Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Suggestions & feedback
Small Group Discussions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DustQueen

Amateur Sleuth

9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:53 pm
I think we could benefit from a Small Group Discussion Section.

I love that there is a section to post personal study material and find answers to questions... but shouldn't we have an area where things are open for a personal discussion with other Christians and where daily struggles are brought up and discussed without looking for a "fix" or "advice".

In small groups there are thought provoking questions asked that are meant to be answered from a personal perspective. No one is trying to fix anyone, or lead them with personal opinions or interpretations of the word. Instead we ask ourselves thought provoking questions and share. Only "I" statements are used... and there is no "Trying to give advice" to one another.

I am wondering if anyone is interested in possibly leading this type of forum or discussion? If the Captains and Staff think this a good idea with specific rules that are exclusive to the "Small Group Thread" I would be willing to step up and help lead this thread/subforum. I've led small group discussions before and worked with Youth and small groups as a leader for 2 years in a Non Denominational and Baptist Church.

A possible outline of rules for this thread might look like:
"Keep to *I* statements" - avoid talking about anyone besides you... We are not here to FIX each other... but to benefit from the introspective discussion and learn about ourselves from each other.
"Share from personal experience"
"Remember this is a way to share in a safe environment. Be respectful and keep information shared confidential"
"NO cross talk" - this means when 2 people engage in a conversation excluding others in the discussion.
"Keep to the topic and questions answered."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:03 am
Awesome. I've taken the liberty of creating a sub forum for this, and given you crew status so that you have access to the moderator panel.
Since you offered I am handing it over to you. If you don't want the responsibility PM me. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Suggestions & feedback

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces