Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
ADVICE PLEASE

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iz-a-good-Kitty-Kitty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:18 pm
what do I do with a grandma living with dementia she is very confused and I don't know what to do she keeps saying she hates me crying its so sad I don't know what to do I lke being around her anymore because she scares me now I miss my grandma I want my old grandma back she has no idea who I am or why she's leaving here with me and my mom her daughter its horrible does anyone have advice on what I can do??????  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:25 pm
Iz-a-good-Kitty-Kitty
what do I do with a grandma living with dementia she is very confused and I don't know what to do she keeps saying she hates me crying its so sad I don't know what to do I lke being around her anymore because she scares me now I miss my grandma I want my old grandma back she has no idea who I am or why she's leaving here with me and my mom her daughter its horrible does anyone have advice on what I can do??????

Try to not feel sad everytime your grandma says she hates you etc... You know she has dementia, and don't remember you. So what she says ... isn't really true because she forgot about you and has dementia...

You can try to talk to your mom about your feelings, maybe she can give you support and find a solution together.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Iz-a-good-Kitty-Kitty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:30 pm
XxAriaxX
Iz-a-good-Kitty-Kitty

Try to not feel sad everytime your grandma says she hates you etc... You know she has dementia, and don't remember you. So what she says ... isn't really true because she forgot about you and has dementia...

You can try to talk to your mom about your feelings, maybe she can give you support and find a solution together.

my mom is no help  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:53 pm

There should be a helpline you can call in your country and there are countless internet
chat groups/rooms where you could find other people in the same position who could offer advice.

Clasela
Crew

TEWG

Destructive Mage

15,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:53 am
I agree with the person above.
There may be a better forum for this kind of thing.

I guess all I can say is be kind.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:54 pm
I know this might not be much help but be encouraging to your grandama and when she says she hates you just tell her you love her. She may be scary but if you use a calm voice and tone she may not lash out as much; she doesn't remember and she could be lashing out due to that. I would advise looking into support groups and hotline help.  

reiane

Fashionable Seeker

13,650 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:26 pm
♭♮♯
Sleeping wonder lies to me, and the lies are sweet.

I know exactly what you're going through. My grandma moved in with my family when she was diagnosed and she couldn't even remember who I was. She accused me of stealing everything she owned and would sneak into my room to take things back that were actually mine. In the end, I had to start making light of the situation. If she wore something of mine, I would laugh about it. If she started accusing me of stealing her things, I would laugh about how ridiculous it was.
It's hard, I know, to see someone close to you lose their mind. Unfortunately, your grandmother won't magically get better one day. There will be good days where she'll remember who you are and will say she loves you, and cherish those days. Use those days to drop everything and spend time with her while you can. Then on the bad days, distance yourself. Trying to talk to her will only make her more upset, which will hurt you even more. If she starts getting angry with you, leave her. Make sure you're completely out of her sight, hearing, and mind. It'll make the bad days easier if she sees you less at her angriest, because then she won't be as angry with you later.
I'm really sorry that you're having to go through this. Nobody should be burdened with this kind of experience, and yet so many people are.

♩♪♫♬
Music is sung with simple words, and simple words can save the world.

♯♮♭

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff