Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:18 pm
I finally have some booze I like! biggrin ~drinks a little Smirnoff~

That other crap I tasted was just yecky.8(  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:42 pm
Yuki_Windira

I've never tried Smornoff. What was the other kind you didn't like?  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:06 am
I like Smirnoff. owo
They have a flavor, cherry limeade, that tastes like Mountain Dew Code Red.
Yum~
They have another flavor, some kind of peach, that my mum loves, but I can't drink it because it's dyed with red. :c
Meh, I'll stick to peach juice with peach schnapps instead of that stuff, prolly tastes 'bout the same.
Margaritas are good, too, but I usually have to dilute them with sprite or some other lemon-lime soda.
I like alcohol. >>;

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:55 am
Princess Zelda21
Yuki_Windira

I've never tried Smornoff. What was the other kind you didn't like?

Blue Moon and a couple of other Ales and Beers.xD;  

Speedira Windira

Mind-boggling Bookworm

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:26 am
Queen Spazzy
I like Smirnoff. owo
Yum~
They have another flavor, some kind of peach, that my mum loves, but I can't drink it because it's dyed with red. :c
Meh, I'll stick to peach juice with peach schnapps instead of that stuff, prolly tastes 'bout the same.
Margaritas are good, too, but I usually have to dilute them with sprite or some other lemon-lime soda.
I like alcohol. >>;

o.o How many others do they have? ~found grape and apple~

schanpps? ~head tilt~  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:07 am
Yuki_Windira
Queen Spazzy
I like Smirnoff. owo
Yum~
I like alcohol. >>;

o.o How many others do they have? ~found grape and apple~

schanpps? ~head tilt~

They have several flavors, plus a few different varieties of vodka.
Lemme see if I can remember them...
Grape and apple, which you've had. The peach and cherry limeade I've mentioned. They have a blueberry lemonade variety that's pretty good. Uh, pineapple, strawberry acai, raspberry, mango, tropical fruit, and a screwdriver flavor.
I... think that's it for ready-to-drink stuff.
They have a bunch of different flavored vodkas, but, and I'm guessing your preferences here, they'd probably be a bit strong unless you mixed them with juice or soda; not that there's anything wrong with that, I usually mix anything higher than about 12 proof.
Added bonus of not getting drunk as quick and not generally suffering hangovers (at least not as severe) even if you do get drunk if you dilute your alcohol of choice. (dehydration is what causes hangovers, so if you're still sober enough to remember to drink water before you pass out or go to sleep, you'll never have to worry over them.)
Schnapps is a different type of alcoholic beverage, like tequila, rum, vodka, etc.
In general, it's harder (higher percentage of alcohol) than stuff like Smirnoff Ice and beer and what have you. It comes in a bunch of different flavors, but my favorites are peach and butterscotch. It'll still burn all the way down unless you mix it, though.
Peach schnapps is used to make the mixed drink known as a "fuzzy naval" (peach schnapps and orange juice is what goes in it). My mum likes to mix peach schnapps and peach soda to make what she calls "peachy peaches" but I switch out the soda for peach juice since I'm allergic to the red dye in the soda.
I, uh, I like to drink. And ramble. Obviously. >>;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:11 am
o.o That is quite a lot of flavors..  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:33 am
I've tried most of them, they're all pretty good, in my opinion.
I had to look up the flavors on their website because I couldn't remember them all. ^^;
They also list all their vodka flavors and recipes for mixed drinks, too. o3o

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:40 pm
This conversation reminds me to add Starbursts to the grocery list...xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:22 am
Blind Blindness
This conversation reminds me to add Starbursts to the grocery list...xD

Dude now I want Starbursts.... stare  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:48 am
I think the only one I can tolerate for now is an Angry Orchard. I actually tried sake once, but man did the strong smell remind me too much of nail polish remover! Ugh, I think I'll avoid any more of that for a good long time and stick with soda, juice or any other non-alcoholic drink instead of sake. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:15 pm
Princess Zelda21
I think the only one I can tolerate for now is an Angry Orchard. I actually tried sake once, but man did the strong smell remind me too much of nail polish remover! Ugh, I think I'll avoid any more of that for a good long time and stick with soda, juice or any other non-alcoholic drink instead of sake. xp

Have you tried Redd's Apple Ale?
I like it more than Angry Orchard because it tastes more apple-y to me, and Angry Orchard has a weird malt-y kind of taste to me.
You might also try Michelob's light cider; it's pretty close in taste to Angry Orchard, though it's more on the green apple side in taste.
(I prefer green apples, so I really love the taste)
Sake is a bit on the strong side, I definitely agree with that, but if you get high quality sake, it's not too bad. It still takes a certain palate to like it, though.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:30 pm
Queen Spazzy
Princess Zelda21

Have you tried Redd's Apple Ale?
I like it more than Angry Orchard because it tastes more apple-y to me, and Angry Orchard has a weird malt-y kind of taste to me.
You might also try Michelob's light cider; it's pretty close in taste to Angry Orchard, though it's more on the green apple side in taste.
(I prefer green apples, so I really love the taste)
Sake is a bit on the strong side, I definitely agree with that, but if you get high quality sake, it's not too bad. It still takes a certain palate to like it, though.

Honestly, no I haven't. I did try a fireball once, but it reminded me of those hot tamales candy with the flavor and it didn't taste too good to me. I don't drink alcoholic beverages much, which is very rarely. When I do, I end up drinking less than a full pint just to be safe. It's better if I don't end up going overboard, and I don't exactly want to find out what it's like to be drunk. Don't think I'd like that too well at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:10 pm
Princess Zelda21
Honestly, no I haven't. I did try a fireball once, but it reminded me of those hot tamales candy with the flavor and it didn't taste too good to me. I don't drink alcoholic beverages much, which is very rarely. When I do, I end up drinking less than a full pint just to be safe. It's better if I don't end up going overboard, and I don't exactly want to find out what it's like to be drunk. Don't think I'd like that too well at all.

I'm more of a social drinker than anything; I drink on holidays at home with my mum and every now and I'll drink with my beau and his family.
I'm a total lightweight, so I usually limit myself to just one drink, which is still enough to make me quite tipsy if I haven't eaten much; being drunk isn't something I much want to try, either, it just seems like it would be a rather unpleasant experience to me...

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:22 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge