. emotion_drool

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SoGummylicious

Lonely Member

12,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:31 am
Serah of Silence
Most people I know actually like it. Just politely tell them no when they offer it, and that should be the end of it. You can also get the same clothes in your size for going out to eat. Nothing oversized.
Or you can stop letting other people's judgements bother you. To me, it means that you do not like your own body, so if you can like your own body, then their judgements will bother you less and less until no more. Then the whole kid's menu thing will seem funny.

True that some places are good for that. Not that I hate my body I just have anxiety and from past people who judged me I feel like thats what people do once I step out of the house so yeah.. it could affect me I guess, and don't worry when they ask I say no thanks not that I'd be like, "WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:01 pm
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence

True that some places are good for that. Not that I hate my body I just have anxiety and from past people who judged me I feel like thats what people do once I step out of the house so yeah.. it could affect me I guess, and don't worry when they ask I say no thanks not that I'd be like, "WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" rofl
Is there anything to help with the anxiety? I think that might be the major root of the problem, if not the root.
People who judge quickly are missing out, their loss. talk2hand

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SoGummylicious

Lonely Member

12,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:20 pm
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence

Is there anything to help with the anxiety? I think that might be the major root of the problem, if not the root.
Well my counselor says its just a fly and i have to swat it but sometimes it really gets annoying to where i cant deal with it but y'know i cant worry too much about it i guess cause its summer and i don't care as much cause people are going to forget quickly.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:54 pm
I was eight, if that, when they stopped asking me. My parents had to request it for me cat_gonk
Being tall has its downsides  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:58 pm
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence

Well my counselor says its just a fly and i have to swat it but sometimes it really gets annoying to where i cant deal with it but y'know i cant worry too much about it i guess cause its summer and i don't care as much cause people are going to forget quickly.
Dealing with it is different for everyone. You might not do your best with the fly thing. For me, I had to find what was negative and make it positive. Aim still scared of nearly everything, but it is nowhere near as bad, so I can function normally now...more or less. I still have my bad days.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:06 pm
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence

Dealing with it is different for everyone. You might not do your best with the fly thing. For me, I had to find what was negative and make it positive. Aim still scared of nearly everything, but it is nowhere near as bad, so I can function normally now...more or less. I still have my bad days.
Hm I guess i do hate how i look young and people get mixed up and treat me as a kid but oh well people say i wont regret looking young at 30. I hate how anxiety has to be a part of life sad  

SoGummylicious

Lonely Member

12,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:23 pm
I cannot recall if I have actually been offered a kid's menu when I was too old or not. I'm fairly tall so maybe to some people tall = older? I dunno. -_- That would be ridiculous if that was the case.

I have had people think I was way younger than I actually was. I know that when my husband and I were boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and he had a picture of us up on his Facebook page - a bunch of people were getting onto him because they thought I was jailbait and they were asking him how old I was. I was over 18 and people kept telling him, "Jailbait!" and kept saying he's, "A cradle robber." We've been married a few years and once in a while we still get that. I can't help that I look young Dx

Although, now a days - I push it behind me. When I hear someone call me jailbait or my husband a cradle robber, I ignore it and he ignores it or I make a joke about me looking young even though I'm over 20. Sometimes if I say, "Yeah, a lot of people think that," I think they feel a bit stupid about it. If someone asked me if I wanted a kid's menu I would say kindly say, "No thank you." or if they push the kid's menu thing on you say, "I'm too old to order off the kid's menu." or something and after a point - I would ask to speak to their manager.

It's good that you choose to dress modestly smile that's always a good thing. You definitely have good reason's for dressing modestly so continue to do so. Try not to let it bother you much - be confident in who you are!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:20 pm
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence

Hm I guess i do hate how i look young and people get mixed up and treat me as a kid but oh well people say i wont regret looking young at 30. I hate how anxiety has to be a part of life sad
Do you wear makeup? If you do it right, you can make people think that you are your age, and not offer a kid's menu. That might help.  

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SoGummylicious

Lonely Member

12,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:25 pm
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
Do you wear makeup? If you do it right, you can make people think that you are your age, and not offer a kid's menu. That might help.
Sometime I do sometimes I dont either way if I wear or do not wear I'm still going to be seen as an 11 yr old. I think if i choose clothing that is more fashionable they will see me as an older person but i dont wanna go out of my way to do that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:26 pm
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
Sometime I do sometimes I dont either way if I wear or do not wear I'm still going to be seen as an 11 yr old. I think if i choose clothing that is more fashionable they will see me as an older person but i dont wanna go out of my way to do that.
Makes me wonder how many are actually jealous because you look so young.  

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SoGummylicious

Lonely Member

12,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:25 pm
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
I kinda wonder that too now you mention it i see people just judging me...that counts as jealousy right?? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:28 pm
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
I kinda wonder that too now you mention it i see people just judging me...that counts as jealousy right?? sweatdrop
One thing I have noticed is that around here at least, those quick to judge before they know something/someone are jealous of them because they have the qualities the jealous one does not.
So, for example, one girl is jealous of another girl's friends, so she labels the girl something she is not. People might be jealous of your youthful appearance, and so think that you are that young, even if you are not.
Jealousy is strange.

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SoGummylicious

Lonely Member

12,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:34 pm
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
SoGummylicious
Serah of Silence
One thing I have noticed is that around here at least, those quick to judge before they know something/someone are jealous of them because they have the qualities the jealous one does not.
So, for example, one girl is jealous of another girl's friends, so she labels the girl something she is not. People might be jealous of your youthful appearance, and so think that you are that young, even if you are not.
Jealousy is strange.
It is strange.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas