TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:40 am
        Hello.

Right now I'm doing an apprenticeship which is a lot like working except you, apparantly, "learn on the job" which means you deserve less than NMW.

Sorry, I'm not meaning to rant about that. When I first got onto the apprenticeship I was estatic! I didn't care how much I was paid as I was happy I finally had a reason to get up in the morning. I didn't even care about the long hours. I was just so relieved and proud.

Well, the people that I work with are a family. It's Husband, Wife and Son (even their dog which I thought was really sweet) and I thought it was going to be great.

I was wrong. They blame me for everything. I gladly take responsibility for my own mistakes and try my damned hardest to learn from them but they blame me for things I haven't even done or what they've done!

For example, today my boss literally stormed out of the office when I tried to correct a mistake he made. He made an appointment for something, and booked it in to be completed for tomorow. Today, I reminded him of said appointment as I needed the details to update the company database with the appointment. He asked me why I made the appointment and that it didn't make sense. I told him that it was him who made the appointment but he adamantly denied it. The mother and son didn't try to defend me even though they were both there on Friday when he made the damn appointment.

I asked him if he would like the appointment to be cancelled, as I didn't want the poor lad to go all the way to the location if there was no point and he just got up and walked out and I didn't see him for the rest of the day.

He's done this a few times. Just got up and walked out.

I'm there to learn and if he didn't want to teach then why the fudge did he take on an apprentice!?

I just keep thinking that they're going to fire me.
        I try so hard. I arrive at work 15 minutes before them because of my bus timetable so I make sure the computers are up and running, I never try to bother them (as I feel like, if I do, they don't like it) and I work hard. They give me a ton of work to do everyday and just leave me to get on with it. I'm like "Help?" They even leave me alone during my designated "Workbook" hour which they and my mentor agreed upon when I started. This is the work where I need their help in order to answer the questions (such as company policies and procedures which I just did myself in the end)

I hope I'm not sounding spoilt or annoying. I just wish they'd help me and not blame me for everything. I feel sad being there.

Sorry for the long post...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:13 am
That's horrible!
I would not have any patience for that, seriously.
You're not over reacting, they're just terrible.

You could find something better than that D:
I know I would :b  

Malice Melantha

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:33 pm
x Rawr Ana x
That's horrible!

Thank you!
        I'm so glad it's not just in my head!
        My mum told me to tell my mentor which I will tomorrow.
        I want to stay there and learn, I really do!
        I'm just worried that they'll think that I'm constantly making the mistakes (which I really am not! I do make mistakes but not all the time!) and then fire me.
        I'd be gutted.

Gah! Sorry! I know I should try harder and I don't mean to moan.
        I will definitely have a word with my mentor and, if I'm brave enough with the boss man himself. gonk

EDIT: Woops! Didn't mean to post it in "Shout" style, hehe! sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:42 pm
I wish you the best of luck in getting everything sorted out.  

I Love Bad Puns

Friendly Shapeshifter

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:19 pm
k i r a i g o u
x Rawr Ana x
That's horrible!

Thank you!
        I'm so glad it's not just in my head!
        My mum told me to tell my mentor which I will tomorrow.
        I want to stay there and learn, I really do!
        I'm just worried that they'll think that I'm constantly making the mistakes (which I really am not! I do make mistakes but not all the time!) and then fire me.
        I'd be gutted.

Gah! Sorry! I know I should try harder and I don't mean to moan.
        I will definitely have a word with my mentor and, if I'm brave enough with the boss man himself. gonk

EDIT: Woops! Didn't mean to post it in "Shout" style, hehe! sweatdrop

Maybe you should try to speak to your mentor about it, in front of your boss, you can get two things done at once, like hold a meeting for all of you. Then maybe your mentor can correct your boss for his behavior right on the spot. If your boss keeps saying you make a lot of mistakes, just tell him you aren't super human, and mistakes happen. Tell him you honestly try the best you can, and positive feedback can help, negativity can make people nervous and make more mistakes. I volunteer at this shelter and we have a really intimidating staff member who I always make mistakes around, just because I'm trying so hard not to get in her way, or annoy her. DX  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:48 am
Did everything work out?
I hope so!  

Nanami.x.Yuki

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:19 am
Nanami.x.Yuki
Did everything work out?
I hope so!

Thanks, Nanami.
        Sadly, it didn't.
        My mentor is really good and really stuck up for me but they still think that I'm to blame when mistakes arise. >:
        The issue is, is that I'm here to learn and I feel like I'm not learning anything.

I don't think they like me and I don't think it's going to work out.
        I don't want to quit or get fired but I'm not learning anything by being here!
        I'm just given work to do and not given enough information on how to do it.

*sigh* I really wanted to do this. Now I just feel sad and worried for the future.
        They want me to know what to do but sadly that's not always the case.
        When I'm given something I've never done before of course I'm going to need a little guidance and help on how to do it.

