Reply Feedback Forum
[Q] Rehoming Contests?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

THE Jehan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:49 am
So, lately Ive been in the process of rehoming my pets from BC shops, as Im pretty much done with Gaia. I just dont have the time, you know? But I dont want my hard-earned, well-loved pets gathering dust for all of eternity.

Soq is one of the last ones on my list. However, when I looked through the contest and gaming glen, all I saw mentioned were baskets.
Am I allowed to rehome my old soquili myself? If so, do I have to just send the username and the reason why to someone/post it somewhere? Or can I hold a contest like I have for other shops?

I mean, at the end of the day, I really would like to have a say in who they go to. There was a time where I loved and RPed my soq a lot. It would be nice closure for me, I guess.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:11 am
There have been some contests held in the past in the gaming glen for rehoming or co-ownership of soquili - it just doesn't happen as frequently as with baskets (and after the contests have been over for a bit, the threads are archived so as to keep the guild less cluttered). In general, you just need approval from a staffer before making a thread in there.

If you decide to just pick a person to give them to, there is the co-ownership agreement thread, which is also used to give full ownership of a soquili to another person:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22748047  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:12 am
There have been contests people held to find co-owners for their Soqs, so I imagine rehoming events won't be an issue as long as your not asking for money/items/etc. in return, though I would check with staffers first. If you give ownership of a Soq to someone you post it here stating you're giving full ownership of the Soq[the cert of soq would be in the post or linked to in post] to so and so, and they come quote the post and agree to it. You do that also after you've selected your winners of them if you are able to hold a contest. I don't think there'd be an issue since people from time to time hold contests to find co-owners. But again I'd double check with staff. <3

Edit: Sabin beat me to it xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:23 am
Actually I don't know if that's accurate Sabin and pippi. There have been contests for co-ownerships before, but as the rules currently stand, rehoming contests are forbidden for non-basket Soquili.

I would definitely bring that staff as I agree with you - they are your Soquili and you should be able to have a say in where they go.

I know most of the time people just ...choose the owners (friends or such) but I don't really understand why contests/games aren't allowed.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:11 am
I want to say those rules might be outdated. I'm not 100% sure, but I think LunaRei had a contest in order to re-home 2 of her Soquili to newbies. I'd look for it, but I don't remember how far back it was.

Best way is to contact the Soquili mule and ask since I can't say this is a 100% sure answer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:40 am
I am not sure about the rules on that, but if it does end up being that you can't have a contest for that... you could look through basket contests for people who are looking for soq to RP as a pontential outlet for active people.  

slimycrow

Original Codger

THE Jehan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:07 am
Hm. Thanks for all the feedback, guys.
I'll definitely be sending something to the mule then. xD

And that's actually a very good idea, slimycrow. There are also people Ive rehomed to in other shops who I know RP, so I guess I can pull from there just in case.

Again, thanks everyone!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:39 am
slimycrow
I am not sure about the rules on that, but if it does end up being that you can't have a contest for that... you could look through basket contests for people who are looking for soq to RP as a pontential outlet for active people.

Best answer, IMO...

So many people enter those RP contests, with very few rewards (For obvious reasons)... I would look at those entries, and use that info to help make your decisions.  

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:42 am
THE Jehan
Hm. Thanks for all the feedback, guys.
I'll definitely be sending something to the mule then. xD

And that's actually a very good idea, slimycrow. There are also people Ive rehomed to in other shops who I know RP, so I guess I can pull from there just in case.

Again, thanks everyone!

Goodluck <3! Sorry to see you go but I hope everything goes ok biggrin <3  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:27 pm
Thanks! It's all good, I'm just busy with my job and university.

And after thinking about it, I think I'm actually just gonna go sniff out some Soq newbies and rehome them that way to make less hassle for the staff.
Again, thanks for everyone's help! I'll definitely miss the community here.

Be nice to the newbies coming your way!  

THE Jehan

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:17 pm
Without stirring up to much trouble... Is there a particular reason behind this rule, and is it something that could be looked at a modified?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:13 pm
Looneytaz82
Without stirring up to much trouble... Is there a particular reason behind this rule, and is it something that could be looked at a modified?

^I would kind of agree with this. What harm is there in holding contests to rehome your pets? It is always nice to see people giving them to friends but how about spreading the love a little bit?  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:23 pm
I third the motion. As long as you're not selling them or something, I think you should be able to hold contests and/or raffles to rehome ponies.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:39 pm

I went ahead and created a suggestion thread ( I assume that is kinda required?!?) for the idea here. Feel free to vote and add feedback.

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items