Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Professor Offices
Professor Somerset's Office

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:41 pm
Welcome to the office of

xxxx× × ×xxxxDRUSILLA FAITHE SOMERSETxxxx× × ×xxxx

User Image

(( Professor of Divination ))

spaceThe Office of Professor Drusilla Faithe Somerset is a small, oddly chaotic room. In it, sitting on shelves and laying about various places there are a multitude of random objects, some of which are rather normal but odd to see in such a place, such as a shoe hanging on a coat-rack, and some are rather odd themselves. There are a mutlitude of unidentifiable trinkets laying about, as well as pages and pages of rambling script and strange sketches and paintings. In the center of the room, there is a large desk, much like the one in Professor Somerset's Classroom. Behind it is another large wingback parlor chair, and there are two more on the other side, set there for any students who come calling. On it surface of the desk, there is a tea set, a crystal ball, two black concave mirrors, and a tarot deck, the cards of which are placed in an unusual spread. The card placed in what seems to be the central focus of this spread is Death. Outside the door, there is a small, mailbox-like structure. On this box, there is a notice, with the professor's office hours listed, and instructions for students to turn their homework in by dropping it in the box.

xx×xxOFFICE HOURSxx×xx
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM - 9:45 AM
11:45 AM - 1:45 PM

xx×xxTEACHING SCHEDULExx×xx
Monday :: Divination I, Block 6
Tuesday :: Divination IV, Block 3 - Divination II, Block 4
Thursday :: Divination III, Block 7
Friday :: Divination VI, Block 4

xxxxxxNOTICE FOR ROLEPLAYERSxxxxxx

To turn in your homework, use the form below the spoiler. You don't have to post your student dropping it off, just post the assignment. Please do not remove the quote, as doing so may result in the assignment going unnoticed, and your character not receiving credit.

[quote="Cara MiaKitty"][align=center][b]Student Name[/b]
[b]Student Year and House[/b]
[b]Assignment #[/b][/align]

Write your essay here.[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:33 pm
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas stepped into Professor Somerset's office. Not seeing her there he simply set the invitation onto her desk and left.

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

User Image

Quote:

Dear Professor Drusilla Somerset,
User Image
The Ball will be occurring during the upcoming summer and will be open to the members and their guests:

Drusilla Somerset and Family

Please send back an owl to the Brighton Estate with your acceptance or your denial as soon as possible.
Child Care will be available.
We hope to see you on our day and evening of dance, feast, and enjoyment.
~ The Brighton Family

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:09 pm
User Image
Drusilla is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Prophetic in her officespace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Worriedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Dark things looming... such darkness...' spacespac

☩ ☩ ☩ But what is this, that I cant see?
With ice cold hands taking hold of me...
☩ ☩ ☩
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDrusilla sat in her office, a crystal ball on her desk, gazing into it with a worried expression. This was not good, this was wrong, all wrong! She didn't recall what had drawn her to the ball this eve, but she'd felt a powerful pull, telling her to gaze. Now she was very, very glad that she did... even if she didn't like what she was seeing. A Quick Quotes Quill scratched across a piece of parchment on her desk, writing out her words, mumbled nonsense to anyone who would read it, the ramblings of a madwoman, but it would make perfect sense to her... at least, she hoped it would. "Darkness looming... danger coming... the Ministry... fears and sorrow, hauntings. All the happiness, gone, sucked away, sucking winds, dragging it down, down, down... monsters and spiders and things that go bump in the night... such horrors..." The woman crawled from her desk, crawled, down the the floor, frantically grasping for her Tarot cards. She unwrapped them from the old silk, sniffing them before she began laying them out, smiling at the familiar scent before frowning again. This was not a time for smiles! This was serious! She laid out the cards carefully, and flipped them her expression growing darker with every second. "No, no, no, no! More shadows, more darkness! Where are they coming from? Where are the monsters lurking?" she asked the cards, knowing they wouldn't answer. She closed her eyes and focused her inner eye, trying to See, but nothing grew any clearer. It was all dark, all shadows... what did it mean? She grabbed the deck up, shuffled them again, and tried to lay them out once more, tried to get anything, any clarity, or anything that would help her See a solution, a way to prevent it or protect from it... but nothing! Nothing but the lurking shadows... she slumped on the floor, tapping the deck with a frantic finger, relishing the familiar sound, trying to focus so that perhaps she could find something, but nothing happened. It was no use. She couldn't see past the fog.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ☩ ☩ ☩ When God is gone and the Devil takes hold,
                                                          Who will have mercy on your soul?
                                                          ☩ ☩ ☩

User Image

(( OOC: ))

XxXDevil-Chan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:15 pm
Victor Beausoleil
Year 4 - Hufflepuff
Lesson 1

Monday: Turbulent water...couldn't swim. Woke up dazed.

Tuesday: Saw....a person. I...I can't say his name but...he ran from me then melted.

Wednesday: More choppy water. Felt myself drowning.

Thursday: Was trapped in a lightning storm, couldn't get out. Kept getting shocked.

Friday: The...person appeared in my dream again, but they faded into mist after I walked towards them.

Saturday: ...Dreamt of a black void. Couldn't move. Felt like I was paralyzed.

Sunday: ....I couldn't sleep. Sorry...  

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:18 pm
Squeeky Luff
Victor Beausoleil
Year 4 - Hufflepuff
Lesson 1

Monday: Turbulent water...couldn't swim. Woke up dazed.

Tuesday: Saw....a person. I...I can't say his name but...he ran from me then melted.

Wednesday: More choppy water. Felt myself drowning.

Thursday: Was trapped in a lightning storm, couldn't get out. Kept getting shocked.

Friday: The...person appeared in my dream again, but they faded into mist after I walked towards them.

Saturday: ...Dreamt of a black void. Couldn't move. Felt like I was paralyzed.

Sunday: ....I couldn't sleep. Sorry...

Assignment graded. 10 points awarded to Hufflepuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:49 am
Jasper Lancaster
3rd Year Hufflepuff
Assignment # 1

Tessomancy

The art of tea leave reading. It is an art that even muggles know, however it differs from place to place. Brewing tea and then pouring it into a cup without straining when a person drinks it down to the dregs. The next step is to swirl and swish the cup once or twice. When reading the cup one reads in a spiral from the outside in. This pattern represents a present to future reading. While going along the spiral you read the leaves for symbols. In some cases reading the cups white area instead of the leaves is used. Usually it’s used in the case of few symbols being present.

Each symbol means different things. Most notable is wolf or dog like symbol which would appear in the center of the cup. This particular symbol is known as the grim and is considered one of the darkest omens in our world. The grim resembles death which is why no one would ever want to receive it in a reading. There are of course less dismal symbols such as the symbol of the sun which represents great happiness or an acorn which represents windfall.

You can also do readings with coffee for those who don't drink tea. The process is also similar.  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:05 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Iñigo Albion-Alexandré

~~~~~~~~~~~14|Fourth Year|Ravenclaw|Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

The fourth year walked up to his Divination professor's office, wanting to ask a few questions about Seers. They were things that he always questioned, but never had anyone that would understand anything about it to ask...that is, until he took Divination for the first time. Over the past year, his love for the class grew and it became one of his favorite. Some may view it as impractical to have as a favorite class, but it was because it was a class that related to him in the greatest ways. He enjoyed other classes, but they seemed to take a backseat when it came to outside of class studying, which Iñigo did a lot for the class.

So, here he was...outside of his professor's office, but he realized he hadn't done any necessary thing to get in. So, he knocked...not too loudly, but not too softly either, hoping that his professor was in the office. It actually made him wonder what professor's do when they weren't in the office. It is a funny thing to think about since they are regular people, but he never really saw them around school. Occasionally he would see them walk by, but he never saw any mingling except for maybe at the Staff table for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But, he soon realized he was getting off-track from the task at hand.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:33 pm
Ariana Elwood
Third Year, Hufflepuff
Assignment #1

Palmistry
                    The art of divination through palmistry has been a common method for a long time for both wizards and muggles alike. Palmistry takes many factors of the hand into play and there can be many different interpretations between different people. Which hand is searched is one factor, and Palmist will mostly examine your dominate hand because, usually, it's the more active of your hands. It's the hand that shows your current and future trends. Your passive hand usually shows a Palmist your childhood. They will also look at the colour of your hands, which will give a Palmist your current health. The shape and colour of fingernails and the hair on your hand will even give a Palmist a look into your future.

The most important things that a Palmist will look at on your hands would be the many lines on your hands. Some of these include your Head line -- the line that shows how one thinks --, Heart line -- the line that holds the clue to what will happen to one, and why --, the Life line -- the line that shows the quality of your life (how much vitality, strength and energy you have) --, and your Fate line -- what you're to expect in life. There are many things that a Palmist will look at to determine many things about your current life and your future.

Cara MiaKitty

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:33 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Distracted in her Office with
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Surprised
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Someone at the door? ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

But what is this, that I cant see? ✥ ✥ ✥xxx
                                                          With ice cold hands taking hold of me. ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          When God is gone, and the devil takes hold, ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Who'll have mercy on your soul? ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDrusilla sat behind her desk, bent over a spread of tarot cards, looking completely entranced. It took her a long moment to realize there'd been a knock at her door. When she did, she straightened her back rather quickly, looking up in shock, eyes on the door. She tilted her head to the side, curious. Who was coming to see her? And why didn't they simply come in? Perhaps she should put up a sign, 'do not knock, if the door is unlocked, come in,' because she was fairly certain whoever it was on the other side was incredibly lucky that she'd heard their knock. More often than not, it might've gone completely unnoticed. Actually, perhaps that was why she so rarely had visitors... perhaps they knocked and she didn't hear them. That actually made rather a lot of sense, now that she thought about it. Hm... "Do come in," she called, eyes falling back to her desk, becoming entranced once more by the spread of cards. They were arranged rather interestingly... the High Priestess seldom appeared in the position associated with what one was feeling, after all. She was a card of wisdom, of knowledge, not emotions. Hm... perhaps it meant that she was feeling with her mind and not her heart? Or that she was over-thinking her emotions? Strange, Drusilla didn't typically consider herself very thoughtful, after all. But she did tend to let her mind rule her, so that could be the case. Very odd... Distracted as she was, she didn't notice the entrance of her student.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✥ ✥ ✥ No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold;
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ Nothing satisfies me but your soul.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ Well, I am Death, none can excel.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ I'll open the door to Heaven or Hell.

User Image

Apologies it took so long to get this up, like I said, I've been busy, I honestly completely forgot you'd already posted.

Ariana's assignment graded, 15 house points awarded

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:00 pm
User Image

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

He had waited quite some time outside the door of his professor, wondering if she was even in her office. He even went to knock again, but as he was about to do it, the door opened and there was his professor...telling him to come in, but as he walked in, he noticed a peculiar stare in her eyes directed at her eyes, wondering what she was looking at. As he looked at her desk, he saw the spread of cards, not knowing what they were for. But he knew one thing, he was not going to touch them...ever. That was a bad idea in any way. He had no doubt it had something to do with Divination, but it obviously was something they hadn't gone over before and he was sure that they would at some point. It seemed interesting enough...although, he wasn't sure how much he would like staring at one thing for way too long, unlike his professor who didn't seem to mind.

He took a seat near her desk, wondering what his professor was doing. Had she even knew he was here? "Professor? Is this a bad time? I just had a few questions on the subject of seers," he said to her, loud enough to maybe get the woman's attention...although, he didn't know how generally successful he was at the task. She seemed more dazed than he's ever seen her. So, in the meantime, his shoulders suck and he sunk into the chair, hoping that she had heard him or he would just wait until she was done with what she was doing. He did fear that this would take all night though. He had been learning from the woman for a year and two weeks and really...one of the things he knew about her, she was distracted easily...by something...something above him that he didn't know about obviously.

Cara MiaKitty

[OOC: It is completely fine. This is really minor compared to the other things you are working on so really, take your time. No rush)  

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:30 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Surprised
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Someone at the door? ❞

spaceDrusilla didn't speak when Inigo sat before her, murmuring something under her breath. She was reaching for the stack of cards to her left when he spoke up, shifting her focus. Her hand settled on the top of the stack, and she looked up very suddenly, blinking at him, eyes wide. "Oooh, Inigo, ducky, lovely to see you, then," she twittered, smiling at the young man. Her free hand swept up the cards on her desk, stacking them up and then placing them under the deck. She grabbed the stack then, shuffling the cards quickly, the movements practiced, almost compulsive. She didn't even look at them, instead she stared at the student in front of her, enraptured. "Seers, you said? What sorts of questions, duck? Hm... there are books, you know. Lots of books. But, I suppose hearing it from someone with experience would help... Not that I'm any sort of authority on the subject. I barely have control over my own Eye," the woman chirped, eyes closing, a wide smile spreading across her lips, her head tilting to one side. "Hm... but, why the questions? Or, I suppose the why doesn't matter, more the what. As in what are they. Oh, but I already asked that, didn't I?" she shook her head, opening her eyes again. She stopped shuffling the cards then, setting the deck down and separating it into three stacks. A hand hovered over each one for a moment before she selected the one on the far left, placing the other two aside and grabbing it to lay the cards out once more. She glanced down briefly to ascertain what the cards were saying, and pursed her lips, expression intrigued. "Inigo, ducky, do you See?" she asked quietly, voice barely above a whisper. Again, the relevance of the word See and its lack thereof to her company went over the woman's head; the ideas of seeing and Seeing were quite distinct in her mind, and she had trouble remembering that others couldn't tell the difference.

User Image

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:45 pm
User Image

Iñigo sat there for a moment, not really knowing what to say at all, but fortunately for him, speaking up had the desired effect and drew her away from her entrancement. He was happy too, because he was there for a much shorter time than he thought he would be while waiting for her. He continued watching as his eyes glanced over the cards as she started to sweep them up, intrigued by the cards and what they were. He could only figure that they would be learning about it at some point though. The best part is she then started to shuffle them before his eyes...perfectly...and without even the slightest look at the cards. It was impressive to say the least, but he knew that she has probably done it thousands of times. The amount of practice it took to still be able to do that had to be, and to watch it even brought a smile on his face.

But his focus on it was broken soon by the sound of her voice, asking her own questions about it...and referring to him as duck again, which he was certainly used to by then. With a smile on his face, he answered, "Well...like you said, I think someone who has experienced it would give me a more definitive answer than a book. Sometimes books can be a bit abstract and even vague," he admitted to her. In all seriousness...at times, he just didn't want to read the book at all.

He was surprised that she asked why he was asking the questions. Should I tell her? he asked himself, not knowing what to do, but soon, she dismissed it and said that what is more important, which caused him to give a sigh of relief, a light sigh of relief that hopefully remained unnoticed, but it probably didn't. He didn't answer at first, as her eyes seemed to close and she had stopped shuffling. She opened her eyes again and had put the deck in three stacks, picked one of the decks and pushed the others away. She then spread the cards on the desk and looked down at them. He tensed up a bit, wondering what was to happen next. He wanted to say his questions, but she seemed preoccupied a bit, but then again, she wasn't because she was looking at him for most of the time. Then, another question, which confused him...and the look on his face would've told anyone that.

"Wait...do I see? What do you mean? Like...I see you...I see this book," he asked her, a bit confused of what she meant by 'see'. He kept his head at a slight tilt, his confusion written all over his face. Before he asked anything else, he would surely find out what she meant by the word see, mainly because it confused him on the deepest of levels.

Cara MiaKitty

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:15 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Surprised
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Someone at the door? ❞

spaceDrusilla blinked at him, head still tilted. "Hm, but books are based on research, you know. Lots and lots of research. I've nothing of the sort... only my own experiences. Which, I suppose you can trust, but I find that they're very muddled at times... the future is clearer than the past, more often than not. I wasn't trained properly..." There was the faintest flash of sadness in her eyes, and then it was gone. For a fraction of a second, she'd recalled that the reason she'd never honed her skills was because her father had died when she was so young... he'd never gotten a chance. If memory served, her vision of his death was the first time it had truly surfaced, and that hadn't ended particularly well. One would think a woman married to a Seer wouldn't be so adamant about silencing her child's concerns, but then, Drusilla's mother had never been the best, and had strongly disliked speaking of her husband's 'affliction' at all.

spaceOf course, Drusilla didn't dwell. It was a passing though, barely noticeable before she was focused on the boy again. "Hm, what was I saying? Oh, yes. Well, if you truly find the books troublesome, I can do my best to answer your questions. I do apologize if the answers don't make much sense... they seldom do." Drusilla found that those who lacked her gift often had trouble keeping up with her when she spoke of it... hell, sometimes when she read her own writing, she had difficulty following the rambling. But, then, if the cards were telling her what she thought they were, perhaps Inigo would understand?

spaceHis response to her question confused him for a moment. She shook her head, lacing her fingers and cradling her chin on them. "No no no, duck. You're using the wrong eyes," she told him, closing her own eyes and breathing in deep. "Your interest... it is... personal? You're not just asking questions for sheer curiosity, are you?" she inquired, pursing her lips. She could be reading it wrong, making assumptions, but... well, the circumstances and the cards seemed to lean that way. Then again, sometimes such things could be misleading, and she was never the best at reading people.

User Image

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:30 pm
User Image

He took in what she had to say about books, keeping a mental note of it because obviously his professor knew best. As out there as she may be, he still trusted that she knew the best way to find his answers. Maybe he would start researching on his own as well...but he was in her office then and might as well ask what he needed to ask. As she referred to her training, he looked at her inquisitively. 'There's training for this kind of stuff?' he mentally noted, surprise to hear such a thing. He would surely inquire about that as well when he got to it, but he would do his best to let her finish before he inquired anything further. She did however, assure him that she would answer his questions to the best of her ability, which made him the slightest bit happy. He was glad that his professor wasn't the type that just dismissed students and vaguely answered questions. Then again...she may have been like that out of class. He hadn't asked her anything yet; so naturally, he was going to think about it as he went.

That's when she had answered his confusion...and upon hearing what she had to say...an epiphany occurred. He looked to her, not sure if he should tell her or not, but he figured that she definitely knew...he would reassure her. "Yes, it is personal. I do see through those eyes. I have all my life, but unfortunately for me, I discovered this ability under bad circumstance and I haven't necessarily been able to control it at all," he finally admitted to her, looking down to the table, not knowing what she would say.

"And my first question, due to relevance then, how do you go about training those eyes, as you referred to them?" he asked her, finally looking back up to her, a flash of hope in his eyes.

Cara MiaKitty

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Professor Offices

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash