Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Divination II (Lesson 1 ~ 2038) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:12 pm
User Image
xxxx× × ×xxxxF O U R T HxxxY E A RxxxD I V I N A T I O Nxxxx× × ×xxxx

User Image

Taught by Professor Drusilla Somerset
                                          Tuesday :: Block 4 :: 11:00 AM - 11:45 PM

User Image

xxxx× × ×xxxxThe Lessonxxxx× × ×xxxx

Divination (from Latin divinare "to foresee, to be inspired by a god", related to divinus, divine) is the attempt to gain insight into a question or situation by way of an occultic, standardized process or ritual. Used in various forms throughout history, diviners ascertain their interpretations of how a querent should proceed by reading signs, events, or omens, or through alleged contact with a supernatural agency. Divination can be seen as a systematic method with which to organize what appear to be disjointed, random facets of existence such that they provide insight into a problem at hand. Divination is taught as an elective subject from the third year on at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

User Image

xxxx× × ×xxxxThe Classroomxxxx× × ×xxxx

Hogwarts students must make quite the trek to find the Divination Classroom. Located in a room at the top of one of the towers, they must climb a spiral staircase leading to a floor with a ladder leading up into the classroom. It is a large, round room, kept dark by preference of the new professor, Drusilla Somerset. It is lit entirely by the candelabras that adorn the many tables, as well as a few floating votive candles here and there. The tables, in rows of six with a path down the middle, are topped with old lace tablecloths, and are large enough for two students to sit together. There are two cushioned parlor chairs behind each table. Each row is a level higher than the one in front of it to ensure that the front of the classroom can be seen from everywhere. The central focus is a large, old-fashioned desk, upon which a large crystal ball sits, as well as a stack of papers and a copy of the textbook. Against the walls of the room are shelves and cupboards, all of which are filled with either textbooks or Divination tools. There are two entire cabinets just for tea sets.

x× × × Notice to Roleplayers × × ×x

Regarding Tardiness:
                                          × This lesson updates on Monday ×
                                          × If your character is posted Friday or later, they are late for class ×
                                          × Students posted before Friday are not late, and should not be stated to be so ×

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:15 pm
xxxx× × ×xxxxL I S TxxxO FxxxK N O W L E D G Exxxx× × ×xxxx

× Lesson One ×
Astrology

× Homework ×
Write a short essay about your own astrological sign, using any of the zodiac systems learned about in class.

User Image

× Lesson Two ×
Fire Omens

× Homework ×
Spend some time Fire Gazing. Make a record of your experience, and attempt to interpret anything of note.

User Image

× Lesson Three ×
Tasseomancy

× Homework ×
Sketch a drawing of the leaves in your evening tea; attempt to interpret them.

User Image

× Lesson Four ×
Ovomancy

× Homework ×
Write a short essay on this, or another obscure method of divination.

User Image

x× × × Notice to Roleplayers × × ×x

Concerning Homework:
× Homework assignments may be posted to Professor Somerset's Office ×
× Completed homework assignments will be awarded house points ×
× Homework is due by the time the next lesson is posted ×

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:16 pm
xxxx× × ×xxxxH O U S ExxxP O I N T Sxxxx× × ×xxxx

xxxGryffindorxxx
× Week One ×
---
×Week Two ×
---
×Week Three ×
---
×Week One ×
---

xxxHufflepuffxxx
× Week One ×
---
×Week Two ×
---
×Week Three ×
---
×Week One ×
---

xxxRavenclawxxx
× Week One ×
---
×Week Two ×
---
×Week Three ×
---
×Week One ×
---

xxxSlytherinxxx
× Week One ×
---
×Week Two ×
---
×Week Three ×
---
×Week One ×
---

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:31 am
User Image
Drusilla is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Enchanting in my Classroomspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Studentsspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'My first week of lessons of my first year teaching... how wonderful.' spacespac
'Two halves are equal,
A cross between two evils.'

