Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ MANGA
Least favorite genre? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:38 pm
AnorhiDemarche

It's not really a problem I have with the genre, the genre's fine enough. but it's the fanbase I have problems with and that kinda leeks over and I start to dread when I see a shoujo/yaoi come up on the big list of things to read

Luckily, I do find a few gems.

Oh, and if anyone's sick of the typical shoujo female lead try this
The brother of the naruto dude (also a shonen manga artist) doing a shoujo manga, basically making fun of the genre without going over the top sort of.

I gotta say, that was a pretty interesting story. Definitely wasn't expecting that outcome.

I also find it funny the manga you gave there was created by the brother of the man who's series has the most complaints about it's fanbase.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:25 am
Zero the Crimson
AnorhiDemarche

It's not really a problem I have with the genre, the genre's fine enough. but it's the fanbase I have problems with and that kinda leeks over and I start to dread when I see a shoujo/yaoi come up on the big list of things to read

The brother of the naruto dude (also a shonen manga artist) doing a shoujo manga, basically making fun of the genre without going over the top sort of.

I gotta say, that was a pretty interesting story. Definitely wasn't expecting that outcome.

I also find it funny the manga you gave there was created by the brother of the man who's series has the most complaints about it's fanbase.

you don;t know the half of it.
every forum ever about 666 satan gets covered by idiots saying "this dude stole everything from naruto! kishimoto masashi should sue!"
the 666 satan fanbase then has to explain that they are brothers. The learnt together, they write together, they discuss their ideas together. They are very aware of what each other writes. If masashi-san wasn't cool with it, Seishi-san wouldn't have had it published.

Then of course, they go on and on about how much Seishi-san stole from other series.. like training techniques a that were used for hundreds of years and are references literally everywhere. lol.  

AnorhiDemarche

Cluttered Worshipper

9,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:10 pm
AnorhiDemarche
Zero the Crimson
AnorhiDemarche

every forum ever about 666 satan gets covered by idiots saying "this dude stole everything from naruto! kishimoto masashi should sue!"
the 666 satan fanbase then has to explain that they are brothers. The learnt together, they write together, they discuss their ideas together. They are very aware of what each other writes. If masashi-san wasn't cool with it, Seishi-san wouldn't have had it published.

Then of course, they go on and on about how much Seishi-san stole from other series.. like training techniques a that were used for hundreds of years and are references literally everywhere. lol.

Typical complaints of the ignorant masses.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm
Zero the Crimson
AnorhiDemarche
Zero the Crimson
AnorhiDemarche

Typical complaints of the ignorant masses.

pretty much. lol.
It's unfortunate, because there are a lot of people in the nartuo or general yaoi/shoujo fanbases who are really awesome and can have a proper conversation.  

AnorhiDemarche

Cluttered Worshipper

9,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:29 pm
AnorhiDemarche

pretty much. lol.
It's unfortunate, because there are a lot of people in the nartuo or general yaoi/shoujo fanbases who are really awesome and can have a proper conversation.

True.
And then there are ones that are well...annoying, and others that take it way too seriously and kinda kills the mood.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:28 pm
Harem anime. Can't stand em, they're all the same to me...with the same old tired jokes that weren't even funny in the first place.  

Winniwyn

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:43 pm
Winniwyn
Harem anime. Can't stand em, they're all the same to me...with the same old tired jokes that weren't even funny in the first place.

My brother dislikes Harems for that same reason. I can explain the overall plot and him be interested in it, but the second I mention it's a harem genre, it's a giant "No, not happening"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:49 am
I think gore?  

The Victorian Lady

Friendly Noob

12,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100

Vaziane Wisp

Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:00 pm
Mecha. I can't stand reading mecha. I find it boring and dull. I'm not sure though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:59 pm
I hate gore, harems, and--though it isn't really a genre--godmods (minus Overlord Laharl-sama, of course). I love plot lines, so senseless violence with no real purpose doesn't appeal to me.

But even more than that, I hate harems! It's like blatant infidelity, but the females (and in some cases, males) are just to idiotic to care that they aren't important enough for the main character to care about them enough to remain faithful. What's more is that the character with the harem obviously doesn't have enough of a respectable character to get their act together.

Lastly, godmods...why must they show up and take all the fun out of everything? I know it's pretty awesome to watch an annoying character get his butt kicked senselessly, but really, I would like a decent battle or conflict every once in a while...just watching baddies get smacked around becomes pretty lack-luster after a while.  

Gallant Halliviere

Shady Businesswoman

15,175 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

perfectmistake123

3,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:56 am
probably when theres magical girls because i already know the ending before it starts.....theres never any surprises. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:03 pm
One word : HAREM.  

senamsenamsenam

Intellectual Lunatic

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:52 am
Gallant Halliviere
I hate gore, harems, and--though it isn't really a genre--godmods (minus Overlord Laharl-sama, of course). I love plot lines, so senseless violence with no real purpose doesn't appeal to me.

But even more than that, I hate harems! It's like blatant infidelity, but the females (and in some cases, males) are just to idiotic to care that they aren't important enough for the main character to care about them enough to remain faithful. What's more is that the character with the harem obviously doesn't have enough of a respectable character to get their act together.

Lastly, godmods...why must they show up and take all the fun out of everything? I know it's pretty awesome to watch an annoying character get his butt kicked senselessly, but really, I would like a decent battle or conflict every once in a while...just watching baddies get smacked around becomes pretty lack-luster after a while.

That is probably the most rational way to look at what's wrong with harem series, I have ever seen.

I can kind of see what you mean with the godmods..though honestly I like godmod characters, but usually only when they have a lazy or uninterested attitude to go with their power or they constantly hold back to make it a bit more even a fight.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:59 pm
Mecha, and Ecchi

Mecha is boring to me.
Ecchi is just disgusting. I couldn't finish High School of the Dead because of the ridiculous boobs flopping about. Only gave it a chance because I was really into the zombie horror genre at the time.  

Kremeh

Anxious Gaian

10,875 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Tsukiome

Greedy Phantom

9,400 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:06 pm
Isekais with over the top names, there have been a handful of good ones, but most of them are just enjoyable garbage with a very loose plot or a protag who aimlessly wanders with there overpowered abilities.  
✩ MANGA

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff