Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply TinierMe
Opinions On The New "Club Verge" Thing? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What Do you Think Of Club Verge?
  Approve
  Dissaprove
  Don't Care
View Results

Sinister Broadcast

Dangerous Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:23 am
Club Verge

The one thing I liked about gaia was that everything was vaguely equal, but now, not so much. I mean, I get why they're doing it, making it so that people who use actual money get rewarded for it, but what about the people who can't afford to use real money? Doesn't seem all too fair to them.

Not to mention, looking around at comments, you get kicked out if you don't have enough G-cash, all of the items you can get are super expensive (though I'd die to get the Custom SDPlus Doll) and you're expected to buy at least 9999 G-cash every 12 months or so to stay in.

So, what do you all think about it?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:17 pm
Uh, I feel so out of things... I'd have to go look it up to figure out what this thing is. Off-hand I don't have a problem with what you've said tho. Gaia needs monnies so if this encourages people to spend monnies then its fine by me. I havent bought Gaia Cash in ages, never had a need to anymore.

Are the Verge shop items tradeable?  

-Elie-
Crew

Sparkly Bunny

22,175 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Sinister Broadcast

Dangerous Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:22 am
-Elie-
Uh, I feel so out of things... I'd have to go look it up to figure out what this thing is. Off-hand I don't have a problem with what you've said tho. Gaia needs monnies so if this encourages people to spend monnies then its fine by me. I havent bought Gaia Cash in ages, never had a need to anymore.

Are the Verge shop items tradeable?

User Image

Its still pretty new, so I don't think a lot of people have noticed yet, aside form the ones who have gotten invites to it.

I guess, if they really want to pay that much each month, it's their decision. But from the point of view of someone who saw what happened to buyers from Tinierme, it doesn't seem right that they charge so much for everything. I mean, you could easily be spending that money on real world stuff, not virtual items that you'll never see again if this site shuts down of you lose your account.

I'm pretty sure they are trade-able, but considering most are a couple hundred G-cash, you'll be expected to pay out the nose for them in the market place.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:02 pm
I got the invite for it. I don't think it's anything to brag about. The store items aren't cheap, but I don't think those who aren't in it, are not missing out a whole lot. Most of the items will be placed in the Marketplace.

I think that Jada the Unicorn is going for around 5mil, and it's a $50 item in the Verge Store. Of course though, the non members would miss out of the Custom SDPlus doll. I feel it's not a big deal unless they want that.

When the guild first opened, people in the guild were making a big deal and getting upset when they were invited. Its definitely not a giant not a giant tea party inside. So, if I didn't make the $100 cut, I wouldn't be sad.

Though, I guess when you're in the guild, we're getting birthday gifts (little tiny crowns). So, that's a little bit fun.  

Puuishi

Wealthy Grabber

Sinister Broadcast

Dangerous Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:06 pm
Puuishi
I got the invite for it. I don't think it's anything to brag about. The store items aren't cheap, but I don't think those who aren't in it, are not missing out a whole lot. Most of the items will be placed in the Marketplace.

I think that Jada the Unicorn is going for around 5mil, and it's a $50 item in the Verge Store. Of course though, the non members would miss out of the Custom SDPlus doll. I feel it's not a big deal unless they want that.

When the guild first opened, people in the guild were making a big deal and getting upset when they were invited. Its definitely not a giant not a giant tea party inside. So, if I didn't make the $100 cut, I wouldn't be sad.

Though, I guess when you're in the guild, we're getting birthday gifts (little tiny crowns). So, that's a little bit fun.

User Image

I almost died when I saw the custom SDPlus Doll. I think it's an amazingly adorable concept. I've seen screenshots of the prices of the different items, they seem a little insane, though, this is coming from someone who only gets gaia cash from the odd video offer.

Idk, I just think that Gaia is already pretty slip up, and am worried that this might just widen the gap.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:19 pm
Yeah. I was hoping the Verge shop would have affordable items but the lowest is $25. That's such a big chunk of money for one item where as you could use that for two RIG bundles.

I also like doing offers, and the only reason I do spend is if I can. Otherwise, I don't think I was or am nearly a bad spender versus on TinierMe.

But like, $500 for that custom doll? That's so much. It's cool you get to pick out which artist to make it. Except what I like about SDPlus dolls so much is the little extra pose (eyes, accessory etc.) and these don't do that, which would make sense.  

Puuishi

Wealthy Grabber

Sinister Broadcast

Dangerous Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:02 am
Puuishi
Yeah. I was hoping the Verge shop would have affordable items but the lowest is $25. That's such a big chunk of money for one item where as you could use that for two RIG bundles.

I also like doing offers, and the only reason I do spend is if I can. Otherwise, I don't think I was or am nearly a bad spender versus on TinierMe.

But like, $500 for that custom doll? That's so much. It's cool you get to pick out which artist to make it. Except what I like about SDPlus dolls so much is the little extra pose (eyes, accessory etc.) and these don't do that, which would make sense.

User Image

It's sad that they assume that just because you buy a certain amount of Gcash, that you can easily afford the items in there.

TinierMe was horrible when it came to spending real money, I know people who lost quite a few hundred dollars, up to a thousand on it. I stick to surveys and videos (mostly videos since a lot of the surveys ask for too much personal info and don't work half of the time). Sadly, you don't make nearly as much Gcash on here from offers, I could make up to 100-200 Gcoins a day on TinierMe, here, I'm lucky if I get 10 Gcash.

Yeah, I just think it'd be adorable to have a mini version of yourself (even if you don't get the extra pose), but they're asking quite a bit too much for it.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:52 pm
Well you can count me in for the statistics of burning and crashing from TinierMe. I never have spent so much money on that site, and it's because it was all based on trading, unfortunately. I got caught up in it. It was more dangerous to spend because you felt you weren't spending a lot. Twenty dollars could get you.. oh what, like 4 complete rounds. I can't even remember now.

At least on Gaia, there are other ways of obtaining items.

Really though, nothing important is happening in the Club Verge. Anyone who isn't in it, aren't missing out. It's like any event forum; art freebies, show off your avatars, blah blah.

It kinda reminds me of all the Prim nervous and Knit scarf users from TM.  

Puuishi

Wealthy Grabber

Sinister Broadcast

Dangerous Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:53 am
Puuishi
Well you can count me in for the statistics of burning and crashing from TinierMe. I never have spent so much money on that site, and it's because it was all based on trading, unfortunately. I got caught up in it. It was more dangerous to spend because you felt you weren't spending a lot. Twenty dollars could get you.. oh what, like 4 complete rounds. I can't even remember now.

At least on Gaia, there are other ways of obtaining items.

Really though, nothing important is happening in the Club Verge. Anyone who isn't in it, aren't missing out. It's like any event forum; art freebies, show off your avatars, blah blah.

It kinda reminds me of all the Prim nervous and Knit scarf users from TM.

User Image

Yeah, though, it was kind of nice that they didn't have a market place, since it got people socializing as well as you didn't end up with super outrageous prices on everything. I mean, it made it difficult since some of the traders with the good items could be really stuck up, but at least they had to stick with the vague price that the price checkers set for the items.

I'm pretty sure it's going to fizzle out pretty quick, the whole Club Verge thing, since I don't think too many people are thrilled about it. Even some of the others who were invited don't really seem happy since everything is so pricey.

I remember them, honestly, I found those items to be a tad bit blown out of proportions. Sure, they were cute, but there were much better items for far less.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:47 am
It doesn't bother me that it exists.

The only thing there that tempts me is the socialization with Gaia artists, and the chance to have your avatar drawn by one of your own choosing. There's 2 I really like and have been following for a few years now, and I'd be thrilled if they drew something for me = u=

I used to spend a lot of money on TM - way plenty enough to make the 99.99 cut. But it's true - that money could be better spent IRL. Granted, if TM were still around, I would still be spending money on it. It was my entertainment! On Halloween especially, I'd drop a few hundred on the Halloween themed gacha just to CS it and have all the items for that holiday. I spent most of my time on that site. Maaaan. If it were to re-open, I would still wanna do that. I loved their Halloween items! But life after only half a year or so since it shut down has taught me to budget, and it's for the best. I can't afford to drop money on virtual stuff...unless it's on steam or PSN...
That's where all my 99.99 pretty much goes to npw. I don't do it as often either, and I generally get something physical out of it. Special editions of games and such. I've been spending more time playing games and doing stuff outside of home.

= u= still want art from Gaia artists.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200

Sinister Broadcast

Dangerous Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:01 pm
Veiss Wynd
It doesn't bother me that it exists.

The only thing there that tempts me is the socialization with Gaia artists, and the chance to have your avatar drawn by one of your own choosing. There's 2 I really like and have been following for a few years now, and I'd be thrilled if they drew something for me = u=

I used to spend a lot of money on TM - way plenty enough to make the 99.99 cut. But it's true - that money could be better spent IRL. Granted, if TM were still around, I would still be spending money on it. It was my entertainment! On Halloween especially, I'd drop a few hundred on the Halloween themed gacha just to CS it and have all the items for that holiday. I spent most of my time on that site. Maaaan. If it were to re-open, I would still wanna do that. I loved their Halloween items! But life after only half a year or so since it shut down has taught me to budget, and it's for the best. I can't afford to drop money on virtual stuff...unless it's on steam or PSN...
That's where all my 99.99 pretty much goes to npw. I don't do it as often either, and I generally get something physical out of it. Special editions of games and such. I've been spending more time playing games and doing stuff outside of home.

= u= still want art from Gaia artists.

User Image

I actually don't know too much about the artists on here, having an older sister who pretty good at art, I'm still feeling the repercussions from it.

I have too many IRL obsessions that I'm usually always broke, so I couldn't really afford to buy G-coins/Cash even if I wanted to. Especially after going to ComicCon, never have I dropped so much money in one place before, but it was totally worth it. sweatdrop

The Halloween gachas were amazing on there, they were the reason I wished I bought G-coins, but normally I could find people who were trading most of the items from it cheap. I had it down to almost a science where I'd have half the items I wanted reserved for super cheap a day or two after the gacha came out. For steam, I just give my friends money and they buy the stuff I want and gift it to me.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:52 pm
damn gaia after i saw the 50 dollar items they were selling i thought they couldn't get any worse and here they are just... i can't believe this

this whole club verge thing is ridiculous

well....at least it's not that hard to get gaia gold now

you can get 40k per day on heralds and play other stuff

so in about 6 months to a year you can get one of those exclusive items they're selling in the marketplace by saving up gold

unless the items are locked and they're not able to sell them in the marketplace

im doing your sister

Shameless Ladykiller

12,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Puuishi

Wealthy Grabber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:06 pm
Sinister Broadcast

I actually did own a Prim Nervous, but I never paid (well traded) for that 30+ (exaggerated) items for it. I only traded four CSes which would be normal. I just found it berserko how it escalated to be worth so much based on how "clingy" owners were. Crazy.

im doing your sister

Most of the Verge items are listed in the Marketplace right now, and are at a better deal. However, I'm not sure if the items will stay put in the shop or be taken out within the next two months. So, it could cause the prices to go up more.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:41 am
im doing your sister
damn gaia after i saw the 50 dollar items they were selling i thought they couldn't get any worse and here they are just... i can't believe this

this whole club verge thing is ridiculous

well....at least it's not that hard to get gaia gold now

you can get 40k per day on heralds and play other stuff

so in about 6 months to a year you can get one of those exclusive items they're selling in the marketplace by saving up gold

unless the items are locked and they're not able to sell them in the marketplace

User Image

I literally run on a constant cycle of the money I already have. Not to mention, I fail at most of the games on here.

Honestly, some of the items are nice, but not enough to spend what people are asking for them.

Puuishi

I actually did own a Prim Nervous, but I never paid (well traded) for that 30+ (exaggerated) items for it. I only traded four CSes which would be normal. I just found it berserko how it escalated to be worth so much based on how "clingy" owners were. Crazy.

Yeah, that was one of the things I found really bizarre, for so long I hardly heard about items like that, then in the last year and a half everything just exploded. I think the worst was when I was in the trading forums and you'd ask someone how much they're looking for an item and they're like "Well, I'm kind of clingy to this item so I would need to be bribed to trade it...." Urgh, that urked me so bad.

User Image

Sinister Broadcast

Dangerous Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Lucevia 2

Eternal Star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:26 pm
Whoa, whoa wait.
We're expected to buy 9999 Gaia Cash to stay in? Wat. I thought it was a perma thing o-0

Dude, I don't even have money to feed myself.

But anyway, I'm not a big guild person, so I could care less about Club Verge. Can't afford s**t anyway, lol.

TinierMe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff