Reply Ideas/ feedback
Dear Admin folk

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[g-M]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:24 pm
I've just started posting on here tonight but I do hope to be fairly active. Feel free to delete this as it's not really an idea, just a few observations, but there was nowhere else to post it.

On the rules page you state you want to keep swearing to a minimum as it is 'vile'. However you play with the idea of sacrificing people to a dark lord. rolleyes

You also state 'statistic show that female gaming number is greater then males'
I am very interested, legitimately, to know your source for these stats. I'm not saying a negative word about the gender of gamers, I was just under the impression there are more male gamers.

Finally, in nearly every announcement I have read you have warned in quite strong terms against trolling or spamming. I'm not sure if you have had major issues with this in the past, but you seem to be forcing the issue too much in my opinion.

Please don't take any of these things the wrong way, I'm just being pedantic for the most part.

-G.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:35 pm
1) Hey, even the dark lord needs some common courtesy every once in a while wink

2) While I'm not 100% sure why it says 'greater', statistics do indeed show females are indeed around half the market now so its pretty even playing fields. I think where they say its greater is that in certain age boundaries and such.

3) While currently we don't experience a huge amount of trolling, its just a friendly reminder to newcomers and such.  

English_Biscuit
Crew

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

A New God

Familiar Survivor

10,100 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:38 pm
Even though I'm not an admin I would like to give my 2 cents into the stuff you've addressed.

I honestly wonder how minimum is minimum with the guild, because I swear like there's no tomorrow. Though I don't consider it a vile/bad habit. It's just how I am, but if I know how minimum is minimum I'll adjust.

Also I think the 'statistic show that female gaming number is greater then males' was maybe some ploy to make females of the guild feel better about being a gamer, I'm not sure. And I'm under the impression that males outnumber females when it comes to gaming, especially on the 360.

So yeah that's my 2cents, don't take it personally lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:49 pm
Sacrificing isn't swearing, nor is it bad.
So, we aren't violating our own Rules, see?
Now I'm not saying to stop cursing, or just drop the whole thing but not to make it a constant. Per say a sentence full of nothing but curses.
That's a no go for me and the others

It is hard to say- but with my own experience. I've met more girls than guys. Plus, just because the girls do game, guys do tend to get butt hurt and proceed to either hit on us or 'drive' us away from the game.
We may be in hiding, as many would say but we exist.
Back to the subject on this. Its not fully stated, but I've had others tell me that finding girl gamers is much greater than finding male gamers now a days.
I'm not saying actual statistic, I'm saying my own along with the guild statistics- there are more females then males.

I have a huge issue with trolling and spamming. It has been a problem in the past- to which it drove an admin out of our guild because someone had nothing nice to say and took to trolling her page with hate due to her love for a not so familiar game.
I am forcing it cause I will not stand for it. If you do not like this- you are welcome to find a guild that doesn't press this.

Now, I just like to remind you- this is an idea corner. Meaning if you have any ideas to making our guild better you may post it
Something like this isn't exactly allowed here. In fact, such thing is more so meant to be PM'd to one of the many leads of this guild.
I'll let it pass though- Since it was brought to my attention.

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

[g-M]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:21 pm
I must say I think I have a hugely biased sample size on my collection of Xbox and PC games. Anyway I'll stop ruining your ideas forum now.
Feel free to delete this thread.  
Ideas/ feedback

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff