Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Awkward Living Situation Please Pray

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CheyenneServant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:09 pm
I am 18 next month and my mother and I have lived for the last 6 years with my sister and her husband. My mother is handicapped and that is why we live with them in their house.
My sister and her husband make living here awkward.
They avoid us all the time. They don't invite us to eat with them, they go days without making small talk to us. My mother and I just keep to ourselves. It's difficult living this way since we can't leave the house because mother is handicapped and needs me there with her almost always. That is why we spend most of our time at home.
Please pray that this situation improves.
My mother and I do buy a lot of food for the house, pay rent, let them use her car and I babysit whenever they need me, no charge.
Please pray that God helps us out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:36 pm
This might be a bit bold, but I will say it. Your sister and her husband who are married took in your mother who is handicapped as well as you. This is a lot of stress on a married couple whether they are newly weds or have been married many years, and you mention that you babysit when they need it so they have kids on top of that. A married couple is generally expected to have their own house, and to keeping their married life in check as well as spend quality time with the kids. It may be difficult for a married couple to say that they have their "mother/mother-in-law" living with them because they don't want to be criticized. It can be difficult when a married couple takes in people to live with them, even if it is to help somebody else because at times they don't get as much quality time alone together as they would like. Try not to be offended by their behavior - they are a married couple and the Bible does say that a man leaves his father and mother to be united with his wife (Ephesians 5:31, Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:5). This situation is probably stressful on them especially if they can't have their friends over to the house, have as much private time as they would like, feel they aren't able to talk about personal matters without others overhearing, raising their children, or are having trouble with their own personal finances (e.g. house payments, health insurance, credit cards, etc). If you can, step inside their shoes and try to understand how they may be feeling having their mother/mother-in-law and you living with them and their children. It is exceedingly kind that they, as a married couple, with children have taken you and your mother in.

Sure, the situation may be awkward because it's stressful on everybody and you all probably deal with that in your own ways. It's not easy for a married couple to have people living with them and for people to live with a married couple. Try to keep a good, positive spirit about you and be kind to them. If your sister and her husband are headed out make sure you say, "Bye!" and when they get home, say, "Hi!"/"How was your outing?"/"Welcome back!" Little things like that if you don't do them already.

I will be praying for you and your current living situation.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

CheyenneServant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:06 am
Thank you, I had not seen it quite like that.
I thought they would be more open to having us live with them since we buy more than half the food, pay rent, and other things like that, but thank you for telling me, I see things in a new light.  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games