A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Advice Forum
Looking for wedding planning advice!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Just out of curiosity, how many of you are married or engaged?
  Married
  Engaged
View Results

Toxic-Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:53 am
So my fiance and I got engaged a couple weeks ago and we've already started planning for our wedding, which is going to be very simple (and as minimally complex as possible...). But this crap is aggravating! I consider myself lucky and count my blessings because we're spending barely 2000 dollars on our wedding, and family is going to be paying for more than 75% of that, but it's SO much work to plan a wedding! Anyone have some helpful advice on how to handle this a bit better? ( T oT)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:30 am
I hate that BS, too. ...christ, and the way some of these bridezillas how these "Fairytale" weddings. I give you praise for your simplicity. I myself did that a year ago. ^_^ Mostly my mum did simple decorating. It was a small family effort, really. I'm proud of them. ^_^

Keyword for food: Potluck. o.- Have them bring some of your favorite dishes and request fairly simple things.

Flatware/Glasses: His mum totally went to the dollar store for both. XD They're really nice looking, too. No need for fancy China you probably won't ever wanna use 'cept as a decoration.

Place: For the love of God, don't rent a place. X_X; You probably already know that by now though. We had it at my mum's place and darling's bro provided a covered enclosure for the occasion.

Flowers: We went down the way and got them from a nearby bulb farm that has fresh flowers! ^_^ Roses seem overrated to me. sweatdrop ...BUT, if you want to go that way, go to Costco or your grocers and look for a small bouquet
for cheap. ...and DEAR LORD, don't EVER say it's for a wedding. For ANYTHING. XD They charge out the bum for just... GRR. *shakes fists at such people*

Dress: Here's the good part.... I found my lovely floofy-a** dress on Etsy! A woman with a sewing room housing an old wedding boutique she bought out was selling that and even bridesmaid dresses for cheap. My dress with shipping was about 175.00USD(included lovely veil and train). heart Oh, and her shop was called Ksuniqueboutique or something... sweatdrop I'm sure if you look you can find it. Hmm... also, they do flat measurements for the dresses, so half of your normal measurements. ...and be sure to have someone handy with sewing around to do alterations. Like a relative or a friend. ^_^

Shoes: Just went to a normal shoe store and found something that coordinating that was on sale. F*** David's Bridal. XD ...besides, they all have really poor reviews. What's wrong with people? lol

Anything else you wanna know, gimme a quote or PM and I'll try to give my input. Hope you found this helpful, dear. heart  

-Explosion-Array-

Feral Warlord

9,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Toxic-Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:26 pm
-Explosion-Array-
I hate that BS, too. ...christ, and the way some of these bridezillas how these "Fairytale" weddings. I give you praise for your simplicity. I myself did that a year ago. ^_^ Mostly my mum did simple decorating. It was a small family effort, really. I'm proud of them. ^_^

Keyword for food: Potluck. o.- Have them bring some of your favorite dishes and request fairly simple things.

Flatware/Glasses: His mum totally went to the dollar store for both. XD They're really nice looking, too. No need for fancy China you probably won't ever wanna use 'cept as a decoration.

Place: For the love of God, don't rent a place. X_X; You probably already know that by now though. We had it at my mum's place and darling's bro provided a covered enclosure for the occasion.

Flowers: We went down the way and got them from a nearby bulb farm that has fresh flowers! ^_^ Roses seem overrated to me. sweatdrop ...BUT, if you want to go that way, go to Costco or your grocers and look for a small bouquet
for cheap. ...and DEAR LORD, don't EVER say it's for a wedding. For ANYTHING. XD They charge out the bum for just... GRR. *shakes fists at such people*

Dress: Here's the good part.... I found my lovely floofy-a** dress on Etsy! A woman with a sewing room housing an old wedding boutique she bought out was selling that and even bridesmaid dresses for cheap. My dress with shipping was about 175.00USD(included lovely veil and train). heart Oh, and her shop was called Ksuniqueboutique or something... sweatdrop I'm sure if you look you can find it. Hmm... also, they do flat measurements for the dresses, so half of your normal measurements. ...and be sure to have someone handy with sewing around to do alterations. Like a relative or a friend. ^_^

Shoes: Just went to a normal shoe store and found something that coordinating that was on sale. F*** David's Bridal. XD ...besides, they all have really poor reviews. What's wrong with people? lol

Anything else you wanna know, gimme a quote or PM and I'll try to give my input. Hope you found this helpful, dear. heart

That helped IMMENSELY. I can't emphasize enough that you REALLY helped us out, we changed all our plans to simplify everything even more than it already is, and now we're spending even less money that we would be! I can't thank you enough!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:01 pm
Toxic-Citizen
-Explosion-Array-

That helped IMMENSELY. I can't emphasize enough that you REALLY helped us out, we changed all our plans to simplify everything even more than it already is, and now we're spending even less money that we would be! I can't thank you enough!

Thanks, hon! I wish the best for you and yours. o.- I didn't think I'd be of that much help, honestly. XD

Now you can put that hard-earned money and time towards your guy's future together. Congrats. heart  

-Explosion-Array-

Feral Warlord

9,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm
User Image

I've heard buying fake flowers is much cheaper and sounds a lot simpler than telling a florist what you want and picking them up or delivering them right before the wedding. And I doubt you're considering this, but as a cake decorator's daughter, I must warn against ever taking a friend's offer to make your wedding cake on a bargain. My mother has had to make a few emergency wedding cakes because of those scenarios and even had to 'repair' someone else's cake by scraping off the inch of icing and make it look like a real cake.

I'm married but we're waiting until finances can handle a wedding budget. What are your plans for the honeymoon?

User Image

Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff