Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I came out FINALLY Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OllieOllyOxenFree

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:59 am
So I told my mom, dad and boyfriend the other day that I'm Trans (female to male).
My boyfriend and I are now just friends despite the fact we're still in love. It's the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. Fact of the matter is he is straight, very very straight. Although I have yet to start my transition it would be harder on him if we stayed together. It's been a few days since and we are still talking like usual but we both agree that we feel somewhat "off" without that added element of the relationship.
My mom thinks I'm confused and I don't really want to be a boy. I use to wear dresses all the time before, not because I felt comfortable in them but because I though it was what she wanted. My mom is kind of like the diet coke version of a pageant mom, and I hate disappointing her. Even still it felt more like drag to me, it was fun sometimes being able to connect with her about girl stuff but not how I wanted to be. Trying to tell her I've always felt like a guy in a dress is super hard, especially since she thinks because I like men I should just not bother transitioning. Really though this is a far better reaction then what I could of asked for.
Dad, he's hurt. He said that until I start T I will be his little girl. From a religious Portuguese father I think that its a really good reaction on his part. I've always been super close to my dad, he's my idol and my best friend so I know that this is going to be really hard on him. I just hope he understands in the long run.
I guess the point of this is I just wanted to tell this to someone for completely selfish reasons. It was the scariest thing I have ever done in my life but I feel so much better now and my stress level is almost non existent!
I figured if there was ever a place to post this it was here. I dunno, maybe it'll make some of my closeted brothers and sisters feel a bit better about things. Coming out is hard, but in the end it makes you feel so much better!
User Image
Feelin good guys!
I'm sorry to the people I love but I just don't want to be someone I'm not for another day  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:59 pm
OllieOllyOxenFree

Congrats man! biggrin
Proud of you!

I'm still hiding behind the doors, but hopefully one day I will admit it and tell the world.

I wish you luck and the best! It's going to be a crazy world out there in front of you  

Cucumber Kace

Emo Kuromi Nui

Everyday Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:20 pm
Your avi looks like chu~
Congrats!!! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:10 am
I appreciate your strength! It's the brave souls like you that inspire other struggling people to grasp that bit of encouragement and finally begin to make themselves happy. No more living for other peoples' expectations! Way to go!  

xXbelovedXxx

Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Stoned Paperboy

Blessed Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:15 pm
Congratulations!
It's great to get a burden like that off your shoulders sweatdrop
Hope everything goes great on your part. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:39 pm
Congrats! This must be a big weight off your shoulders, so happy for you biggrin  

NYrHIPPIE

Devoted Flatterer

6,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

OllieOllyOxenFree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:22 am
Thanks for all the support guys! crying you guys are the best haha  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:19 am
Sorry I'm a little late here, but I'm very happy for you. Its not easy coming out to family, and you never know what people will say sometimes. sweatdrop
My grandmother still doesnt accept that I'm gay.
My dad supports me and even makes good hearted jokes blaugh

Dads, oddly enough, are usually easier than mothers for some reason.
rofl

I'm very happy that you've come out and feel better~  

Wolfcrux

Friendly Werewolf

5,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:45 pm
Sekemoto
Sorry I'm a little late here, but I'm very happy for you. Its not easy coming out to family, and you never know what people will say sometimes. sweatdrop
My grandmother still doesnt accept that I'm gay.
My dad supports me and even makes good hearted jokes blaugh

Dads, oddly enough, are usually easier than mothers for some reason.
rofl

I'm very happy that you've come out and feel better~

Not to be downer, but my father basically disowned me when I came out :/ sometimes dads can be weird when it turns out their son isn't straight...

But congratulations to the OP!!!!! biggrin very brave, especially telling your boyfriend and family at the same time! I hope everything works out well for you!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:00 pm
Congrats on your big brave step in life!  

Jude Halliwell

The Loan Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:01 am
OllieOllyOxenFree

Congratulations! gaia_diamond
..Sorry im late to the joyous news..

How are things going now? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:19 pm
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  

StarryEyedSlayer

Raeiko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:20 pm
congrats  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:34 pm
Congratulations! Hope you find someone who supports your life choices.  

isaweesaw

OllieOllyOxenFree

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:52 am
Wow I haven't been on in so long! I've actually started therapy and all is going well.
Thanks so much for all the well wishes everyone smile now that life has regulated time to start spending more time on this here website haha.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff