Grammar Nazi...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:06 pm
Not to bash anyone, it just came to mind and all. I kinda wanna let out before I get off and start my chores.

The whole "Grammar Nazi" thing gets annoying even though it is kinda helpful.
I don't mind when people correct me on my spelling and all.
It is total appreciate it because it shows my mistake I do.
After a while, if you, the Grammar Nazi, are doing it more often.
It is like, "You need to back off because now you are just making the person look/feel like an idiot."
I highly doubt you were born with the duty of having to correct people's spelling and grammar and such. I highly doubt you were born with the ability of having perfect spelling and grammar.

We all make mistakes in both grammar and spelling.
Its unavoidable even if we try and recheck ourselves countless of time.
We are not perfect.

No need to comment or anything.
Just ranting. Haha.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:31 pm
Most of the time it's not even to be helpful IMO, it's just simply to be an a**.
I know there has been a lot of times that I wanted to correct peoples' minor spelling/grammar mistakes in a helpful way, the most common being when people use the wrong form of it's/its, saying alot instead of a lot, or there/their/they're, but I don't even bother anymore. It bugs me to see those mistakes, but now that being a Grammar Nazi is such a thing people get all defensive when one corrects a minor mistake instead of taking it reasonably and learning from it.

I know you didn't ask for a comment, but I saw the topic at hand and I had an instinct to share my small two cents 3nodding This is a subject that also bugs me a lot.

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

Fuit Gummy

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:00 pm
Grammar nazis bother me more than
they should. I don't get corrected often, but when I do it's not in
a helpful way.

I generally get one word wrong and someone calls me out on it.
(I.E.
Me: I think I was worng
Grammar Nazi: I don't know what worng is but you're definitely wrong.)

Or something generally like that, I'm probably taking it personally. It's usually
my friends that do it too and they know that I hate being corrected, especially
when they know what I meant!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:49 pm
Captain Silas Manner
Most of the time it's not even to be helpful IMO, it's just simply to be an a**.
I know there has been a lot of times that I wanted to correct peoples' minor spelling/grammar mistakes in a helpful way, the most common being when people use the wrong form of it's/its, saying alot instead of a lot, or there/their/they're, but I don't even bother anymore. It bugs me to see those mistakes, but now that being a Grammar Nazi is such a thing people get all defensive when one corrects a minor mistake instead of taking it reasonably and learning from it.

I know you didn't ask for a comment, but I saw the topic at hand and I had an instinct to share my small two cents 3nodding This is a subject that also bugs me a lot.

Haha its alright.
Yea, I honestly get confused with those words too most of the times.
I usually view grammar nazi as helpful but when people keep correcting it just starts to feel insulting.  

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:53 pm
Brommiel
Grammar nazis bother me more than
they should. I don't get corrected often, but when I do it's not in
a helpful way.

I generally get one word wrong and someone calls me out on it.
(I.E.
Me: I think I was worng
Grammar Nazi: I don't know what worng is but you're definitely wrong.)

Or something generally like that, I'm probably taking it personally. It's usually
my friends that do it too and they know that I hate being corrected, especially
when they know what I meant!

Now when they do it like that. Its just plain rude and believe me, I would be pissed off too.
Although when they do in a nicer matter where its not rude nor insulting thats when I usually find it helpful.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:19 pm
Very few times have people corrected my spelling. mostly cause they didn't want to be mean. : o
But for me, a correction is ok as long as they're being nice, and not doing it to often.

(I had and still kinda have bad spelling (and grammar.), or I'd forget how to spell a word.) : s

So since people didn't correct me I kept spelling the same words wrong. : s until I started to Google words I didn't really know the spelling of. (started using Google as my spell check since 2010 and still today.) : o
I actually tend to re-read things I typed to make sure I didn't make any mistakes (that I see, or know of) x.x

But I don't correct people cause I also do find it to be kinda awkward and rude. : o

Eheheh I wanted to post here tooo. : D

Sega Queen

Angelic Kitten

pay me in tea

Shy Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:32 am
I get called a grammar nazi a lot, and it's usually by the people who actually ask me to correct their mistakes in fiction and RPs. It's really weird, because I'm always nice about it and they're completely welcome to do the same thing to me, but they get so upset about it all the time. Then, when I stop I get: "You do know you can correct me if you see any mistakes, right?"

D: But you got angry the past ten times, why would I continue to do something that got angry responses from people?  
07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games