Submit

Should we have a single breeding form?
Yes
92%
 92%  [ 50 ]
No
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
I have my own thoughts on this (Post them)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 54

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:41 am
I just took a few moments to look over some of the recent breedings, going back to the Feb mixers (which I did NOT include), and looked at forms for Heart, Mindsend, DD, Bee, and Riri. To be honest, the forms do differ, however for the MAJORITY of the forms, it is simple placement. All 5 colorists have the same information, just in a different order. I have ALWAYS used the same form, and so long as it contains the same information, I don't see any colorists stipulating to use their form.

I did however find that DD's form made use of an "unedit' and "RP Qualified" area, Riri had all of that stipulated under the LL section, and the remainder of the colorists did not have them listed at all.

My solution is to make the LL, RP, and Unedit as optional add-ons to the form. That way, if time prevents you from spending the 5-10 minutes to fill out those optional areas, you have all of the information on the form. if you qualify for any special lists, you should at least find 5-10 minutes to fill out that section of the form.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:25 am
I don't have any problem with the headers, those make sense especially with the multiple lists; its the hopping up and down forms to find information that is in a very different order on one form than another.

Wouldn't it be easier for everyone if the forms were the same? Then both customers and colorists would know where the information is because its always in the same spot. Sure there may be a few lines of information that are not needed in every opening, like LL or RP, but the information that IS needed would be there. I know it would be easier as a customer to just copy/paste the forms from the MCCL and take out the colorist preference line which is at the end of the form anyway and just add the headers indicated by the colorist.  

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:08 pm
Tygress Dream
I don't have any problem with the headers, those make sense especially with the multiple lists; its the hopping up and down forms to find information that is in a very different order on one form than another.

Wouldn't it be easier for everyone if the forms were the same? Then both customers and colorists would know where the information is because its always in the same spot. Sure there may be a few lines of information that are not needed in every opening, like LL or RP, but the information that IS needed would be there. I know it would be easier as a customer to just copy/paste the forms from the MCCL and take out the colorist preference line which is at the end of the form anyway and just add the headers indicated by the colorist.

^ This. I don't see a problem with there being "extra" information on the forms if they don't apply to that particular breeding raffle. After all, I'd rather spend 20 minutes perfecting one form that I would use for every raffle, than 5-10 minutes each time to re-gather all the information and make sure your form matches exactly.

AND, if there's a universal form, then the colorists also wouldn't have spend the time checking each form to make sure the relevant information is included (and if it's not, then the oops is on the customer, not the colorist).

And I don't think the cut-and-paste headers are a problem for anyone, especially if they make it easier for the colorists as well. heart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:16 am
This is a pretty smart idea or so it seems like it to me. It is three a.m. though and I could just be getting sleepy but I really think this is a useful idea. Most of the time, the forms do have the same info though with some optional extra info added in now and then. It would make things easier for everyone involved?  

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash