I want to make a prize thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:59 pm
Basically I want to know if I am allowed to make a giveaway thread in this guild and where I could put it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:48 am
A prize thread would make this guild more interesting. Make it happen mods. There should also be contests, too, plz.

iEatSeaSaltIceCream

Omnipresent Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hey its Nyarlathotep

Crew

Shapeshifter

11,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:54 am
Try and message them if you haven't already.
Cause this sounds like a good idea.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:18 am
I had an idea for a small giveaway, Just something playful that gets people posting and a chance for people to win some gold smile  

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

Hey its Nyarlathotep

Crew

Shapeshifter

11,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:20 pm
Sounds good, I see no harm in that and I should know I'm a tree wizard.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:09 pm
I don't really seem any harm in this, if you were to do so then in the non gaming chat is probably the best place to put it (unless its actually related). But yes as Osama said, contact one of the vice captains (probably silent cannibal or spiteful cannibal as they are the two most active in the guild) and see what they say.  

English_Biscuit
Crew

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Samantha_Suicidee
Vice Captain

Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:09 am
You have my support with this. I honestly love contests and such. Sometimes it even makes the guild more active. If any of the other V.Cs read this:
I think we should make a separate sub-forum for contests and give aways. Perhaps even a thread for people who are new to Gaia so they can go there and get some new items and such while talking to us all. Should get them some new friends as well

But since Silent mainly wants a video game related guild I think we're gonna have to make the contests video game related...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:31 am
I believe such thing won't be a bad idea. Just as long as you're up to giving away prices to your own expenses and what not (or if you like, I could possibly help if needed)
I'm not fully sure where such a thing would go, however making a new thread for it won't be a problem. Possibly fill such a thread with those types of things for people who are interested.

Also - I'm open to adding more things to the guild that aren't game related. The reason more less why the guild is actually such is due to the three main leads (Myself, Program and Spiteful) wanting such a direction when first making the guild. = w=;
It was our plan and what we generally wanted to make people more 'close' based on games and what not but slowly we've seen that its not getting us very far so we're slowly opening up to other things (more so cause a lot of members aren't happy with the game related things we've put work into)

I would also like to add that game related contests would be more fitting to our guild and that I'm honestly not open with the idea of random contest threads/ etc being made.
unlike the other two leads, I honestly prefer sticking to the original idea we started with.

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:15 pm
Silent cannibal
I believe such thing won't be a bad idea. Just as long as you're up to giving away prices to your own expenses and what not (or if you like, I could possibly help if needed)
I'm not fully sure where such a thing would go, however making a new thread for it won't be a problem. Possibly fill such a thread with those types of things for people who are interested.

Also - I'm open to adding more things to the guild that aren't game related. The reason more less why the guild is actually such is due to the three main leads (Myself, Program and Spiteful) wanting such a direction when first making the guild. = w=;
It was our plan and what we generally wanted to make people more 'close' based on games and what not but slowly we've seen that its not getting us very far so we're slowly opening up to other things (more so cause a lot of members aren't happy with the game related things we've put work into)

I would also like to add that game related contests would be more fitting to our guild and that I'm honestly not open with the idea of random contest threads/ etc being made.
unlike the other two leads, I honestly prefer sticking to the original idea we started with.

I am fully aware that I would be providing the prizes, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it xd
I know it's suppose to be game orientated, but I thought maybe a prize thread would bring the members posting, and then see topics in the top threads they might like and post there too.
It seems pretty active already and there's been a winner.
The prizes aren't anything big, but there are plenty for people to win.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:58 pm
Hatchet_90
Silent cannibal

I am fully aware that I would be providing the prizes, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it xd
I know it's suppose to be game orientated, but I thought maybe a prize thread would bring the members posting, and then see topics in the top threads they might like and post there too.
It seems pretty active already and there's been a winner.
The prizes aren't anything big, but there are plenty for people to win.

Well, can't really say if it would. but trying won't do any harm i guess.
I suppose a sub topic for contests of sorts would make it easier, so when the chance arises (unless one of the other leads wish to do it) it would be made so its easier to find such things.
Well, if you do not mind doing such then i will not be against it ^_^

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

Ideas/ feedback

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas