Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
A Prayer For My Saftey

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CheyenneServant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:18 pm
My father who left us 6 years ago to move to Thailand now wants my mother and I to live with him. He's excitecd and wants us to go over there.
The only problem is that he lives with my brothers who used to smack me. I just know that if I go over there they will start again.
Please pray. I don't know what to do. I'm 18 and my father wants me to live with him again. I don't want to disapoint him.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:35 am
I'm excited for you smile I'll pray. Also, don't be afraid to call your brothers out on their behavior if that's what they end up doing; point out, "hey, you're my brothers; you're supposed to protect me, not hurt me" or just express that you don't appreciate it when they do that to you, since you're both adults now, they might respect that (I'm assuming they're older than you). Also, don't say it jokingly, be serious. Maybe they've matured in these 6 years, so don't be pessimistic about the situation. Question: amongst these brothers, does it also include the one who blocked you on facebook? Whether he is or isn't, it's another opportunity to live out a Christ-like example amongst them and be a good example to everyone there.

On another note: sounds to me like our Heavenly Father is answering your prayers with respect to your living situation. Mother and Father head of the household again, less responsibilities on both your shoulders and the shoulders of the sibling you were depending on to house you and your mom. Also, I hear the healthcare is really good over there.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

CheyenneServant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:10 am
real eyes realize
I'm excited for you smile I'll pray. Also, don't be afraid to call your brothers out on their behavior if that's what they end up doing; point out, "hey, you're my brothers; you're supposed to protect me, not hurt me" or just express that you don't appreciate it when they do that to you, since you're both adults now, they might respect that (I'm assuming they're older than you). Also, don't say it jokingly, be serious. Maybe they've matured in these 6 years, so don't be pessimistic about the situation. Question: amongst these brothers, does it also include the one who blocked you on facebook? Whether he is or isn't, it's another opportunity to live out a Christ-like example amongst them and be a good example to everyone there.

On another note: sounds to me like our Heavenly Father is answering your prayers with respect to your living situation. Mother and Father head of the household again, less responsibilities on both your shoulders and the shoulders of the sibling you were depending on to house you and your mom. Also, I hear the healthcare is really good over there.

Thank you. I just worry about getting hurt again.
It does include my brother who blocked me.
I know that there is a good chance they will start abusing me again.
When my brother was here last month he got voilent and my other brother has also been grabbing my arm, saying he'll hit me last week. He's 24 and I am almost 18. I would like living there but I am afraid I will get abused again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:36 pm
I am praying, but if it does start up, tell some one.  

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

CheyenneServant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:17 pm
911child
I am praying, but if it does start up, tell some one.

Thank you. I will.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:19 pm
I'm real sorry to hear all that. confused
I'd recommend having a talk about this with your mother before you guys do anything so that your mother is aware of this and maybe talk about it with your father, too. Try and reason with your brothers, or call them out on what they're doing like real eyes realize said.

I'll be praying and hope it will be a nice experience for you. smile  

Recite

Mega Noob

CheyenneServant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:39 pm
Recite
I'm real sorry to hear all that. confused
I'd recommend having a talk about this with your mother before you guys do anything so that your mother is aware of this and maybe talk about it with your father, too. Try and reason with your brothers, or call them out on what they're doing like real eyes realize said.

I'll be praying and hope it will be a nice experience for you. smile

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:35 pm
Little Sister I will definitely pray for you. Dear Lord, please give my sister guidance. Please place your hedge of protection around her and keep her safe throughout all travels in life. I also ask that her brothers will feel your touch and be loving instead of hurtful. Please bless her and all of her loved ones. In Jesus name we pray. Amen Peace  

StrongGirlBong-Soon

9,475 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:34 pm
Show him how much you've learned from the Word of God. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 am
Hamul
Show him how much you've learned from the Word of God. smile

Well said!

You can even be the light that God used to lead your family to be more devoted to God.

Jeremiah 29:11
New International Version (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.[/]

In everything, always pray and ask for God's guidance so that this step to re-unite with your family is according to His will. Do not act on your own smile

*praying*

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers