Submit

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:13 am
I've been away from Gaia for about two months, getting my feet back under me and generally dealing with life. One of the things I've picked up in my time away is an interest in the New World of Darkness setting, specifically Vampire: The Requiem. Anyone interested in setting up a roleplay in this setting? Modern-day, MeT setting, likely set in Anchorage, Key West, Boston, Philadelphia, or Atlanta. Characters would start with 24-12 for point buy, with a few characters starting 36-18 and one or two highly-placed Elders being 48-24. For a detailed, if rambling, description of BBM's rules, check here.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:52 pm
In all honesty, I'm a bit of a purist. I like my Advanced D&D with specks of details[more settings and creatures] from later editions, Original Cyberpunk 2020[need I say more?], and Classic World of Darkness/VtM, original, what, 12 clans? None of that branched sub clan stuff.
I'd be happy to help detail, create, and maybe NPC, but only when ya needed some nostalgia from the classics.  

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:58 pm
ZimbuTessen
In all honesty, I'm a bit of a purist. I like my Advanced D&D with specks of details[more settings and creatures] from later editions, Original Cyberpunk 2020[need I say more?], and Classic World of Darkness/VtM, original, what, 12 clans? None of that branched sub clan stuff.
I'd be happy to help detail, create, and maybe NPC, but only when ya needed some nostalgia from the classics.
AD&D is always a favorite.

C2020 likewise, though I've much, much less experience with it (a single read through the rulebook and a single aborted campaign)

VtM and oWoD in general I... don't much care for, let's put it that way. Mostly because I enjoy crafting my own stories with complex backstory and leaving things open, and the highly-detailed background of the VtM continuity rather precludes that. That, and nWoD offers methods of advancing in potential that don't involve diablerizing those of a higher generation.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:14 pm
nWoD..... HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

in all seriousness though, I would be perfectly willing, if not for the fact that I'm shipping out for Basic Military Training next week. Speaking of, need to put that post up letting those I rp with know about that in the various guilds I'm in...  

Anniria

Greedy Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:25 pm
Doctor_Whiteface
ZimbuTessen

C2020 likewise, though I've much, much less experience with it (a single read through the rulebook and a single aborted campaign)

VtM and oWoD in general I... don't much care for, let's put it that way. Mostly because I enjoy crafting my own stories with complex backstory and leaving things open, and the highly-detailed background of the VtM continuity rather precludes that. That, and nWoD offers methods of advancing in potential that don't involve diablerizing those of a higher generation.

I'm ALWAYS up for backstory changes. I never have a problem with that. But the sub clan branching crap I'm against. Like Malkavian's that have all these stupid abilities that the old ones didnt have. It's like Multiclassing in D&D with no downsides. I'm not fond of Diablerizing either. And power was always based on what generation you were.
Those things I dont mind changed, it's the new, "Classes" if you will, that I want nothing to do with.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:37 pm
ZimbuTessen
Doctor_Whiteface
ZimbuTessen

I'm ALWAYS up for backstory changes. I never have a problem with that. But the sub clan branching crap I'm against. Like Malkavian's that have all these stupid abilities that the old ones didnt have. It's like Multiclassing in D&D with no downsides. I'm not fond of Diablerizing either. And power was always based on what generation you were.
Those things I dont mind changed, it's the new, "Classes" if you will, that I want nothing to do with.
i'd be running this entirely on a different system, so abilities would be a lot more open to interpretation than in the actual nWoD system. And there are certain Bloodlines (Malkavians being among them) that I refuse to recognize as actual Bloodlines. Malkavians themselves are presented as Kindred with a special disease/affliction in nWoD, though that's also left open to ST interpretation.  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:00 pm
Doctor_Whiteface
ZimbuTessen
Doctor_Whiteface
ZimbuTessen

i'd be running this entirely on a different system, so abilities would be a lot more open to interpretation than in the actual nWoD system. And there are certain Bloodlines (Malkavians being among them) that I refuse to recognize as actual Bloodlines. Malkavians themselves are presented as Kindred with a special disease/affliction in nWoD, though that's also left open to ST interpretation.

The Kindred/Bloodline change is where I start to pull away. But I've said my piece, this is your campaign to do with as you please. You now know what I'm willing to work with and do, I'd love to assist with this, if not directly join [mostly due to current system of choice for internet, a 3DS] and if you look or ask around, you can easily find how I write and my style.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:11 am
ooh I'm up for it " starts researching vampire; the requiem"  

dream angel 176

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas