Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
GSA at my college

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolfcrux

Friendly Werewolf

5,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:24 am
I start at an LA college in a couple weeks.. 17 days to be exact.. and I really want to join the GSA. Half because I want that little bit of community, half because if I want to meet a girl I have no gaydar whatsoever. emotion_0A0

But I have two problems. One, is that the contact for the student coordinator is no good and the adviser has no contact info even up. emotion_0A0

Two, is that I have a class 45 minutes into the meeting emotion_donotwant
I'm probably not going to be able to join, because there's an event before school starts where "all" the groups should be but knowing this area the GSA wont attend.

What do I dooooo emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:40 am
Go to the event.

Despite what you think I believe they will be there.

At my own uni there's an evening where all the organizations put up displays for students to come see.

My uni is also in a rural conservative area outside of Grand Rapids, MI. Literally, a church on just about every corner.

The GSA is one of the more boisterous groups on campus and they even have their own permanent "office" so to speak.

So even though you might have your doubts, keep your hopes up!

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Wolfcrux

Friendly Werewolf

5,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:48 am
Der Fluch des Pharao
Go to the event.

Despite what you think I believe they will be there.

At my own uni there's an evening where all the organizations put up displays for students to come see.

My uni is also in a rural conservative area outside of Grand Rapids, MI. Literally, a church on just about every corner.

The GSA is one of the more boisterous groups on campus and they even have their own permanent "office" so to speak.

So even though you might have your doubts, keep your hopes up!

I'm definitely going, I just hadnt thought it'd be there.
But I will keep my eyes peeled!
blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:32 pm
Good luck, let us know how it goes... We have a GSA here on my campus, but its so clique-ie sad I went to one meeting, and it was pretty clear new comers weren't welcome *cries*  

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Emo Kuromi Nui

Everyday Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:32 pm
I AM R U
Good luck, let us know how it goes... We have a GSA here on my campus, but its so clique-ie sad I went to one meeting, and it was pretty clear new comers weren't welcome *cries*

I know that feel bro. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:15 pm
Emo Kuromi Nui
I AM R U

I know that feel bro. sweatdrop

It was just really disappointing that a club that's supposed to be really inclusive was just a place for a small bunch of friends to hang out, and the expense of other GBLT people...  

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items