In the end, I just don't think they have time for me.
        Sorry for the rant... >:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:20 am
I Love Bad Puns

I'm so sorry!
        I completely missed your post!
        Thank you for your kind words.

Also, I love your signature! The Gamer Poop episodes are so funny. xp

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

I Love Bad Puns

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:51 am
k i r a i g o u
I Love Bad Puns

I'm so sorry!

Haha, it's okay. You're welcome 3nodding and yes xD It was the first gamer poop episode I saw and it was so funny ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:06 am
I Love Bad Puns
k i r a i g o u
I Love Bad Puns

I'm so sorry!

Haha, it's okay. You're welcome 3nodding and yes xD It was the first gamer poop episode I saw and it was so funny ^^

Thank you! ^-^

I think the Oblivion ones were the first ones that I saw, hehe!
        Then, after that I just couldn't stop watching 'em!

Always good for a giggle!

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

chierisuu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:40 am
k i r a i g o u

Hello there c:
Well it does sound like your boss is unable to admit his mistake for fear of losing face and to hold the sense of authority.

Have you directly asked them for help before ? If they do not even help you then , there is definitely a problem. After all, you are there to learn and if you learn nothing it defeats the purpose.

Is there any similar place where you could do your apprenticeship at ?

p.s you watch sherlock ? emotion_c8  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:28 pm
k i r a i g o u
Nanami.x.Yuki
Did everything work out?
I hope so!

Thanks, Nanami.
        Sadly, it didn't.
        My mentor is really good and really stuck up for me but they still think that I'm to blame when mistakes arise. >:
        The issue is, is that I'm here to learn and I feel like I'm not learning anything.

*sigh* I really wanted to do this. Now I just feel sad and worried for the future.
        When I'm given something I've never done before of course I'm going to need a little guidance and help on how to do it.

Sorry for the rant... >:

Oh no! I was hoping they would whip into shape! However, if it is truly not working out then you should not feel like a quitter if you quit. There is a difference between quitting due to laziness and not giving it a chance and quitting due to realizing that the work is not going to be that helpful in the long run.  

Nanami.x.Yuki

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:46 am
chierisuu
k i r a i g o u

Hello there c:
Well it does sound like your boss is unable to admit his mistake for fear of losing face and to hold the sense of authority.

Have you directly asked them for help before ? If they do not even help you then , there is definitely a problem. After all, you are there to learn and if you learn nothing it defeats the purpose.

Is there any similar place where you could do your apprenticeship at ?

p.s you watch sherlock ? emotion_c8

That's what I thought, too.

I've asked them for help in things such as "Witness Statements" and the policys and procedures of the work place when it comes to filling in my work book. When I'm doing my work though I've asked for help quite a few times and it just seems like they're not happy to teach me, or they don't like when I ask questions on it. At least, that's how I feel.

O: Good question! I've never even thought of that!
        I'll ask my mentor on Monday.
        That'll be so great it I could!! Thank you! *crossesfingers*

EDIT: Woops! Got a little carried away in that last part that I forgot about your Sherlock question, hehe!
        Yes, I watch it and love it! emotion_drool

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:54 am
Nanami.x.Yuki
k i r a i g o u
Nanami.x.Yuki
Did everything work out?
I hope so!

Thanks, Nanami.
        Sadly, it didn't.

Sorry for the rant... >:

Oh no! I was hoping they would whip into shape! However, if it is truly not working out then you should not feel like a quitter if you quit. There is a difference between quitting due to laziness and not giving it a chance and quitting due to realizing that the work is not going to be that helpful in the long run.

Thank you so much, Nanami. emotion_hug
        You've been really sweet for keeping in touch.
        I was really worried about the thought of quitting, still am, but I'm going to try my best to persevere through this and get my qualification! My mentor even said that she believes me to be bright so I know she'll back me up if they fired me or anything.

What I mean to say is, if they want me gone they'll have to fire me because I'm not going to leave without my qualification! >.<

(I think I've been listening to too much 'empowering' music) ;^o^

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

chierisuu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:34 am
k i r a i g o u

That's what I thought, too.

I've asked them for help in things such as "Witness Statements" and the policys and procedures of the work place when it comes to filling in my work book. When I'm doing my work though I've asked for help quite a few times and it just seems like they're not happy to teach me, or they don't like when I ask questions on it. At least, that's how I feel.

O: Good question! I've never even thought of that!
        I'll ask my mentor on Monday.
        That'll be so great it I could!! Thank you! *crossesfingers*

EDIT: Woops! Got a little carried away in that last part that I forgot about your Sherlock question, hehe!
        Yes, I watch it and love it! emotion_drool

They are rather reluctant to teach you the ropes apparently >O< its not your fault though you can't do much about that !

Your welcome ! All the best, i hope its possible ! emotion_bigheart

me as well emotion_kirakira can't wait for S3 emotion_0A0  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas