A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Introduction Threads
OK, I guess I'll do one of these...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This is a poll about crafts. What do you enjoy?
Ceramics
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Paper crafts / Scrap booking
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Knitting
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Sewing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Crocheting
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Applique
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
What the hell is applique?!
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Embroidery
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Felting
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something else, please specify...
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Akichi Ren

Mewling Strawberry

13,525 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:58 am
Yes, right. I'm 30. What else. I'm Finnish. I live in Finland alone with my 3 cats. I'm basically a sort of a useless loiterer. I have a bunch of hobbies that allow me to strive for a perfectly hermit-like state of being. These include but aren't limited to dolls, dollhouses, writing, drawing, singing, photography, crafts (and I mean all crafts I can think of that I can afford... sewing, knitting, crocheting, applique, origami, card-making, wire and lacquer art, ceramics/pottery, felting, miniature furniture and prop making, paper flowers, decorating, bracelet-making, plushies... but I guess that's sewing... anyway), eating (though this sometimes requires going out for shopping cat_crying ), sleeping emotion_bigheart , playing with my cats, acting as a cat cushion, and last but not least: Sitting at the computer, which btw runs linux most of the time.

So yeah, hi. If there are like-minded geezers, feel free to come chat with me. I'm generally too afraid to go into the forums because there are a lot of people out there. cat_eek A lot of tiny people. cat_eek cat_eek They... scare me... with their... youth. cat_eek Halp! cat_eek  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:31 pm
*Right away notices the bold letters in 1st post.* ninja

Akichi Ren
I am insane but harmless ...

In that case, you should fit in just fine here. 3nodding The vast majority of us Geezers have varying levels of insanity from time to time. xd

Looks like you love to do crafts! I've dabbled in several myself over the years ... sewing, knitting, embroidery, crocheting and origami. Sewing was probably the one I liked most, but not so much nowadays due to my old sewing machine being in dire need of an overhaul. sweatdrop

And yeah, I don't blame you none for being afraid of the forums. I don't venture out there very much myself either.

*Looks around for my cats and hollers out ... * Kit kit kit kit!!! ... *Within moments, 2 4-month old kittens and 2 senior cats appear out of hiding.* 4laugh heart  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Akichi Ren

Mewling Strawberry

13,525 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:04 pm
Faerie KatrinaZ
*Right away notices the bold letters in 1st post.* ninja

Akichi Ren
I am insane but harmless ...

In that case, you should fit in just fine here. 3nodding The vast majority of us Geezers have varying levels of insanity from time to time. xd

Looks like you love to do crafts! I've dabbled in several myself over the years ... sewing, knitting, embroidery, crocheting and origami. Sewing was probably the one I liked most, but not so much nowadays due to my old sewing machine being in dire need of an overhaul. sweatdrop

And yeah, I don't blame you none for being afraid of the forums. I don't venture out there very much myself either.

*Looks around for my cats and hollers out ... * Kit kit kit kit!!! ... *Within moments, 2 4-month old kittens and 2 senior cats appear out of hiding.* 4laugh heart

Hehheh, spoiler alert!

Anyway, I mostly sew for my dolls, but I recently tried quilting and that was really not my thing. I made a queen sized bed spread, which turned out a bit... crooked. Well, you almost can't notice it, but I'll always know where the trouble spots are. cat_sweatdrop
I got a new Janome sewing machine a couple of years back. It's an older model and quite cheap, but very very sturdy and it has a lot of useful settings so I love it to bits. heart I ordered it from the UK, because that was actually cheaper than buying one locally (a Janome that is... they're not as common in Finland and I specifically wanted one because I heard they are pretty reliable). cat_3nodding I have a crafts blog here if you're interested. There's not much there yet and I often forget to post stuff I make... cat_sweatdrop I also post doll&miniature -related stuff here.
If you have crafts blogs to share, please do. I'd love to take a look. cat_smile

I also wrote a children's book last year (a picture book of dolls and drawings with some short story snippets in it). It's pod and I haven't made it public yet (it was a gift to my nephew) because it still needs revision, but it's something I'm proud of. It wasn't particularly wonderful, I don't think, but it gave me a sense of accomplishment. I also wrote a book in last year's nanowrimo (if you know what that is? http://www.nanowrimo.org ) and received the coupon code for 5 free copies... I should be receiving them any day now. I can't wait! I know it's not like I'm a published author just yet. It's all print-on-demand and anyone can do that. But it still feels more real than just having my texts on my computer. cat_sweatdrop
Anyone else a writer/author here? What are your experiences?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:45 pm
I love making jewelry and stuff. I work with hemp, beads, glass, wire, shells and resin based pendants.

Other than that, I occupy my time with art projects from my printmaking and ceramics classes at school. Those take up a lot of my time already though.

If I'm not doing either one of those things, I'm creating pop art pieces for local arts shows here in my hometown. They're a lot of fun smile

I like keeping busy and being crafty!

If you have a link to your crafty things like Etsy, Deviantart, Storenvy or Society6, let me know!  

Intempestus

Introduction Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff