Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Archive Ship (Announcement & Arc Archive)
Auction House Forum Proposal

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Auction House?
Yes!
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Maybe.
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
No.
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Dstdnt

Gallant Knight

13,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:44 pm
Many Tamers would love to get more of a chance against those Tamers with a big Gold wallet, so why not expand upon the Auctions offered currently in the Trade Center alone and branch out the Digimon Auctions into a separate Forum all to itself where it'll be easier to keep track of both Trades and Auctions separately, and it will make it so much easier for Tamers to check on Auctions as well, including perhaps allowing for more to be done with Auctions in the very near future. Thoughts? =D Be sure to voice your opinion as well in this Forum and extrapolate on the impact of an Auction House in DTI! =D

Thank you everyone for your votes. As it was a 5 for, 1 uncertain and 1 against, the Digimon Center (Helpful Thread Forum) has been assimilated into the Jijimon House (Q & A Forum), now housing both content, Helpful Threads being exclusively labelled as so and locked for all to see in the Jijimon House (Helpful Q & A Forum). I also swapped the location of Starmon Station where the Trade Center once was, so now the Auction House is located right below the Trade Center, where auctions were previously held.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:56 pm
Well it is a pretty good idea but I don't think there is much point in creating a forum just for it. The amount of auctions that happen in a year is very low and so is the amount of trading in a year. People don't really trade digimon often since you can't trade digimon who you already have an art for and digivolution items aren't traded much as well since people typically would just donate them when they've won them. As for auctions they normally came during the special events such as Valentines day and Halloween or the Titled Digimon event and if they do appear out of it it is a very rare sight indeed. I think its better to just keep it in that place.  

ultimatemk

Shy Survivor

Dstdnt

Gallant Knight

13,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:15 am
ultimatemk
Well it is a pretty good idea but I don't think there is much point in creating a forum just for it. The amount of auctions that happen in a year is very low and so is the amount of trading in a year. People don't really trade digimon often since you can't trade digimon who you already have an art for and digivolution items aren't traded much as well since people typically would just donate them when they've won them. As for auctions they normally came during the special events such as Valentines day and Halloween or the Titled Digimon event and if they do appear out of it it is a very rare sight indeed. I think its better to just keep it in that place.

That is precisely why I was thinking of an Auction House, to increase the number of Auctions, and to more so make it independent of the Trades, and then we may even be able to expand the ability to trade in some minor ways, but perhaps to expand the wait time a bit more so that Tamers may have more of a variety to Trade. The focus of the Auction House would be more so to increase the number of Auctions occurring, and to also expanding into Digivolution Items even being offered through that way, and other special things that will be coming soon. Then, perhaps Auctioned Digimon may even, only a thought, may be usable to be Traded with Digimon from Contests.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:22 pm
Could you make auctioned digimon available in a way different than for Gold? Events, contests, TP, or maybe even like RP points? If there is a Mod over the RP they could give points out to others who post awesome responses and keep the RP active.  

FolkBeard

Dstdnt

Gallant Knight

13,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:49 pm
FolkBeard
Could you make auctioned digimon available in a way different than for Gold? Events, contests, TP, or maybe even like RP points? If there is a Mod over the RP they could give points out to others who post awesome responses and keep the RP active.

Currently, it's Gold only, mainly to aid in rewards for the Guild to be given lol. sweatdrop Yet, if we do have an Auction House, it might let us do more with it lol and different things. Event and Contest Digimon are meant to be won? TP is well~ xD that's a never reducing amount, so it would be a bit unfair to auction with that since it never decreases and the highest Tamer would only win~? sweatdrop In terms of RP points, there have been discussion about it, but it's not going to be available just yet, however I do have an RP Event coming on it's way soon. 3nodding That is also another way to win Digimon. =D Be sure to be on the lookout for it lol. 8D Auctions aren't the only way to win Digimon, but it is one of the ways, and if we could implement it in a stronger way, it would help with organization, and the variety of prizes that one could win as well. =D It's not mandatory to bid in an Auction, but there are quite a few Digimon that may not be able to fit into certain Contest themes but are still wanted, so if Auctions are used more, perhaps we could add them once in a way there.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:59 am
Anymore thoughts on an having an Auction House Forum? =D New Auctions are on their way soon as well. ^-^  

Dstdnt

Gallant Knight

13,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Zocontho

Interesting Gaian

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:17 pm
I think, That it would be a great idea. I know when I first got to the guild with my old profile like 3 years ago that i wanted more then 1 digimon and I couldn't get help where to look or I couldn't find where it was. Plus I never had any gold I barely made the 1000 gold requirement to make it in here. So buying things left me outta a lot of things. my new account I have Gold like it's nothing so I donate to the guilds I take part of just in the past two days I put in 2000 gold so I think we can afford it and it would help everyone here.  
Archive Ship (Announcement & Arc Archive)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games