Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Sermons
A need to see..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hero just hero

Dangerous Informer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:15 pm
A 1 hour long sermon explaining the truth about "projects" such as guilds who only sends bible quotes as announcements, "projects" about a happy and free life, "projects" about people spreading the love of God...

All just redoritics.... all talk...

See this and see why guilds that are in Christ needs to stop playing a redoritic, and start doing what God had done in human form.

A call to Anguish. By pastor David Wilkerson: A true man of God  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:36 am
Wilkerson's point was this: rhetoric is useless if the message is not heeded, people don't put God's word into practice, and are loving sin in their hearts instead being in anguish over sin, thus praying&fasting against it.

In and of itself, rhetoric is not the problem (a sermon is a piece of rhetoric to beginwith and David Wilkerson used rhetoric throughout his sermon); the problem is when people talk a lot about "doing what's right", but don't put it into action. They're addicted to TV shows, a show that is utterly rife with sin, instead of being repulsed by it. Most Christians don't take sin seriously nor take God's commands seriously (thus no anguish nor praying against the sin in the situation around them, and in them, because they're enjoying those sinful things); they also don't want to be surrounded by people who call them out on that lukewarm behavior.

I've made it known to my family (both related and non-related spiritual family) how almost everything on TV is against God, glorifies sin, and what they're doing to themselves by watching TV, but after that warning, it's their choice if they continue to watch it. They decide for themselves the reason why they watch (enjoyment or opportunity to explain sin to others who are still fans and still watching, or watching Christian shows, etc...). We can warn them and pray for them, but we can't force them to be on fire for God or be in anguish for the things of God. From their point of view, giving up on our favorite TV shows, or rejecting them as role models once we find out they're glorifying sin, is just "too extreme", reading the bible on a daily basis is "too extreme", and applying Jesus words makes you a legalist, lol. Slowly, but surely, my bio family seems to be changing from that mindset; I see a lot of non-related Christians waking up to the same fact: that we must apply his words and actually stop engaging in certain things, if not view them differently—as things that shouldn't be applauded or emulated, but are examples of sin.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Hero just hero

Dangerous Informer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:40 am
The point was not what you assumed nor think it was. It would seem you just want it easy and just saying what seems to be the answer. It is not legalism, That is where the idea is wrong. But wouldn't it seem so? Well Its not legalism, but Christ. The part where you say to be anguished in your sins, no, not just your sins. All sins, even from people you don't know. It would seem you had not heed the video well. I do recommend watching it and hearing it really close. It would seem you haven't paid much attention to key points. Don't worry, it happens =] not everyone had what dave had.

It also seem you rather put words and still allowing family members continue in that filth and allow them to go to hell. Something that puts you on the spot since you are accountable . Telling them is one thing. Showing them would be different. David had no Tv. Nothing but the newspapers telling him what the people are today. He utterly Gave up everything just for one Gift that we can't ever dare to go for. To hear the voice of God, and to pray instantly to hear a instant response by Jesus Christ.

See we think just reading the bible would say God is real. The bible is the basics =] and i am glad i use it. Because it talks about literally Anguish in every Chapter, verses and scriptures. How corrections and reproofs would be considered unethical compared to how people want it. A man to get beat up and to be nearly dead at where i live at 10 blocks from 125st (135st), still telling gang members and killers that " Jesus loves you, even if i die by your hands", getting spit and jumped and almost shot by them, and still go by what Jesus said in his anguish? This is the life of Christ. For he was hated First before we were.

If you are a true Christian, you would be hated. You wouldn't even be that person people would call. You would literally be the "dust to their feet". Because once you hit that life, God will be that person you need to hear. Seeking him daily, seeking him in sin, seeking him in a crisis. But if your loved, and the world actually hated Christ, your not doing something right. Your afraid of the life Christ had. This is the fear, God wants us to remove. But what will we do?

Day by day i would cry for everyone, i would still eat, but one piece of food daily. I do not drink alot of sodas now a days since God said to give it up. I cry when i hear trouble. I would cry, even for kids i never knew. If only a few Christians had the heart of God, i would say only 567 pastors would have this. However, if we all would just Give up in moderation and go all out for Christ (as he commanded), then wouldn't we all be hated in this world? I longer have friends of this world. Not even girls who are not Christian care to date me... Because i am hated. I am not one of them.

But that would be "legalistic" wouldn't it? God said "it is not legalism, but in me". Where are we? Hiding among eachother? Not caring for the surroundings? Are we just "concerned"?....

This video speaks about it very clearly. Not just one point you think would be the whole sermon. Not even sermons can david Wilkerson explain about the agony of His heart.

This life is joyful. Every one will see you are Godly people. People who cannot be destroyed. That person everyone needs to see and hear.

This is true Christianity. Where are we in it? Where are we in Christ in a Crisis?

This is what the video states.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:39 am
Christiankid_leon_
The point was not what you assumed nor think it was. It would seem you just want it easy and just saying what seems to be the answer. It is not legalism, That is where the idea is wrong. But wouldn't it seem so? Well Its not legalism, but Christ. The part where you say to be anguished in your sins, no, not just your sins. All sins, even from people you don't know. It would seem you had not heed the video well. I do recommend watching it and hearing it really close. It would seem you haven't paid much attention to key points. Don't worry, it happens =] not everyone had what dave had.

It also seem you rather put words and still allowing family members continue in that filth and allow them to go to hell. Something that puts you on the spot since you are accountable . Telling them is one thing. Showing them would be different. David had no Tv. Nothing but the newspapers telling him what the people are today. He utterly Gave up everything just for one Gift that we can't ever dare to go for. To hear the voice of God, and to pray instantly to hear a instant response by Jesus Christ.

See we think just reading the bible would say God is real. The bible is the basics =] and i am glad i use it. Because it talks about literally Anguish in every Chapter, verses and scriptures. How corrections and reproofs would be considered unethical compared to how people want it. A man to get beat up and to be nearly dead at where i live at 10 blocks from 125st (135st), still telling gang members and killers that " Jesus loves you, even if i die by your hands", getting spit and jumped and almost shot by them, and still go by what Jesus said in his anguish? This is the life of Christ. For he was hated First before we were.

If you are a true Christian, you would be hated. You wouldn't even be that person people would call. You would literally be the "dust to their feet". Because once you hit that life, God will be that person you need to hear. Seeking him daily, seeking him in sin, seeking him in a crisis. But if your loved, and the world actually hated Christ, your not doing something right. Your afraid of the life Christ had. This is the fear, God wants us to remove. But what will we do?

Day by day i would cry for everyone, i would still eat, but one piece of food daily. I do not drink alot of sodas now a days since God said to give it up. I cry when i hear trouble. I would cry, even for kids i never knew. If only a few Christians had the heart of God, i would say only 567 pastors would have this. However, if we all would just Give up in moderation and go all out for Christ (as he commanded), then wouldn't we all be hated in this world? I longer have friends of this world. Not even girls who are not Christian care to date me... Because i am hated. I am not one of them.

But that would be "legalistic" wouldn't it? God said "it is not legalism, but in me". Where are we? Hiding among eachother? Not caring for the surroundings? Are we just "concerned"?....

This video speaks about it very clearly. Not just one point you think would be the whole sermon. Not even sermons can david Wilkerson explain about the agony of His heart.

This life is joyful. Every one will see you are Godly people. People who cannot be destroyed. That person everyone needs to see and hear.

This is true Christianity. Where are we in it? Where are we in Christ in a Crisis?

You seem to misunderstand what I write.

The ones saying Jesus' commands are legalism isn't me, but the people I correct. I don't even have a TV in my room. My parents are the ones that continue watching it, and every time they invite me to watch, I tell them no and explain why, and all the dangers that come along with TV watching. I do pray for them, but I can't control them. It's not a one off thing when I correct them either (and like I just said, I don't even own a TV; so when do they ever see me watching TV? never). Of what I do watch online, I tell them why I watch it so they notice the difference between what they let pass in front of their eyes and what I let pass in front of my eyes. Fasting from the luxuries of the world is a concept I do live out to please God and live out a good example at the same time—especially when I'm surrounded by people who live gluttonous, self-indulgent lives, gorging on filth/junk, both food-wise and entertainment-wise.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Hero just hero

Dangerous Informer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:34 am
real eyes realize
Christiankid_leon_

You seem to misunderstand what I write.

The ones saying Jesus' commands are legalism isn't me, but the people I correct. I don't even have a TV in my room. My parents are the ones that continue watching it, and every time they invite me to watch, I tell them no and explain why, and all the dangers that come along with TV watching. I do pray for them, but I can't control them. It's not a one off thing when I correct them either (and like I just said, I don't even own a TV; so when do they ever see me watching TV? never). Of what I do watch online, I tell them why I watch it so they notice the difference between what they let pass in front of their eyes and what I let pass in front of my eyes. Fasting from the luxuries of the world is a concept I do live out to please God and live out a good example at the same time—especially when I'm surrounded by people who live gluttonous, self-indulgent lives, gorging on filth/junk, both food-wise and entertainment-wise.
i've actually had read what you write and understood. The term of "you" was being used because sometimes the ideological perspectives would be by "me". If you mistook "you", then i hope you are able to alter the terminology" you" in substitute for people. I am not saying you as a general idea. Good that you are willing to give up things of this world. "Seek first the kingdom of heaven". However the point dave was suggesting is to be the light of the world as Jesus commanded.

See, i am not getting at you in misunderstanding. I for one understand the idealism people.would pull to say "Christianity is a waste of time..." it isn't easy to be "a good person". But being good, has its reward. Being Godly, has a greater reward. The choice however is to either accept God's heart or to keep it like a good person showing the examples. This is the idea of the video above.

I'm actually stating what you assumed the point of the video. Not a correct point. =] I hope you get where i'm getting at.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:04 pm
Ahh, I see it now ^ ^;  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Hero just hero

Dangerous Informer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:35 pm
real eyes realize
Ahh, I see it now ^ ^;
=] keep up your works in Christ and achieve the life of prayers. I will pray that it comes to you. All you need to do, is ask God to share his burdens. When your ready, that is. He is willing to do that.  
Sermons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games