═════════════════════════════════

Drusilla watched from her chair as the students filed in, counting heads and searching for names and faces. She didn't really need to ask their names; she had seen them all before, one time or another. Little ducks, all in a row. She smiled as they took their seats and stood, her arms sweeping in a dramatic gesture. That was how you did this, right? You played up the theatrics, made it interesting? She supposed a few would roll their eyes, but it was to be expected. Few people took her area of expertise seriously. "Hello, young ones, and welcome to Divination! I will be your new professor, Drusilla Somerset. Although it'll be Professor Somerset to you, of course, little ducks, but that's quite fine, I think..." She trailed off, her eyes growing distant for a second before she gave her head a small shake, smiling again. "Divining the future through Dreams is one of the oldest arts known to man, both of the Magical and Muggle variety. It is also one of the most difficult to master, for each person has their own rhyme and reason to their dreams. It is one of the reasons why, particularly among Muggle fortune tellers, understanding and interpreting the signals in the dreams of another can prove difficult. Symbols, aside from a few, ancient, archaic ones which resonate with almost all people, may mean different things from different people. A Slytherin, for instance, might dream of a snake, a symbol of ambition or power or confidence. However, that same snake in the dreams of say, a Christian Muggle, might represent greed, corruption, or danger. Because of these differences in the way we view the world, and the things that might appear to us in our dreams, it is really only an individual who can make a real prediction of what their dream might be telling them."

She paused then, eyeing her students carefully. For once she wasn't suffering from random distractions, random visions. She was in her element, doing what she knew she must. What felt right. She gestured to the board, where she'd written out the important details of the day's lesson for her students to copy down. Hopefully, this practice would continue. Her schedule was very important to her; it was what kept her on track. And part of that schedule was writing the lesson plan out for her students to copy. It ensured that, if she missed something in the discussion, they still learned it. "On the board, you can see notes on the day's lesson. Please copy them down. While you are doing so, think of your own answers for these questions; What are some common symbols in dreams, and what might those symbols represent? What is an example of a symbol that might mean something vastly different to different groups of people? Any student who contributes anything worthwhile to the discussion will earn House Points." She began pacing the room then, eyeing her students carefully. Would they take this lesson seriously? They'd chosen to take it, but then, that had never stopped anyone from treating it like a joke before.

'It's not an enviable lot.'

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:23 am
So this is what you meant
When you said that you were spent
And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit
Right to the top, don't hold back
I don't ever wanna let you down
I don't ever wanna leave this town
'Cause after all, this city never sleeps at night

It's time to begin, isn't it: Calm
I get a little bit bigger, but then I'll admit: ... Did she just call us ducks?
I'm just the same as I was: Fourth Years
Now don't you understand that I'm never changing who I am: Divination

N E W L Y N | T A R A | V A S S

H U F F L E P U F F | B L O O D T R A I T O R | F O U R T H Y E A R User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There was a new Divination professor, and Newlyn wasn't sure what to expect. The woman was very young, seemed excited about her subject, and called them little ducks. The Hufflepuff gave a mental shrug and just listened silently, taking notes and copying things down. Divination was interesting, but not something she easily understood.

A person who DESERVES my loyalty RECEIVES it

So this is where you fell
And I am left to sell
The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell
Right to the top don't look back
This road never looked so lonely
This house doesn't burn down slowly
To ashes, to ashes, turning the rags
And giving the commodities a rain check

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:38 pm
User Image
User Image

Pureblood Fourth Year Single Slytherin

I'll dedicate it to the fact that it's so hard for you to dream
                                                          A million heartbeats all around you make it hard to sleep

Love love, kiss kiss... blah blah blah....

Virgil was finding this class complexly useless to how was he suppose to remember every part of his dreams let alone look for symbolism in what the little details could mean."Professor what if one does not dream?"He asked though to get out of the work. The truth was he's been having nightmares for months now. A beast, A Ghost and a Lady in red. They hunted his nights.

....You're making me sick.

Well do you find you like to fall in love with people that you're never gonna meet?
                                                          It's easier than breaking up and crying in the street

Xistund

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:08 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'My first week of lessons of my first year teaching... how wonderful.' spacespac
'Two halves are equal,

Drusilla's eyes narrowed a bit as she looked at the young man who'd asked the question. He was trouble, this one, and that was something of an understatement. His face flashed through her mind's eyes, and she offered him a smile, her eyes still intense. "All people dream, little duck. Muggle scientists have done a good deal of research on the subject, and magical folk have often volunteered in their studies to ensure that what holds true for muggles holds true for us as well. They've found that everyone dreams. It's whether or not you remember your dreams that is the question." She blinked for a moment, thoughtful. "There are ways to learn to remember your dreams, to train your mind to do so. And of course, the longer you've been awake, the hazier the memories seem... but I don't think you have that problem, do you, Mister Ross?" She approached him then, looking deep in his eyes... a flash of red hair, darkness... she stepped back, her eyes fierce and far away. "Running with darkness, my dear duckie, you should watch who you trust... she's not a very good mummy, now is she?" Drusilla turned then, and returned to her desk in a daze. When she sat on its edge, she blinked again, and shook her head a bit before smiling as if she'd said nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:09 pm
Lesson One: Dream Divination

User Image

Lesson Closed

OOC:

Homework should be turned into Professor Somerset's Office by the end of Lesson 2.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:14 pm
Lesson Two: Crystal Gazing

User Image

The Definition of Crystal Gazing:
              • Crystal-gazing (also known as crystal-seeing, crystallism, crystallomancy, gastromancy, and spheromancy) is a form of divination or scrying achieved through trance induction by means of gazing at a crystal.

Methods and Materials:
              • The term crystal gazing denotes several different forms of a variety of objects, and there are several schools of thought as to the sources of the visions seen in the crystal gazing trance. Crystal gazing may be used by practitioners—sometimes called "readers" or "seers"—for a variety of purposes, including to predict distant or future events, to give character analyses, to tell fortunes, or to help a client make choices about current situations and problems.
              • With respect to the tool or object used to induce the crystal-gazer's trance, this can be achieved with any shiny object, including a crystalline gem stone or a convex mirror— but in common practice, a crystal ball is most often used. The size of ball preferred varies greatly among those who practice crystallomancy. Some gazers use a "palm ball" of a few inches in diameter that is held in the hand; others prefer a larger ball mounted on a stand. The stereotypical image of a gypsy woman wearing a headscarf and telling fortunes for her clients by means of a very large crystal ball is widely depicted in the media and can be found in hundreds of popular books, advertising pages, and films of the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries. The pervasiveness of this image may have led to the increased use of fairly large crystal balls by those who can afford them.
              • Books of instruction in the art of crystal gazing often suggest that the ball used should be perfectly spherical (that is, without a flat bottom) and should be supported in a wooden or metal stand. If made of glass (e.g. lead crystal), it should be free from air bubbles but may be colored. If carved from natural crystalline stone (such as quartz, beryl, calcite, obsidian, or amethyst), it may display the natural coloring and structure of the mineral from which it was fashioned. Some authors advise students to place a sigil, seal, or talismanic emblem beneath a clear sphere, but most do not. Most authors suggest that the work of crystal gazing should be undertaken in a dimly-lit and quiet room, so as to foster visions and more easily allow the onset of a trance state.
              • Some practitioners claim that crystal gazing engenders visionary experiences and preternatural and/or supernatural insight, while others think that the visions arise from the subconscious mind of the crystal gazer. Some authors accept both positions as not mutually incompatible.

Interpreting Images presented by the Crystal:
              • Many of the methods of interpretation can be taken from what was learned when we studied Dream Divination.
              • It is important to note that, for all but the most experienced or attuned Seers, what is seen in the crystal is seldom meant to be taken literally.
              • If one is properly attuned to the forces and to their own Sight, they may see a pure, unobstructed vision or what is to come.
              • However, most will only see symbols.
              • Details like emotions are hard to place and generally require another detail to throw the meaning into the light.
              • Details like themes can be very telling, but are very much open to interpretation.
              • Details like objects are usually tied to some sort of symbolism; how they are presented, or not presented in the example of the missing pants, is more important than the object itself.
              • People are a very interesting thing to note; their presence can mean many things. Just because a person is in your dream doesn't mean that they'll be present when the events being foretold take place, which is the general belief. Rather, it can mean that you would want them there, or that they represent something you will need. The presence of a brave friend can be because you'll need your courage; a wise friend could mean you'll need wisdom.

Homework: Borrow a Crystal Ball from your professor and spend some time scrying and attempting to interpret whatever images you might see.

OOC:

If you are quoted, your student is registered for this lesson. If he or she does not attend at least one class, your house will be docked ten points at the end of the term. This is waived if you are listed as absent.

Xistund

Kai Sparrowheart

Good boyYuuki

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:31 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I wonder who will see... what they'll see...' spacespac
'Two halves are equal,

Drusilla had placed Crystal Balls out on the four tables at the front of the class, ready for the lesson at hand. She couldn't help but wonder if any of the students taking this lesson had the aptitude to See anything in their swirling depths. She waited for the students to arrive, and then smiled, her arms opening in a welcoming gesture. This lesson was a true test, not just to whether or not a student could See, but also if they took the lesson seriously. "Hello, students! I'd like you all to read the notes on the board, and preferably write them down as well. Then, I will guide you through a meditative exercise to clear your mind, after which you will each gaze into the Crystal Ball on your desk and take note of what you see, if anything." She sat on her desk, crossing her legs in a relaxed seated position, and waited patiently. When the quills had stopped and the eyes were on her, she smiled.

"Alright, now, I'd like you all to sit in your seat like so, or on the floor, if you like. Take a deep breathe through your nose, filling your lungs until you can take in no more air, and then slowly release the air through your mouth. Do this again, and again, relaxing your mind and body. Clear your mind of any images, any thoughts. Calm yourself, center your being. When you feel you are relaxed, a blank slate, open your eyes, gaze into the Ball, and See." She watched carefully, eyeing their expressions. Waiting to see if anyone would truly See anything.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Xistund

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:03 pm
User Image
User Image

Pureblood Fourth Year Single Slytherin

I'll dedicate it to the fact that it's so hard for you to dream
                                                          A million heartbeats all around you make it hard to sleep

Love love, kiss kiss... blah blah blah....

Virgil did not like the professor he decided. Her words last class haunted him she knew what was going on in his life and he did not like it. He tried to make it seem like nothing was wrong though as he took his seat so he was going to use a crystal ball. He looked into it taking full deep breaths and releasing it. Nothing but swirls... He tried again nothing. The third time he was starting to get annoyed and before he knew it he slammed his fist on the table."This is pointless there is nothing in these Crystals"He felt ready to get up and leave the class there was nothing in his future that he could learn here.

....You're making me sick.

Well do you find you like to fall in love with people that you're never gonna meet?
                                                          It's easier than breaking up and crying in the street

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:52 am
So this is what you meant
When you said that you were spent
And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit
Right to the top, don't hold back
I don't ever wanna let you down
I don't ever wanna leave this town
'Cause after all, this city never sleeps at night

It's time to begin, isn't it: Nervous
I get a little bit bigger, but then I'll admit: Oh no...
I'm just the same as I was: Fourth Years
Now don't you understand that I'm never changing who I am: Divination

N E W L Y N | T A R A | V A S S

H U F F L E P U F F | B L O O D T R A I T O R | F O U R T H Y E A R User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Newlyn was nervous about Divination. After the professor's little speech to Virgil, she had a really bad feeling about the Slytherin. What did Professor Somerset mean, running with darkness and not being a very good mummy? The Hufflepuff wasn't sure she even wanted to know. Really, she was scared the professor might say something to her, see something in her future. If her family... issues or her childhood was brought up in class she would die of mortification. She awkwardly crossed her legs and tried to follow the instructions. Newlyn breathed slowly in and out, and tried to empty any thoughts from her mind, and more so any images, because her mind was always full of pictures. She looked into the ball, and narrowed her eyes for a moment. She felt like there was something just out of her line of vision, that she just barely could not see. Maybe if she concentrated harder- The sound of a slam made her flinch and jump. Cautiously, she looked up to see her classmate obviously upset. The Hufflepuff bit her lip and kept her eyes on her ball, not looking at the angry Slytherin.

A person who DESERVES my loyalty RECEIVES it

So this is where you fell
And I am left to sell
The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell
Right to the top don't look back
This road never looked so lonely
This house doesn't burn down slowly
To ashes, to ashes, turning the rags
And giving the commodities a rain check

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:59 pm
Lesson Two: Crystal Gazing

User Image

Lesson Closed

OOC:

Homework for Lesson 2 should be turned into Professor Somerset's office before the end of Lesson 3.

To Virgil: "There is no need for such an outburst, duckie. Tsk Tsk. You'll ruin your classmates' efforts, break their concentration. So rude. Ten points from Slytherin."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:01 pm
Lesson Three: Cartomancy

User Image

The Definition of Cartomancy:
              • Cartomancy is fortune-telling or divination using a deck of cards. Forms of cartomancy appeared soon after playing cards were first introduced into Europe in the 14th century. Practitioners of cartomancy are generally known as cartomancers, card readers, or simply readers. Cartomancy is one of the oldest of the more common forms of fortune-telling. It is similar to tarot card reading in that various card spreads are used, such as single card, "Destiny Square," and 3 cards. The tarot can also be used in cartomancy. Cartomancy using standard playing cards was the most popular form of providing fortune-telling card readings in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. In English-speaking countries, a standard deck of Anglo-American bridge/poker playing cards (i.e., 52-card, four-suit set) can be used in the cartomancy reading; the deck is often augmented with jokers, and even with the blank card found in many packaged decks. In France, the 32-card piquet playing-card deck was, and still is, most typically used in cartomancy readings, while the 52-card deck was, and still is, also used for this purpose. (A piquet deck is with a 52-card deck with all of the 2s through the 6s removed. This leaves all of the 7s through the 10s, the face cards, and the aces.)

The Wheel of Fortune:
              • The most popular method of cartomancy using a standard playing deck is referred to as the Wheel of Fortune. Here, the reader removes cards at random and assigns significance to them based in the order they were chosen. Though the interpretation of various cards varies by region, the common significators for the future are as follows:

• King of Hearts: A man over 35, with sandy, dark blond, or light brown hair, with brown, blue or hazel eyes. Usually a family member or other loved one. Paternal and family-oriented.
                  • King of Diamonds: A man over 35, with red or light blond hair with blue, green or gray eyes, Usually a wealthy man in an authority position.
                  • King of Clubs: A man over 35, with medium or dark brown hair, with brown, blue or hazel eyes. Usually a married business man (although business could have a sexual, rather than commercial, interpretation.)
                  • King of Spades: A man over 35, with dark brown to black hair, and dark brown eyes. Usually a widower or divorced man, or a man from a foreign country. Ambitious and powerful, can be arrogant and deceptive.
                  • Queen of Hearts: A woman over 18, with sandy, dark blond, or light brown hair, with brown, blue or hazel eyes. Usually a family member or other loved one. Maternal and family-oriented.
                  • Queen of Diamonds: A woman over 18, with red or light blond hair with blue, green or gray eyes, Usually a wealthy woman in an authority position.
                  • Queen of Clubs: A woman over 18, with medium or dark brown hair, with brown, blue or hazel eyes. Usually a business woman or social butterfly.
                  • Queen of Spades: A woman over 18, with dark brown to black hair, and dark brown eyes. Usually a widow or divorced woman, or a woman from a foreign country. Ambitious and intelligent, can be cold, calculating, or spiteful.

Spreads:
                  • Another common method used in Cartomancy is to use Spreads, similar to what is used in Tarot, where one shuffles the deck until it feels 'right,' and then lays the cards out in a particular pattern. Each card represents something, such as the past, present or future. Which card is in which position is then interpreted by the reader.
                      Common Spreads
                          • The Three Card Spread: Indicating past, present and future.
                          • The Yes or No Spread: Five cards are laid out and a yes or no question is asked. Red indicates yes, black indicates no. The more of one color there is, the more definite the answer is.

Homework: Do a reading on yourself, either using the Wheel of Fortune or a Spread taught in class. Attempt to interpret the results.

OOC:

If you are quoted, your student is registered for this lesson. If he or she does not attend at least one class, your house will be docked ten points at the end of the term. This is waived if you are listed as absent.

Xistund

Kai Sparrowheart

Good boyYuuki

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:34 am
Lesson One: Dream Divination

User Image

The Definition of Dream Divination:
              • Dream Divination, or Oneiromancy in proper terminology (from the Greek Oneiros, who were the gods of dreams), is a form of divination based upon dreams; it is a system of dream interpretation that uses dreams to predict the future.

Interpreting Dreams:
              • This form of Divination is simultaneously one of the most welcoming and most difficult forms of divining. Its requirements are simple, but can be difficult to attain. Namely, in order to use Oneiromancy, one must remember something of their dreams.
              • The entirety of a dream is irrelvent; what is generally the most important is something that stands out. This can be anything from an object (I wasn't wearing any pants!) to a theme (I was lost!) to an emotion (I felt afraid!). The more specific the detail is, the more easily the sign can be read, and the more detailed a reading can be.
              • Details like emotions are hard to place and generally require another detail to throw the meaning into the light.
              • Details like themes can be very telling, but are very much open to interpretation.
              • Details like objects are usually tied to some sort of symbolism; how they are presented, or not presented in the example of the missing pants, is more important than the object itself.
              • People are a very interesting thing to note in dreams; their presence can mean many things. Just because a person is in your dream doesn't mean that they'll be present when the events being foretold take place, which is the general belief. Rather, it can mean that you would want them there, or that they represent something you will need. The presence of a brave friend can be because you'll need your courage; a wise friend could mean you'll need wisdom.

Dream Journals:
              • One of the simplest ways to study this form of Divination is to keep a Dream Journal.
              • Each day (or night), as soon as you wake up, immediately write down everything you remember from any dreams you had. It's important to not waste time; the longer you take to get to this, the more you'll forget.
              • At the end of each week, read through your notes and see if there were any trends. Repeated symbols, a similar theme or emotion underlying a majority of the dreams, the presence of a single figure; all of these can be signs that your dreams are trying to tell you of something to come.
              • Isolate the trends that are most prevalent or seem most important. Then, find a book on Dream Symbols. Look through it for the symbols you've noted. Write out the information for each of the symbols you isolated.
              • The likelihood of a black and white explanation of what's to come is unlikely; rather, you'll probably end up with some sort of vague idea of something that will happen. It might be broad and very open to interpretation, so don't discredit it. Watch what happens in the weeks to come and see if anything matches up. If it does, make a note of that; it might help you to more effectively interpret your next set of dreams.

Homework: Keep a dream journal for one week and attempt to interpret the symbols you find

OOC:

If you are quoted, your student is registered for this lesson. If he or she does not attend at least one class, his/her house will be docked ten points at the end of the term. This is waived if you are listed as absent.

XxXDevil-Chan

Sir Spazalots

Miss GryffindorK

Heather030595

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items