Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Singin' in the rain (except, not really)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:46 pm
“Pray don't talk to me about the weather, Mr. Worthing. Whenever people talk to me about the weather, I always feel quite certain that they mean something else. And that makes me quite nervous.”― Oscar Wilde

This is more literal, though. I just got back from a walk in a summer rainstorm, and (predictably) was thinking about the weather in general.

I love being out in heavy rain, as long as it's warm, not overly windy, and I'm not on my way to work (or anywhere else where I wouldn't want to look drowned). Oh, and not getting hit by lightning is also a plus.

As much as I like the idea of a sunny day, I actually don't enjoy being out in the sunshine when it's hot, and soon find myself wishing for a little bit of cloud-cover or a good breeze. Then again, I live in a place that's nicknamed the Fog City, so I really shouldn't complain about the handful of hot, sunny days that we actually get.

Snow is great. Sometimes. Like, the first nice snow storm in the winter is pretty awesome. The novelty wears off pretty quickly, though, what with the constant shovelling and snow-clearing, and dangerously slippery roads and side-walks. Yeah, actually, ******** snow...

So, guildies. Tell me about the weather where you live. What kind of weather do you like (or loathe), and how does it affect your mood? Is your town or city known for any kind of weather in particular? Do you live in a region that gets hit by meteorological disasters (hurricanes, tornadoes, plagues of locusts, etc.)

“Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation.”― Kim Hubbard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:13 am
I live in New Hampshire, USA. The common saying about discussing our weather is "Wait Five Minutes"...

Fall is our most popular season for leaf-peeping. We are slammed for a good six weeks with tourists every year who come up to our state to enjoy the scenery.

Fall and Winter are my most favorite times of the year because I am less sick. To go from color changes to a beautiful blanket of snow is truly the most beautiful thing to see!

Spring and Summer I am more sick with respiratory infections these seasons and Im just outright miserable.  

Wixandrettas

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff