Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music
Sight And Sound: Noah Production

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:12 pm
Has anyone ever gone to a Sight and Sound play production (the one I went to was in PA); I totally recommend it; I saw Noah and it was really good; while watching it I never realized how closely the story of Noah resembles the End Times- the situations are almost identical. I know it's a play and so there is some dramatization, and I haven't read the story of Noah in a while but does anyone else see a correlation?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:28 am
Luke 17:25-27
25But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation. 26And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

I am going to look around for a good bible study on this because it is an interesting topic. ^^  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:01 pm
I would like to have a study on this also, it really caught my attention during the play; some of the dialogue the actors were saying sounded almost identical to what's being said today about "progress", "bigots", persecuting believers and such  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:07 pm
Quote:
I know it's a play and so there is some dramatization, and I haven't read the story of Noah in a while but does anyone else see a correlation?

Personally, I don't see much of a correlation since God promised to not flood the Earth again. In the respects of environmental changes, I honestly see more of a correlation with Moses and the end times than with Noah I suppose because we see locusts, blood, frogs, swarms, hail, etc. a good link of the correlation is http://www.psalm11918.org/Articles/Topical/Exodus-Plagues-Mirrored-in-Revelation.html.

If you're looking at it as people probably thought Noah was crazy and insane building this huge ship because a flood was coming then yeah - there's a correlation since Noah was rejected by people being among the last of the righteous. Also, everyone in the end that was not for God was to be destroyed. So in certain senses, they are similar.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items