Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
Im gay,give me a ticket to hell please Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skinny Legend

Lonely Abductee

9,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:02 pm
I would always be told that i would go burn in hell for having a crush on this one boy in 6th grade
6th grade was the worst year of me
Its when I found out i liked males
Yes I am sure about
Trust me i tried to "like" girls everything didnt work
I dont know why anyone would think its a choice,imagine if you can choose to be normal like everyone else or to be bashed on by religious groups and get treated with hate
If i had a decision to be hetero then i would take it withought hesitation

But as i grew up in 8th grade i started to get support from some new friends who were christian.and they said "gay is ok" idk if i believe them

I know that one verse in the bible that says "a man must not lie with a man as one lies with a woman"
my brother who studies the bible told me that was in leveticus and that was a set of rules people at the time followed by and that all that has changed since the new testament (Leviticus is in the old testament)
I mean i do follow the old teastament...the old one also forbids stuff like eating shell fish,playing with the skin of a pork (football),trimming your beard etc

But I still think the bible is still the bible...

And I still think that being gay is a curse you can't get out off
I say curse because of the theory i would suffer in an underworld of sinners

So um yeah where can i get my free tiket?

Additional informations: i am a virgin and i plan on not losing my virginity,and i am raised catholic  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:57 pm
Dripping Ice Cream
And I still think that being gay is a curse you can get out off

All sin, not just homosexuality, is a curse we can get out of. Anyone who comes under the new covenant will be born-again, given a new nature and a new heart that loves his laws; one would no longer be slaves to the law of sin in the flesh but to righteousness. Jesus, as our atonement sacrifice, is the only thing keeping us from going to hell; he's our scapegoat if we believe in the gospel message (that he died and rose again according to what the law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms foretold).

That you posted this in the Christian Advice forums means you're seeking suggestion or help of some sort? Though I'm not clear on what it is that you're asking. As long as you repent of your sins (recognize them as sin, confess them to God, not want to live in what he defines as sin any longer) and believe in the son (and by extension, everything he taught), you won't go to hell. None of the laws have been altered. Some just can't be fully kept until the temple gets rebuilt since they involve the earthly priesthood (which has not yet been restored; that happens at Jesus' return, after the tribulation, according to Revelation 20:4-6).

edit: just in case you're interested in the verses I'm referring to...

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Skinny Legend

Lonely Abductee

9,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:10 pm
real eyes realize

So your saying that i have to repent/forgive my sins and follow the teachings of god and i will become heterosexual?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:26 pm
Dripping Ice Cream
real eyes realize

So your saying that i have to repent/forgive my sins and follow the teachings of god and i will become heterosexual?

Based on some testimonies I've come across, that seems to be the case for some people. Since homosexuality is not a sin I came out of, I can't tell if it's true for everyone though (whether orientation has to change or you're just not succumbing to the lusts of the flesh anymore even if the orientation stays).

Testimonies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLFAiTlGahE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7612rLieX9A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3vh33LwT-0  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Skinny Legend

Lonely Abductee

9,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:06 pm
real eyes realize
Dripping Ice Cream
real eyes realize

I can't tell if it's true for everyone though (whether orientation has to change or you're just not succumbing to the lusts of the flesh anymore even if the orientation

I dont get the last part..like you mean somone who isn't sexualy active/excited and only engage in romance (asexual)

And I can't tell for sure really,i tried "turning" straight,i dated this girl,i was competely uninterested,my friend tried to help me out in a weird way by giving me some hustler magazine,my brothers tried to convince my im straight by showing me random women we see from the car window veiw...nothing

If i could be normal..well thats not the right word but if i could not be gay,not be discriminated,not have to worry about any of this,its not just a sin thats an action like murder or lying,its a lifestyle and its what ive been since i hit puberty,i never felt anything like that for a women,but if asking for forgiveness would be another option then i guess i will try  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:21 pm
Dripping Ice Cream
I would always be told that i would go burn in hell for having a crush on this one boy in 6th grade
Yes I am sure about
I dont know why anyone would think its a choice,imagine if you can choose to be normal like everyone else or to be bashed on by religious groups and get treated with hate

But as i grew up in 8th grade i started to get support from some new friends who were christian.and they said "gay is ok" idk if i believe them

I know that one verse in the bible that says "a man must not lie with a man as one lies with a woman"
my brother who studies the bible told me that was in leveticus and that was a set of rules people at the time followed by and that all that has changed since the new testament (Leviticus is in the old testament)
I mean i do follow the old teastament...the old one also forbids stuff like eating shell fish,playing with the skin of a pork (football),trimming your beard etc

Additional informations: i am a virgin and i plan on not losing my virginity,and i am raised catholic

The moment you said Catholic, that was the moment I just said "well, that would be that issue..."

Jesus had died for you if you know that. He did not create you a ticket to Hell. But a torn ticket away from it. The ideal to this key is to wholly trust in Jesus name. Personally, I had seen Christ change a Gay person to a straight because that man's prayers was open. It means that when you pray to Christ and become a new creation, you just have to have an open heart. However, in Catholism, it just means a different story. Call me a fool if you will but I believe the bible. And I follow the God being told in it. Yes, I fail in my ways just as a sinner do. But it doesn't mean I deserve hell, do I? No, because there's always forgiveness. But to be filled by it, you must be open.

Note: being open to God is accepting the baptism in the spirit, which means you will be born again to see the Kingdom of Heaven by Lord Jesus.

Amen  

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

Clyvelle

Gracious Flatterer

6,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:41 am
I would just like to say that if you seek any sort of treatment for this gay mindset, I would encourage you to find people of the Church who are willing to talk with you. I believe in conversing with someone and asking questions and hearing their feedback as the only form of psychiatric help needed. Do not seek help from anyone that would want to cure you through processes that involve physical pain such as shock treatment and the like. These methods are unnecessary because homosexuality is not of the physical mind but is and always will be an attack of the spirit by Satan. Only methods that involve things such as prayer, studying the scriptures, and talking with fellow believers while keeping God's will as the focus will cure this condition.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:32 am
The replies I've seen are sound and rooted in scripture. We all struggle with sin. Each of us have particular sins that are difficult to overcome and turn to Jesus - and the Other One knows that. He wants you to continue to struggle and will even use today's culture to try to convince you that there is no possible way you could change, that you were born that way and therefore you can't change. God will not stop loving you because you have homosexual desires. There is nothing you can do that will make God love you any less(or any more) than He does. But salvation depends on a changed heart and the decision to stop sinning and turn your sin to God.

We were all born into sin. Sin is what is natural to us and yet its not acceptable just because we were "born this way" (to quote Lady Gaga).

God promises that we can overcome our sinful natures and be secure in our Salvation with Him by refusing to sin any longer.

I have heard of men who had homosexual preference who sought counseling from their church and were able to move on with healthy heterosexual lifestyles who married and lived full lives. However, even if this doesn't happen to you... I urge you to remember that Temptation is not Sin. You may be tempted but as long as you do not give into that sin and indulge it, you can still live a life full in God.

James 1: 12
God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

Eph 6:1
Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil

James 1:14
Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away.

Corinthians 10:13
The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.  

DustQueen

Amateur Sleuth

9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:39 am
It's also good to have fairly moderate expectations, I think. If you see homosexuality as a problem, and expect a divine solution, it can be very easy to become discouraged if you don't get what you were looking for. I've always thought it was kind of interesting how Christians have this ongoing view that even if you're faithful now, homosexuality dooms you...? If you've already accepted Christ as your savior and asked for forgiveness of your sins, then you're already on the path away from Hell, even if you do sin in the future. I mean, it's not like the rest of us haven't sinned plenty often. rofl Rather than jumping straight into things, though, I think you should consider reading the Bible more, with a particular emphasis on the book of Proverbs and the various letters of Paul in the New Testament. The Parables of Jesus won't hurt, either; as you do that, you should come to an understanding of how the Bible suggests you live. If you're focusing too much on homosexuality, it's easy to get distracted; rather, you should try to live the best life you can in all areas, and as you focus on the good, I think it will be easier and easier to turn away from sin.

It's perfectly okay to take things one step at a time if you're having trouble doing it all at once. The important thing is that you're working to better yourself, and we already know that God is entirely willing to forgive our failures along the way. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:46 am
Dripping Ice Cream
real eyes realize
Dripping Ice Cream
real eyes realize

I can't tell if it's true for everyone though (whether orientation has to change or you're just not succumbing to the lusts of the flesh anymore even if the orientation

I dont get the last part..like you mean somone who isn't sexualy active/excited and only engage in romance (asexual)

And I can't tell for sure really,i tried "turning" straight,i dated this girl,i was competely uninterested,my friend tried to help me out in a weird way by giving me some hustler magazine,my brothers tried to convince my im straight by showing me random women we see from the car window veiw...nothing

If i could be normal..well thats not the right word but if i could not be gay,not be discriminated,not have to worry about any of this,its not just a sin thats an action like murder or lying,its a lifestyle and its what ive been since i hit puberty,i never felt anything like that for a women,but if asking for forgiveness would be another option then i guess i will try

By that I meant you either become heterosexual or if you stay homosexual then you're not pursuing relations with the same sex at all beyond friendship; you're celibate, no sexual fantasizing or wishing to be with a person of the same sex. Though the latter seems like a transitory period before you become heterosexual (at least in these testimonies I linked to). For the third person, it took six months (that's half a year) before she was freed from those lusts/attractions. When you put Jesus and our Heavenly Father's will as the most important thing in your life and pray to him throughout the process, I think it's possible to get out of homosexuality just like any other sin. They were all in the lifestyle and now they're out of it.

It's nothing out of your own effort; looking at sexually explicit pictures of the opposite sex or dating them is not going to fix the problem. Your friends meant well, but that's not how you go about it. The pattern throughout all these testimonies is praying to God to deliver you from the sin, asking him to regenerate you from the inside, and praying to him whenever sexually explicit thoughts enter your mind. What these ex-gay testimonies are saying, and like others have stated here, it's about honest and consistent prayer, and relying on God to change you; what you take responsibility for is what passes through your mind's eye (what you think about and what you feed your eyes), but the rest is prayer.

Another helpful testimony (starting @11:52): http://youtu.be/URFYjURl_qw?t=11m52s

edit: and like Rednal mentioned, do read your bible; there is a lot of guidance for how to live our lives in the books and epistles he mentioned.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

starry night-163

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:38 am
Dripping Ice Cream
Yes I am sure about

You will go to hell because of all your sins, not just because you're gay. God punishes all sins therefore if you've ever even told a lie, even a "small" lie then you're going to hell because of that, unless of course, you repent and trust in Christ, unless you turn to him you will perish just like everyone else. I do not hate gays, neither do I believe you should be persecuted, as Christians we are to love EVERYONE but that does not mean we are to support you in your sin. Homosexuality is talked about in the new testament as well not just the old. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 says, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (ESV), and by men, it means everyone in the world, not just males so it also applies to females. And all sin is a curse, not just homosexuality, but in Christ we are able to be freed from it, he has promised to save us from all our sins not just pay the penality for them, but you can only be freed in Christ. You must therefore repent and trust in Christ, turn to him, he is mighty to save from all things, whatever sin is in your life repent of it and trust in him to deliver you from it. Many struggle with Masturbation and some have found freedom in it through Christ, he can do the same with any sin your life, he can free you from all sins, you just need to go to him, so if you really want to be free, I know I've said this a lot, but repent, and trust in Christ, turn to him, pray about it until he does save you from it, don't give up praying just because you don't see him answering, Christ has promised will be given everything you ask for in his name (so long as it's God's will of course), so he would most definately save you from this. He only gives you what is good though and to be freed from sin is most definately good. Alway pray though, not just for that but to have fellowship with God, prayer is just talking to him. Here are some videos that may help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1-EG8onM5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqdQ6_MAH2A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VwH1_foFL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6qt4qZUnWc

I hope this was of help and that I was able to explain things right. May God bless you and please excuse any grammer mistakes you may find in this >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:50 am
Dripping Ice Cream
real eyes realize

no, I know being gay isn't a choice. I'm bisexual, I just ignore it. If you decide to truly allow Jesus into your life, he will forgive. If you decide then to ignore your sexuality, that's up to you. If you decide not you, that is also up to you. Only God can decide whats in store for you, not other Christians. Yes, in the Bible it is wrong, but as Christians, we are suppose to not judge. Unfortunately a lot of Christians are not taught that. There is a huge difference between those who "believe in god" "and those that are "real Christians". I hope this helped.  

Inspirational ANON

Interesting Autobiographer

11,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:24 pm
This article is good to understand the 3 types of Law (that we are usually confused with because of Old Testament's Law and the fulfillment of Jesus in New Testament):

1. Civil - Expired with the demise of the Jewish civil government
2. Ceremonial - Expired with the fulfillment of priestly work of Christ (Matt. 3:15)
3. Moral - No Expiration because it is based on God's character.

Leviticus18:22, 20:13, homosexuality, shellfish, mixed fabrics, and not being under Old Testament Law  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:57 am
Dripping Ice Cream
real eyes realize
Dripping Ice Cream
real eyes realize

If i could be normal..well thats not the right word but if i could not be gay,not be discriminated,not have to worry about any of this,its not just a sin thats an action like murder or lying,its a lifestyle and its what ive been since i hit puberty,i never felt anything like that for a women,but if asking for forgiveness would be another option then i guess i will tr

I've never struggled w/ homosexuality myself, but the lifestyle trappings aren't unlike a lifestyle of murder (or it's mental equivalent of unjust anger) and lying. God gave us all the task to repent and turn from ALL sins, and he can help us with all of them. You see all these verses on this thread. If you believe the Bible's the unadulterated word of God then take for granted He meant what He said.

As long as you actually are repentant of homosexuality then you don't have "a ticket to Hell." People say only gays/lesbians can't change, unlike all other sins, because in their sick demonic minds it's cool to trick people into unrepentance and succumbing to temptation. All sins are possible to get out of, even homosexuality. We may be instantly cured or you may face temptations, here's a couple more scriptures for temptation and combating it:

Matthew 26:41, Ephesians 6:11-18  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Christian Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash