Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
What are the seven seals, seven trumpets, and seven bowls?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:35 pm
"What are the seven seals, seven trumpets, and seven bowls (vials) in the Book of Revelation?"

User Image

Answer: The seven seals (Revelation 6:1-17, 8:1-5), seven trumpets (Revelation 8:6-13; 11:15-19), and seven bowls/vials (Revelation 16:1-21) are three succeeding series of end-times judgments from God. The judgments get progressively worse and more devastating as the end times progress. The seven seals, trumpets, and bowls are connected to one another. The seventh seal introduces the seven trumpets (Revelation 8:1-5), and the seventh trumpet introduces the seven bowls (Revelation 11:15-19, 15:1-8.).

The first four of the seven seals are known as the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. The first seal introduces the Antichrist (Revelation 6:1-2). The second seal causes great warfare (Revelation 6:3-4). The third of the seven seals causes famine (Revelation 6:5-6). The fourth seal brings about plague, further famine, and further warfare (Revelation 6:7-8.).

User Image

The fifth seal tells us of those who will be martyred for their faith in Christ during the end times (Revelation 6:9-11). God hears their cries for justice and will deliver it in His timing—in the form of the sixth seal, along with the trumpet and bowl judgments. When the sixth of the seven seals is broken, a devastating earthquake occurs, causing massive upheaval and terrible devastation—along with unusual astronomical phenomena (Revelation 6:12-14). Those who survive are right to cry out, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?” (Revelation 6:16-17).

User Image

The seven trumpets are described in Revelation 8:6-13. The seven trumpets are the “contents” of the seventh seal (Revelation 8:1-5). The first trumpet causes hail and fire that destroys much of the plant life in the world (Revelation 8:7). The second trumpet brings about what seems to be a meteor hitting the oceans and causing the death of much of the world’s sea life (Revelation 8:8-9). The third trumpet is similar to the second, except it affects the world’s lakes and rivers instead of the oceans (Revelation 8:10-11).

The fourth of the seven trumpets causes the sun and moon to be darkened (Revelation 8:12). The fifth trumpet results in a plague of “demonic locusts” that attack and torture humanity (Revelation 9:1-11). The sixth trumpet releases a demonic army that kills a third of humanity (Revelation 9:12-21). The seventh trumpet calls forth the seven angels with the seven bowls of God’s wrath (Revelation 11:15-19, 15:1-8.).

The seven bowl/vial judgments are described in Revelation 16:1-21. The seven bowl judgments are called forth by the seventh trumpet. The first bowl causes painful sores to break out on humanity (Revelation 16:2). The second bowl results in the death of every living thing in the sea (Revelation 16:3). The third bowl causes the rivers to turn into blood (Revelation 16:4-7). The fourth of the seven bowls results in the sun’s heat being intensified and causing great pain (Revelation 16:8-9). The fifth bowl causes great darkness and an intensification of the sores from the first bowl (Revelation 16:10-11). The sixth bowl results in the Euphrates River being dried up and the armies of the Antichrist being gathered together to wage the battle of Armageddon (Revelation 16:12-14). The seventh bowl results in a devastating earthquake followed by giant hailstones (Revelation 16:15-21).

Revelation 16:5-7 declares of God, “You are just in these judgments, you who are and who were, the Holy One, because you have so judged; for they have shed the blood of your saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve. … Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgments.”

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/seven-seals-trumpets.html#ixzz2bgqAvFhH  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:07 am
interesting!!!  

Luminous Em

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:08 pm
Luminous Em
interesting!!!

I agree. The book of Revelation is extremely interesting. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:20 am
Garland-Green
Luminous Em
interesting!!!

And quite scary.. D:
I'm a bit confused, though, as to the talk of a rapture. sweatdrop
Is that concerning our physical bodies being raptured into the sky? Or our spiritual bodies?
Does God rapture His children/followers before a certain seal, trumpet, bowl occurs? Or is it expected for His children to suffer the 7 seals/trumpets/bowls/all of them?  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:02 pm
Spirit Reborn
Garland-Green
Luminous Em
interesting!!!

And quite scary.. D:
Is that concerning our physical bodies being raptured into the sky? Or our spiritual bodies?
Does God rapture His children/followers before a certain seal, trumpet, bowl occurs? Or is it expected for His children to suffer the 7 seals/trumpets/bowls/all of them?

It is the conclusion of man's history, the culmination of man's rejection of God, an inevitable response. Think of it as the beginning of a better world, the end of the old and terrible and it won't be so scary.

1 Thessalonians 4
16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

From what I gather both those that are alive and have passed through the tribulation (how would there be someone still alive if they had not passed through the Tribulation? Jesus returns at the end of the Tribulation period), and those who are dead will meet our Lord in the sky. If we who are Christians go through the tribulation it is to be God's witnesses on earth.
There's quite a few examples in the Bible of prophets who have had to endure some tough stuff to preach repentance. If we are here to see God's wrath I expect that it will not touch us. Like hadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

Revelation 9:3-4
3Then out of the smoke came locusts upon the earth, and power was given them, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 4They were told not to hurt the grass of the earth, nor any green thing, nor any tree, but only the men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads.

Why would it be necessary to instruct the locust of this if both were not present?

Anyway, what ever God has decided is the best. The outcome will be good if we leave or stay - if that is what He has decided.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:31 pm
Garland-Green
Spirit Reborn
Garland-Green
Luminous Em
interesting!!!

And quite scary.. D:

It is the conclusion of man's history, the culmination of man's rejection of God, an inevitable response. Think of it as the beginning of a better world, the end of the old and terrible and it won't be so scary.

1 Thessalonians 4
16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

From what I gather both those that are alive and have passed through the tribulation (how would there be someone still alive if they had not passed through the Tribulation? Jesus returns at the end of the Tribulation period), and those who are dead will meet our Lord in the sky. If we who are Christians go through the tribulation it is to be God's witnesses on earth.
There's quite a few examples in the Bible of prophets who have had to endure some tough stuff to preach repentance. If we are here to see God's wrath I expect that it will not touch us. Like hadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

Revelation 9:3-4
3Then out of the smoke came locusts upon the earth, and power was given them, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 4They were told not to hurt the grass of the earth, nor any green thing, nor any tree, but only the men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads.

Why would it be necessary to instruct the locust of this if both were not present?

Anyway, what ever God has decided is the best. The outcome will be good if we leave or stay - if that is what He has decided.

Thank you so much for clarifying and for using Biblical references. Even though the end times is a bit scary to comprehend, still..I feel comforted from these words. Thank you  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

Hero just hero

Dangerous Informer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:19 pm
The idea of rapture would be the death of saints and Christians. Because God said he is moving, taking those who are his before the day of Grace ends. If you care for a better understanding, see my profile video "dont lose your faithfulness!

From the famous pastor, David wilkerson.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:59 am
I love the pictures (and it looks wonderfully quality designed too), I really helps to picture the Bible illustration =]
Thanks~  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:26 pm
Christiankid_leon_
The idea of rapture would be the death of saints and Christians. Because God said he is moving, taking those who are his before the day of Grace ends. If you care for a better understanding, see my profile video "dont lose your faithfulness!

From the famous pastor, David wilkerson.

The idea of the rapture saving us Christians before the tribulation is based on 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

'We' that is all Christians right?

This event also happens at the blow of the Last trumpet.

1 Corinthians 15:52
in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

Could it be that this is the same trumpet as the "seventh trumpet" of Rev 10-11? I am just asking because I am not quite sure, but it seems like it.

The way I understand it the Rapture of the church happens at the end of the Tribulation period. When did the Lord promise to come back? Did he promise to come back twice, once in secret and once visibly, or one time, fully visible to everyone? Wouldn't his second coming then technically be his third coming?

Matthew 24:22
"If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

And then there is the matter of the tares and the wheat that are to grow together until the harvest (Harvest is at the end of the age?):

Mathew 13:24-30
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened
unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and
went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the
tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou
sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt
thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat
with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say
to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in
bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

And:

Mathew 24:29-36
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and
the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the
powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all
the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the
clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall
gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the
other.

It could be that I am wrong, and I am not going to deny the possibility that I could be, since I am so uncertain, but this isn't really a huge doctrinal matter. Regardless of what is the right interpretation here we are urged to be watchful and live each and every day as though Christ's return is imminent. smile

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. -- II Peter 3: 10

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, – II Peter 3: 11  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:29 pm
Meili Kyumee Youichi
I love the pictures (and it looks wonderfully quality designed too), I really helps to picture the Bible illustration =]
Thanks~
A good illustration really aid in making text more interesting. Too few consider how much it can add to a story. =3 Not at problem!  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces