Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Nik, making you hallucinate in 3..2..1... [CRITS PLEASE]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dracier

Devoted Survivor

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:37 am
User Image
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Nikki Amador Raid
Nicknames: Nik
Gender: Nikki is quite androgynous and under everything has female genetalia but a males chest but classifies as a male to keep things simple for 'himself'

Faction: I'll have to say Demon?
Race: The specific species of your student: Wolf Demon

Natural Ability: Inner Terror - Nikki has the ability to sense the exact ultimate fear of any creature through touch.

Personality: Nikki is your average cocky youngster with a love of scaring anyone and anything. Sarcastic and a bit gruff Nikki doesn't get along with everyone easily. Growing up he usually kept to himself due to not having any control of his ability and getting vivid flashes any time he came into contact with any living creature. Withdrawn at times and lashing out others he secluded himself for a long while. After learning to control his ability a bit better he became the gruff, cocky demon he is now though has few aquaintences due to being so secluded for his early years. Deep down he worries that he wont be accepted into the academy and will spend the rest of his existance in halloween town with no real purpose, not that he would tell anyone that. (apologies for this being so short, my characters some out with much more depth when I rp them, they take on a life of their own)

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? The moment Nikki realized he could sense exact fears he knew he was meant to become one of the elite who traveled to the human world to scare.
Why does your character want to come to Amityville as a student? Scaring within halloween can only keep someone occupied for so long before it becomes tedious and boring, especially when you know as few people due to his natural ability and bad attitude.

FEAR Ability: Phobia: Once realizing a creature or humans exact ultimate fear he can cause either their mind to hallucinate the fear or it to manifest depending on the situation. (say a humans ultimate fear is being torn to shreds by wolves, that would be halucinated due to halloween's stance on killing humans. However if their fear is say, fog, Nikki can manifest a cloud of fog around the human) However if Nikki gets carried away with his halucinations or manifestations (manifestations especially) he runs the risk of using too much energy and runs the risk of hurting himself. Using too much of himself results in physical wounds (it looks like he gets cut with air blades, his hope is by enrolling in the academy he can strengthen himself to be able to handle more than he currently can without hurting himself)
Nikki's type of fear is Gambler’s Chance
Note Learning to use this ability will be a grueling process, (if he is accepted) he will enter the school only being able to cause mild hallucinations and zero ability to manifest until farther into his education.

Physical Description:

Eye Color: One eye purple, one eye silver (no pupil in this one)
Hair Color/Style: Most of it is long and black (roughly waist length normally) but pulled into a ponytail usually, his bangs stay loose and hang below his jaw line and are brilliant silver (matches his eye)
Skin Color: very, very, pale, almost translucently white skin
Clothing Style/Colors: Due to being born with no breasts Nikki generally wears no top though is adorned with skin markings and a few scars and some self done piercings. See ref picture. The only difference is I was hoping he could have what looks like bruising on his torso, eyes a bit more sunken and ribs showing a bit so he looks scarier and more 'unhealthy' as well as half smile showing all sharp teeth/ one fang showing
Extra: Sleek black horns with red tips like his tail and ears. Pretty much everything else is covered either above or in the picture below.
References: Nikki Raid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:28 am
UPDATES

4/6/14 - Nik is participating in the guest student event (link to follow)

8/27/13 - Nik participated in the first half of the event but was unable to participate in second (due to irl becoming very busy unfortunately) His heart log

8/2/13 - Nik is signed up for meta plot event and journals 'ready' status is changed to crits until meta is over

7/11/13 - Nik's quest thread created  

Dracier

Devoted Survivor

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Dracier

Devoted Survivor

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:30 am
*prods thread so it doesn't fall of first page of guild forum*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:18 am
*will be edited*  

Dracier

Devoted Survivor

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Dracier

Devoted Survivor

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:09 pm
Just trying to get this onto the first page  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:40 pm
Hello thar~ here is some crit for you biggrin

First of all, his species - I assume the wolf part is because he has fuzzy ears and tail, and that the demon part is because he has those wings? It feels like his character design is defining his faction and race, rather than the other way around.

That's not to say he can't be a wolf demon, but I'd want to know more about your vision of what a Wolf Demon actually is, how they are different from werewolves, etc. Is he based on any established mythical being or are your wolf demons something original to you? I would think about his species carefully, and make sure that you flesh out the species in detail (if original) or link it clearly to a pre-existing myth or monster. There are lots of different types of hellhounds, for example!

Also, his FEAR ability - most creatures of Halloween link their FEAR to a single thing, so him having the ability to make a single worst fear manifest as a hallucination is a bit overpowered! I like that you balanced it out a bit by having it use Gambler's Chance, but I would suggest limiting the scope of his FEAR. Why not make him specialize in something - going with the wolf demon thing, maybe the example you used of being torn to shreds, perhaps working with that very specific type of hallucination or even summoning up spectral wolves that frenzy at the target (or Nikki himself, since Gambler's Chance) would be appropriate.

I hope that helps - let me know if you have any questions!

Dracier

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas