Reply Feedback Forum
[S] Co-ownership Searching Thread Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

THE Jehan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:16 am
So, before the whole "contests for non-basket Soquili" thing was resolved, I had been kinda frustrated with trying to figure out how I was going to find people (specifically newbies) to rehome my Soquili to.
Lately, this has been formulating an idea in my mind, and I'd like to at least bring it up before I'm gone for good.

A lot of people get their first soquili by having an oldbie co-own with them, right? (That was how I got my first soq) Well, why not make it easier for oldbies to find newbies to co-own with by having a thread for it?

I'm thinking it would work kind of like Lover's Rock. Newbies would post a form stating that they are interested in being contacted about co-ownership and it would stay active for x number of months/until they are no longer newbies.
The form itself could include links to teepees, number of soq owned, places to state whether they're RPers or not, things like that.

I have no idea where the thread would go, or even if people are interested in that sort of thing. I for one am VERY big on giving things to newbies, and I think that given the volume of people who enter basket contests and the general raffles, this would make it just a little easier for newbies to become active in the shop.

So, thoughts?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:50 am
Sounds like a great idea to me ^_^

I don't stalk the main thread enough to really see newbies hanging around.  

Kirowyn Love

Eloquent Raider

14,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Streaker 200

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:13 am
I think this is a good idea, but I think it should be user-run instead of maintained by the main shop. Since co-ownerships would kind of be "At your own risk" anyway.

Maybe with permission from the shop mule, someone could make a thread in the Questing HQ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:51 pm
Mm, that is true. Putting it in the Questing HQ would be a good idea too.
Of course, ideally the thread would get stickied to keep it from dying off.

Any volunteers to help maintain the list?
Anyone else have some thoughts/ideas?  

THE Jehan

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:07 pm
I would be happy to volunteer and help with the thread!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:18 pm
Hi! Newbie here.

I think this is a great idea, especially for people like me who are waaaay to intimidated by the main thread. (It moves so fast!) Plus it could be used for double purpose. People who are looking to straight up gift baskets to people could use the thread as well.
I'd be happy to help with it as well, but I don't think I'd be comfortable actually running it. whee

I do have one question though. If it's supposed to work like Lover's Rock, wouldn't the person who creates the thread need the ability to delete posts once they expire after 3 months, which is only available to guild crew members?
I think it would get pretty cluttered if it was left to the newbies who posted to delete their posts and stuff. Unless newbies PMed their forms to the person running it, and then that person posted it, but that seems like a lot of work for the one person.

Perhaps if this approach was used, people could rotate running the thread? Maybe Kamiki could run it for three months/ a month and then switch over to someone else?

The Captain Britain

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:18 pm
I wouldn't mind helping delete stuff once in a while ;p <3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:47 pm
Kamiki
I would be happy to volunteer and help with the thread!

I second this... Totally willing to help.
This has been an idea that I have wondered about for quite some time. If we create a current list in one thread, I think there should be an updated title for each month, similar to the MCCL. I also think that it should be more than an "I want to be considered" post. Maybe we could have a couple of different sections to fill out, 1 for Newbies that own no Soq, a 2nd for those who are willing to RP and post a few links to RP's.

I'd have no problem looking through the lists to see who has been active and updating their posts and whatnot.

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200

THE Jehan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:29 pm
Mm, updated title could work. "Active in (current month) 2013." That way people can update their own posts.

I definitely agree that there should be a "# of Soq owned" part to see who has zero and who is on the verge of leaving newbie-hood.
RP sections also a must, for me at least.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:00 pm
[color=blue][size=16][b]Active in 'current month ' 2013.[/b][/size][/color]
[b]Username:[/b]

[b]How long have you been in the shop:[/b]
[b]# of Soq owned:[/b] (Maybe include links to their certs/to a teepee?)
[b]RPer:[/b] Yes/no
[b]Links to Recent RPs:[/b] Links to RPs or to teepees or whatever

So I whipped a really rough-draft of the form that would be posted. (First part totally stolen from the MCCL)
Anything else that should be added?

The Captain Britain

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:37 pm
I'd definitely like this. I have a few Soquili that I'd like to co-own, but I don't really have an easy means of finding newbies except when they pop up in the main thread, which isn't all that often.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:24 am
Just brainstorming, maybe moving Questing HQ to a whole new Guild might not be a horrible idea?

It could kind of a be a blend of official and non-official - basically the Soq shop staff could be Crew there as well, but there could also be "official volunteers" who could also be crew and help with moving/deleting threads and maintaining this kind of list.

That way they avoid making non-staffer "crew" in the main guilds, plus it maybe breaks open the door for some more user-run events or charities to help out people who are too intimated by the main guilds/threads?

I'd be happy to supply a guild, if people like the idea.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:15 am
Kamiki, you are amazing! That would be a stellar idea... I know there is a charity that covers a lot of B/C's, however it seems that most questers go there for Soq stuff... A seperate guild might allow for them to come in and help out to.

Personally, it seems that those looking to re-home based on RP are looking for more than just a couple of links. Would it behoove us to create a form that has a generic prompt right in the form, or allowed for a free prompt. Maybe a small limit on wording so those looking don't begin reading novels. Just a small sampling.

Also, including links should be something that is updated when the title is updated. Possibly requiring at least 1 RP within the last month? The front page could be updated by the volunteers to show when each person was last active, and this would mean changing the title and RP links... For example:
Quote:
User A ~ July 2013 ~ Newbie
User B ~ July 2013 ~ Non-RP ~ Newbie
User C ~ June 2013 ~ RP

This would be pretty simple for volunteers to update once a month, possibly doing even vs. odd pages or something.

The idea behind the updates is so that people looking to co-own or gift would know who was actively trying. I think that a simple post and updating a topic line is a pretty easy task, but ensuring that a current RP is going on, at least for those who want to be considered for possible RP opportunities, is not to much to really ask.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:43 am
Well, if you guys made a guild, it could always just be an unofficial one. I mean, the people volunteering would be able to delete/move/archive threads already o:

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:53 am

Kamiki, I am game if you are... I'd like for it to be official, but if staff and management are ok with this, I'd be more than willing to help you out!

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff