Beloved Enabler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:17 pm
Welcome to Rayne's Rant Thread!

Is something bothering you?
Have a bad day?
Got a few FMLs?
Need to just get it off your chest?
This is the place!!

If you'd like advice, I'll just say now that this is not going to be the place for it smile
Head over to the Life Issues Forum for that!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:18 pm
What prompted this thread:

I know that sometimes you need a good rant session to make yourself feel better about things
Sometimes you just need to see your words and thoughts out there in order to get a handle on what you should do about the situation
Sometimes you need to release some steam before you explode and end up doing something regrettable (like smacking some b**ches)

This is my story:
I have a friend who I like in a romantic sense... but he is currently in a relationship. His girlfriend lives on the other side of the country (USA) and is trying to move near him. I'm trying to help them, simply because this whole thing is stressing him out and I am his friend and feel the need to be friend like and help him. Because I'm trying so, so hard not to think of him in a romantic sense. I am trying so, so hard to just be a friend.
She's looking for an apartment in a very specific area, and refuses to look outside of that area because it's near museums that she wants to work at. Keep in mind that she doesn't have any jobs lined up her, and is planning on living on a budget until she gets one. And her and the bf don't plan on living together at first, so now she needs an apartment, a roommate, and a job. On top of the fact that she refuses to drive. My state is not walker/biker friendly... at all. Especially during the winter time. She REFUSES to listen to either of us on this fact. We are NATIVES of this place, we know what we are talking about @#$(*%^*&%#!!!!!!!
But the main stressor for me is that I know what it's like to move to another state to live with a boyfriend. I know all of the ups and downs. And I tried to be very, very nice and explain that this will more than likely not work out, considering that they are both not financially well off. And they are already having relationship issues due to this move, but his thought process is "well, things are great when we are together, we just need to be together and things will work out". As someone who just ended a two year relationship that was mostly based on that rational... I know that that is not the case. Because the little things that irk you when you are apart are magnified when you are living in the same space.

AND on top of all of this, she knows that I'm helping him. She was looking at me as a potential roommate and I'm BUSTING MY BEHIND to help them both out here and offering everything I can... and she HASN'T THANKED ME ONCE. He has, but nothing from her at all. I offered her my bike since she doesn't drive. I have sent her a million job leads and apartments and everything I could find that might help them... and NOTHING. Like... WTF?!?!

And they want me to be a roommate for her.
This girl that doesn't have any concept of reality. This child who might not be able to find a job or keep the apartment.
I wish that I could just beat some sense into these people.

Of course, it doesn't help that I'm waiting on the side lines, eating popcorn and waiting for it all to come crashing and burning down. Because as much as I'm trying to help, I'm an awful person

you are my disease

Beloved Enabler

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:59 pm
you are my disease
What prompted this thread:

I know that sometimes you need a good rant session to make yourself feel better about things
Sometimes you just need to see your words and thoughts out there in order to get a handle on what you should do about the situation
Sometimes you need to release some steam before you explode and end up doing something regrettable (like smacking some b**ches)

This is my story:
I have a friend who I like in a romantic sense... but he is currently in a relationship. His girlfriend lives on the other side of the country (USA) and is trying to move near him. I'm trying to help them, simply because this whole thing is stressing him out and I am his friend and feel the need to be friend like and help him. Because I'm trying so, so hard not to think of him in a romantic sense. I am trying so, so hard to just be a friend.
She's looking for an apartment in a very specific area, and refuses to look outside of that area because it's near museums that she wants to work at. Keep in mind that she doesn't have any jobs lined up her, and is planning on living on a budget until she gets one. And her and the bf don't plan on living together at first, so now she needs an apartment, a roommate, and a job. On top of the fact that she refuses to drive. My state is not walker/biker friendly... at all. Especially during the winter time. She REFUSES to listen to either of us on this fact. We are NATIVES of this place, we know what we are talking about @#$(*%^*&%#!!!!!!!
But the main stressor for me is that I know what it's like to move to another state to live with a boyfriend. I know all of the ups and downs. And I tried to be very, very nice and explain that this will more than likely not work out, considering that they are both not financially well off. And they are already having relationship issues due to this move, but his thought process is "well, things are great when we are together, we just need to be together and things will work out". As someone who just ended a two year relationship that was mostly based on that rational... I know that that is not the case. Because the little things that irk you when you are apart are magnified when you are living in the same space.

AND on top of all of this, she knows that I'm helping him. She was looking at me as a potential roommate and I'm BUSTING MY BEHIND to help them both out here and offering everything I can... and she HASN'T THANKED ME ONCE. He has, but nothing from her at all. I offered her my bike since she doesn't drive. I have sent her a million job leads and apartments and everything I could find that might help them... and NOTHING. Like... WTF?!?!

And they want me to be a roommate for her.
This girl that doesn't have any concept of reality. This child who might not be able to find a job or keep the apartment.
I wish that I could just beat some sense into these people.

Of course, it doesn't help that I'm waiting on the side lines, eating popcorn and waiting for it all to come crashing and burning down. Because as much as I'm trying to help, I'm an awful person

Hmm, I see one really tangled mess there. What about their parents? Have they tried giving any sort of help besides just you? Sorry if I'm bugging you. ^_^*  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:04 pm
Princess Zelda21

Hmm, I see one really tangled mess there. What about their parents? Have they tried giving any sort of help besides just you? Sorry if I'm bugging you. ^_^*

You aren't x3
I don't know about their parents, but from what I've had to deal with so far, I'd say that I'm the only one helping them

It's just so frustrating because she won't listen to either of us about anything
And I'm worried that she's going to drag him down with her once all her money is gone and she has no job (because my state has REALLY high unemployment rates)

you are my disease

Beloved Enabler

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:27 pm
you are my disease
Princess Zelda21

You aren't x3
I don't know about their parents, but from what I've had to deal with so far, I'd say that I'm the only one helping them

It's just so frustrating because she won't listen to either of us about anything
And I'm worried that she's going to drag him down with her once all her money is gone and she has no job (because my state has REALLY high unemployment rates)

I hear you there. What's with her and being so stubborn? It's called growing up and taking responsibility of course. I always wanted to have a job myself, but I honestly just don't know what I want to do. Maybe I'll stick to taking a few classes in college for now or something. Stupid unemployment rates! XP  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:46 am
Princess Zelda21
I hear you there. What's with her and being so stubborn? It's called growing up and taking responsibility of course. I always wanted to have a job myself, but I honestly just don't know what I want to do. Maybe I'll stick to taking a few classes in college for now or something. Stupid unemployment rates! XP

I'm waiting for her to get here, use up all her money and still not have a job or at least not one that is going to pay the bills, and have to fly home.
That's one of the reasons I am not being her roommate, because I don't want to get locked into a lease with someone who has no money. Because I can not afford an apartment on my own.

I told them to have her come here for a month, job hunt like crazy, and if nothing pops up, then she'll have to go home. I think that's the best, less stressful option. But I think I made myself the bad guy for saying so.

you are my disease

Beloved Enabler

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:50 pm
you are my disease
I'm waiting for her to get here, use up all her money and still not have a job or at least not one that is going to pay the bills, and have to fly home.
That's one of the reasons I am not being her roommate, because I don't want to get locked into a lease with someone who has no money. Because I can not afford an apartment on my own.

I told them to have her come here for a month, job hunt like crazy, and if nothing pops up, then she'll have to go home. I think that's the best, less stressful option. But I think I made myself the bad guy for saying so.

I see what you mean. Sometimes it's not easy dealing with people who can't act right or be responsible. I think what you suggested to her is a good thing to start with. Don't feel so bad though, sometimes you gotta be tough on people like that. I'll be praying for you, hope things turn out for the best.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:01 pm
Another rant for me:

I was supposed to have plans with said male friend from above post today. We were going to go play pool.
But he decided that he couldn't go, because he is too stressed out and has too much to do for himself, his gf, and his other job (family business). So I decided that I was going to go spend some time in my favorite spot on a rock wall/harbor thing near my house

Only, the area was flooded pretty badly. Being me, I waded through the thigh deep water and made it to the wall with no issues. Well... on the way back, the water was a little higher and there were more people around fishing. The clouds were hiding the sun, so it was hard to see all of the rocks under the water so I was going really slow. Well.. during the last few feet of slippery rocks... I slipped and ended up soaking myself.. and my phone and mp3 player

So now I'm down a mp3 player, and had to spend $100+ on a new phone >.<"
I love the phone though, so it's all good... just not for my bank account which is hurting right now because I just spent about $200 on things I needed/a present for my birthday.

So it tries out that it's a good thing my plans got canceled, because now I can't afford to go out until next pay check sweatdrop

you are my disease

Beloved Enabler

It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces