Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
about a boy. kinda urget.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxPEACHFUZZ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:27 am
hi girls c: so, obviously, im in need of advice. im going to go on for a bit, so im sorry. if you stick through all this and want to give me advice, you're an angel, and thank you!

so. theres this guy. he's a year older than me, and he's a black belt at the dojung i train at. ive known him for about three years, and ive been so head over heels for him ever since we met. we get along really well, and we talk all the time. we know each other pretty well too; what our favorite music is, favorite food, what we want to do in life, what our fears are, what our beliefs are, ect. we also have a lot of the same friends in common, and we both get along well with them. recently, things have gotten a bit different. we have started talking more than we already have been, and he's been a lot more sweet with his words. the other day he asked me to hang out with him one on one and go to a carnival with him. (my friend told me because it wasn't a night time thing it wasn't a date?) i already had something important to do that day, and we couldnt work out another day that worked for both of us so it never really happened. and then two days ago, i asked him if he wanted to go watch the fireworks with me (just the two of us), and he said he would but he was going to be out of town that day. so that didn't happen either. my first question is: did these plans count as us asking each other out on dates? i think so, but no one else seems to think so.

he wants to be a priest. which means he cant ever date or get married. im not saying im planning that far ahead, but he told be about a year ago he wasnt sure if he ever wanted to date anyone before becoming a priest. so im confused now as to what's going on. i dont know if i should go ahead and tell him i want to go out on a proper date with him or if it might make our friendship more uncomfortable because i misunderstood something. on the in addition, he only has a year until he graduates and im not sure if its even worth pursuing. but i want to.

i literally just dont know what to do.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:13 pm
just a heads up that I might not be /that/ helpful, but here's me trying anyway:

So the whole "does this count as asking each other out" thing, I really think this could go either way.
One of my friends once told me "if a guy buys you food or pays for anything, it's a date".
It kinda made me laugh (I don't follow it but yeah).
To be honest in my mind I've never really been on a date. I mean I have spent lots of one-on-one time with my guy friends, but to my mind I had not been on a date with any of them (I cam to find out back in April that one of my guy friends count it differently, he knew when he met me that I had never been on a date/kissed/had a boyfriend, and one night we were having a conversation about someone vs me and he said "well at least you've been on a proper date!).

Sorry, I am rambling.

My point here is that this is kind of a gray area.
But also you /can/ spend one-on-one time with a guy friend and have it not be a date.
I think that you should find time to hang out with just him and just see where it goes.

At the very least I am sure that you'll make some killer memories <3

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers