Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:33 am
User Image User Image

Hello ladies~!

Okay, so I'm a big fan of RPGs. I just love them!! I've been playing Pokemon a lot recently, and somehow, I now miss other games out there. The thing is, I don't know what to get.

So. I'd love to hear your suggestions on what game I should go for the next time I buy. Them game pack are expensive so I want something that I will enjoy. The thing is, I'm very picky when it comes to games. For one, I love very good graphics, like in Pokemon or Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. Actually, that's number 1 in my criteria. If it doesn't have cool graphics, I stop playing it.

I also like real time battling, like in Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles or Summon Night.... although I don't mind turn-based battles like in Pokemon or Golden Sun. But what i don't like is tactics-based games: I find them boring. I also like magical or fantasy themes. I'm not much of a fan of wars or zombies or end of the world thing.

So far the games that I've tried and loved:
      Pokemon Black
      Pokemon Black 2
      Pokemon Diamond
      Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Echoes of Time (honestly, I forgot what version mine is, but it's along that series)
      Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
      Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Times
      Summon Night: Twin Age
      Mario: Inside Bowser Story
      Mario: Brothers/Partners in Time (again, I forgot the title)
      Harvest Moon Rune Factory 3
      Pokemon Ranger
      Pokemon Sapphire
      Summon Night: A Swordscraft Story

Anymore suggestions out there? I know I'm picky, particularly in the graphics, but any suggestions will help.

Thankies~!

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:24 am
Do you have a PS3? If so, you may want to look into the Atelier series. They are mostly traditional Japanese RPGs with some alchemy and are rather charming. The graphics are very pretty too.

I think Atelier Rorona is the first of the series, but you can kind of start anywhere and not get lost (I think).

Sorry I didn't see your question before now - I have not been on in a while. redface

Take care!  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:56 am
There's an indie game series you can download that is built just like the older Final Fantasys. I really loved it and the main stories for each game are all connected and come full-circle in the last game. I played it on my PC so I don't know if it's available for consoles.

It's called Aveyond. I don't know the general price for them but Wild Tangent had them at $6.99 or you could use the free trial and just play it for several hours straight.

It's not as in depth as Final Fantasy though, the game-play won't last you for days on end like the actual FF games and I think there are less random battles but I say they are still worth a play.

The Nintendo handhelds are pretty limited on their RPGs and many of them suck, I recommend you upgrade to a PSP so you can play games like Assassin's Creed, Little Big World, Disagea, Persona, and a s**t-ton of Final Fantasy titles including the amazing tear-jerker Crisis Core and my favorite in the KH saga Birth By Sleep.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:28 am
xena91388
It's called Aveyond. I don't know the general price for them but Wild Tangent had them at $6.99 or you could use the free trial and just play it for several hours straight.
i loved Aveyond, even though I got the series via Sandlot and now can't play cuz even though I bought the games and have the key to unlock it, Sandlot seems to have been shut down and my laptop's broken so I can't play it anyway
Kinda pissed about that
Same with Tradewinds...  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:44 pm
Kitalpha Hart
xena91388
i loved Aveyond, even though I got the series via Sandlot and now can't play cuz even though I bought the games and have the key to unlock it, Sandlot seems to have been shut down and my laptop's broken so I can't play it anyway
Kinda pissed about that
Same with Tradewinds...

Well that royally sucks. They didn't offer to mail you a hard copy? You should contact the companies and if you have it, show them a proof a purchase and see if they can reimburse you.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:48 pm
xena91388
Kitalpha Hart
xena91388
Kinda pissed about that
Same with Tradewinds...

Well that royally sucks. They didn't offer to mail you a hard copy? You should contact the companies and if you have it, show them a proof a purchase and see if they can reimburse you.
Sandlot doesn't do that
But if I get my laptop's hard drive, I have the unlock keys for all the games, and each one has five uses, of which three should still be valid :/  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Jebebo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:47 pm
I never really thought of Pokemon as having great graphics...
But anyway, hm... Do you have an X-Box 360? If so definitely check out Tales of Vesperia! An awesome RPG with a fun action battle system. Plus a great story with beautiful cell shaded graphics!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:28 am
For pc or mac, I just got a game on steam called Torchlight 2, its rpg and you can play it either online or offline. I really enjoy it so far, you start with a basic game and even that is awesome, but then you can also go to the steam workshop and download free mods that add more pets, classes and maps and everything to the game. Only thing is that you have to make separate characters to play in the 'mod' game. Basically you have your set of characters for normal non-modded, and then your characters for modded. The graphics aren't the best around, but they aren't tooooo bad. Very World of Warcraft like. I really recommend taking a look at it though C:.  

IVIoonBean

Bloblike Blob

31,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
28. ✿ - - - Video Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items