Submit

An Empty Bag of Skittles

Fashionable Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:00 am
Hello, before I am kicked for having less than five posts, I'd like to offer an opinion on how to improve.

1. Guilds aren't a business. New people aren't a commodity, you cannot expect things to run like a well oiled machine.

2. First impressions are important. The reason I've never posted more than once is because I didn't follow a rule which wasn't clearly outlined to begin with and then bumrushed with no less than three PMs telling me against the contrary.

3. Guilds are run by everyone. From the lowliest member to the highest, everyone should hold a valid opinion.

Just some small things to consider. I've been keeping up with the guild on a reading basis and don't post because really, I feel intimidated to. That's really how I came off with the entire situation.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:02 pm
Mm. I think this is a fairly valid criticism.

I've spoken to Program Virus and Silent Cannibal about this, and in my opinion, there's not really much reason to chat here instead of in the Gaming Discussion forum, where for the most part, people are just coming up with more interesting topics.

This guild needs a little more direction, I think, in terms of becoming a unique commodity that actually gives its members a reason to come here instead of the GD forums.

EDIT: Case in point: this thread. I just... I didn't know how to respond to this guy, because there was no discussion.  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

An Empty Bag of Skittles

Fashionable Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:07 pm
Blademaster Banryu
Mm. I think this is a fairly valid criticism.

I've spoken to Program Virus and Silent Cannibal about this, and in my opinion, there's not really much reason to chat here instead of in the Gaming Discussion forum, where for the most part, people are just coming up with more interesting topics.

This guild needs a little more direction, I think, in terms of becoming a unique commodity that actually gives its members a reason to come here instead of the GD forums.

EDIT: Case in point: this thread. I just... I didn't know how to respond to this guy, because there was no discussion.

Honestly, I would love to discuss games with all of you are set up online play between members who have the same games. At the core, I like the guild. Then again there is a strange mixture of stagnation and urgency with each announcement. Those running it are aware there is a problem but believe it's to do with the user base...

It's not really. If you were chosen (as I was) randomly through PM, what are we to do? You tell us to post but when we do its in the face of an arbitrary rule or not interesting.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:41 pm
An Empty Bag of Skittles

We are not really expecting such, to be honest but it wouldn't kill to be active. Guilds do tend to run on activity of its members.
Even if you cannot find a forum to respond to, you are allowed to make your own and start your own discussion. That simple.

If there is a problem with a rule you do not understand, you can always PM one of the leads (if not myself since I'm usually and stalking around our guild) about it and we can discuss what the problem is. Unless you are talking about doing so to another lead?

3. Opinions are accepted but trolling/hating/spamming aren't opinions. Just a reminder.
It is run by everyone but it cannot be done as so if no one is posting and we have a lot of inactive users. Which is why I made it known that posting (whether its your own discussion or replying to one.) is a thing that is appreciated.
Your criticism/opinion has been noted. Thank you.
I'm surely going to spread this among the leads (because truthfully, I'm growing tired of being the only one keeping up with everyone posts and having the other leads brush it off x-x)

Blademaster Banryu

I understand that the gaming discussion might seem the better place, but this place was created to bring people closer together. More so in the gaming world as most would say.
Not to mention, to allow easier access to becoming friends, keeping up with others on gaming news and other things that are slowly progressing through our guild. Its a slow process but there's not much we can fully do.
v u v I cannot say much besides, I am sorry the guild isn't the best thing.
Its a slowly growing place, with a leads that aren't as helpful as you think.
(Sure they post about but they rarely give feed backs or any of that sorts..Yeah I'm the only one doing this currently)

I apologize for the not so well thread. ><;...there really isn't much I can say..besides..
I think its time the rule are redone so threads like that aren't created. I guess

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

An Empty Bag of Skittles

Fashionable Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:48 pm
Silent cannibal
An Empty Bag of Skittles

We are not really expecting such, to be honest but it wouldn't kill to be active. Guilds do tend to run on activity of its members.
Even if you cannot find a forum to respond to, you are allowed to make your own and start your own discussion. That simple.

If there is a problem with a rule you do not understand, you can always PM one of the leads (if not myself since I'm usually and stalking around our guild) about it and we can discuss what the problem is. Unless you are talking about doing so to another lead?

3. Opinions are accepted but trolling/hating/spamming aren't opinions. Just a reminder.
It is run by everyone but it cannot be done as so if no one is posting and we have a lot of inactive users. Which is why I made it known that posting (whether its your own discussion or replying to one.) is a thing that is appreciated.
Your criticism/opinion has been noted. Thank you.
I'm surely going to spread this among the leads (because truthfully, I'm growing tired of being the only one keeping up with everyone posts and having the other leads brush it off x-x)

Blademaster Banryu

I understand that the gaming discussion might seem the better place, but this place was created to bring people closer together. More so in the gaming world as most would say.
Not to mention, to allow easier access to becoming friends, keeping up with others on gaming news and other things that are slowly progressing through our guild. Its a slow process but there's not much we can fully do.
v u v I cannot say much besides, I am sorry the guild isn't the best thing.
Its a slowly growing place, with a leads that aren't as helpful as you think.
(Sure they post about but they rarely give feed backs or any of that sorts..Yeah I'm the only one doing this currently)

I apologize for the not so well thread. ><;...there really isn't much I can say..besides..
I think its time the rule are redone so threads like that aren't created. I guess

Not to step on any toes but you seem genuinely unhappy with the others who are supposed to be helping you with guild policy, thread maintenance, etc. Anyways if there is a schism within guild leadership, it will not improve and it the everyday members will notice the unease.

I think there should be a thread for open discussion between yourselves that everyone else can add input into if needed. If the group is to exist it can't be one person harried with the entire workload. I suggest coming up with a well implemented chain of responsibility so everyone in the lead has their 'chores' and gets it done. If not, you know who the problem is and can take steps to correct it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:09 pm
An Empty Bag of Skittles

Truthfully, I am unhappy with how things are coming along.
As for guild chores, sharing it with others is why I'm actually gathering people for the crew spot to help since the other leads aren't doing their job as much as I am.

I'm not trying to say anything bad of the guild leads (since I'm dating the head guy, and the other is just a friend of his who I do not know) but even if I was to possibly bring up such thing, they kinda do go unnoticed/ ignored because they rarely put inputs.

Like this whole forum thing for idea. It was my overall idea to put this together in hopes to make the guild better..if possible...
I brought it to them to see if they liked it. All I got was "Yes" "Yea sure, just make a name for it"
e ue not helpful- and its the same thing for the rules.
I created them (as horribly as they are written) with no feed backs from the others.

The workload honestly wasn't like this, in fact the head was the one doing most of it in his own way, he dragged my attention back to the guild because the increase of guild members. I told him I'd help in being active in the guild and assist in any other thing, which lead to me doing the work and them pretty much disappearing (besides the occasional small posts from them) x-x;

Sorry, I don't mean to complain sweatdrop
Just letting it be known that I am, In fact the one trying to keep order within the guild- even if it makes it seem like I'm a dictator or something x-x; I mean not to be...

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

An Empty Bag of Skittles

Fashionable Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:30 pm
Silent cannibal
An Empty Bag of Skittles

Truthfully, I am unhappy with how things are coming along.
As for guild chores, sharing it with others is why I'm actually gathering people for the crew spot to help since the other leads aren't doing their job as much as I am.

I'm not trying to say anything bad of the guild leads (since I'm dating the head guy, and the other is just a friend of his who I do not know) but even if I was to possibly bring up such thing, they kinda do go unnoticed/ ignored because they rarely put inputs.

Like this whole forum thing for idea. It was my overall idea to put this together in hopes to make the guild better..if possible...
I brought it to them to see if they liked it. All I got was "Yes" "Yea sure, just make a name for it"
e ue not helpful- and its the same thing for the rules.
I created them (as horribly as they are written) with no feed backs from the others.

The workload honestly wasn't like this, in fact the head was the one doing most of it in his own way, he dragged my attention back to the guild because the increase of guild members. I told him I'd help in being active in the guild and assist in any other thing, which lead to me doing the work and them pretty much disappearing (besides the occasional small posts from them) x-x;

Sorry, I don't mean to complain sweatdrop
Just letting it be known that I am, In fact the one trying to keep order within the guild- even if it makes it seem like I'm a dictator or something x-x; I mean not to be...

I have some suggestions to make and you can bounce things off of me if you want. I don't hold an official capacity but I'm a good listener 3nodding

Ok my first thing is, and I know this has already been a source of ire,a non video game section of forum. I know, it's already been stated as not going to happen, but let me explain why it's important. As gamers a lot of us are restricted to things we have or are interested in. I only have a PS3. This restricts me to talking about PS3 games, or games I've played as a kid. I can only interact with posters within that narrow window, meaning I'd have little to no interaction with huge portions of forum members out of sheer necessity.

With lifestyle/everyday threads it opens more possibilities. I'm not saying making the guild our own personal blogs but you can't possibly expect much interaction out of the niche of PS3 and older games for myself. As it stands the guild feels separated because there is no connecting thread to bring us all together.

Something to consider.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:52 pm
An Empty Bag of Skittles

I honestly will probably go about the guild in my own way and not care what the other guild leads say since they aren't doing much xD

I wasn't all for it due to the main lead wanting it to be all about gaming. It has come to my attention however that not everyone in our guild holds countless games like others do.
I myself, as an xbox gamer don't hold much in my library so I can't exactly talk to others unless they're talking about a game I've played myself or least was told of >< even then, its an iffy thing for me cause I can't put much into the discussion.

Yours and the others idea of such are now in consideration.
(more less probably going to happen cause I don't see much harm to this now) if it allows others to become more friendly towards each other along with expand the chatter/ discussion. ^^;

if the other heads have a complaint over it, they're just gonna have to suck it up since they aren't doing anything for this guild = w =

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

A New God

Familiar Survivor

10,100 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:50 pm
She does have legitimate opinions, some I can understand. Also was there really a point to add the gaming news subforum? Because at one point in the last few months of this guild every other topic were drowned out by a mass posting of news.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:19 am
AS Val
She does have legitimate opinions, some I can understand. Also was there really a point to add the gaming news subforum? Because at one point in the last few months of this guild every other topic were drowned out by a mass posting of news.

There was a need for it to keep it from flooding our main page and to have people easily access it rather then attempting to find it else where.
If there is 'news' within the other forums, I will see to it they are moved into their respected areas.
Just- be patient I suppose. I am the only one doing such- or rather the only one doing any form of actual work in this guild x-x

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

An Empty Bag of Skittles

Fashionable Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:33 am
Sexually Delicious
I was thinking similarly.

Like, the people who haven't posted here being kicked for not posting here; I'm fairly certain they don't care. They're just going to continue not posting here anyways, so why just let their names boost the guild numbers?

Kinda hard to post when someone's breathing down your neck for one. But I digress.

Guilds are very hard to keep alive, especially ones that aren't about spamming or RP'ing, and forcing people to post to stay in this dying guild is just promoting useless spam.

Oh, I'm going to be kicked tomorrow, better go post "akjewbralhrber" in a few topics before that happens.

There's really no need to be so antagonistic about everything. If you have problems, this is an open forum of discussion. It's why I posted. I didn't like the fact that despite there being a rush to get posts in, my first thread was deleted, not moved, and I was condescendingly told not to do it again.

That all sounds bad but, I was breaking a rule in the first place. If you do not agree with rules, it's okay to dispute them with people in a calm and collected manner. If you act like a brat, any measure of respect goes along with that.I think the guild has great promise but I think we all need to work together to make it a good place to hang out at. If rules are intersecting with fun, maybe they will be redecided. That's how a democratic process works! Rules shouldn't work for the few but the whole. If you outline all of your problems here I bet someone will read and try to work toward a compromise.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:45 am
Sexually Delicious
An Empty Bag of Skittles
Sexually Delicious
I was thinking similarly.

Like, the people who haven't posted here being kicked for not posting here; I'm fairly certain they don't care. They're just going to continue not posting here anyways, so why just let their names boost the guild numbers?

Kinda hard to post when someone's breathing down your neck for one. But I digress.

Guilds are very hard to keep alive, especially ones that aren't about spamming or RP'ing, and forcing people to post to stay in this dying guild is just promoting useless spam.

Oh, I'm going to be kicked tomorrow, better go post "akjewbralhrber" in a few topics before that happens.

There's really no need to be so antagonistic about everything. If you have problems, this is an open forum of discussion. It's why I posted. I didn't like the fact that despite there being a rush to get posts in, my first thread was deleted, not moved, and I was condescendingly told not to do it again.

That all sounds bad but, I was breaking a rule in the first place. If you do not agree with rules, it's okay to dispute them with people in a calm and collected manner. If you act like a brat, any measure of respect goes along with that.I think the guild has great promise but I think we all need to work together to make it a good place to hang out at. If rules are intersecting with fun, maybe they will be redecided. That's how a democratic process works! Rules shouldn't work for the few but the whole. If you outline all of your problems here I bet someone will read and try to work toward a compromise.

Wasn't being antagonistic; simply pointing out how absurd it seems to me.

...No, actually, the tone of what you wrote just seemed incredibly passive aggressive. Maybe you didn't actually mean it that way but sometimes feelings like that just come out.  

An Empty Bag of Skittles

Fashionable Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Ideas/ feedback

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers