Submit

allmostanyone

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:26 pm
I'm quite desperate to make some money oAo not that desperate though >> seriously, I can't get a job, I'm only able to afford one class this semester, my financial aid the is SUPPOSE to be taking take of it but they bailed on me. Halloween is drawing near, a time when I LOVE to biuy things, worse is the Texas Renaissance Festival is also near, at least for the last few years I had 2-3 hundreds saved up but now I have absolutely nothing TmT I could probably afford the ticket in but that's it. But forget all that, I'll lucky to get by day-to-day to begin with. /Sigh, I spy my small video game collection and think "Damn, I could make some money if I sold them" but I can't bring myself to emo I love my games, I don't want to sell one thing I love for something else. I wish my art were good enough to sell, my sister is pretty good, she can get something like 50$-70$ for a piece, good for her 'n everything (I mean that sincerely) but her over all attitude sucks, it's very putoffing to be happy for her about anything. I suppose I could donate blood :l I think they give like, 25$ a month for it but then I get terrified from horror stories about dirty needles or careless nurses, 25$ is not worth a possible infection let alone a disease D: How about lottery tickets anyone? well, I bought one the other day, a first for me, it cost 2$ and I won 4$ 8D No, I don't expect to win, I had some change is all. I wish I were smart enough to offer tutoring services but I'm not... yeah really, no, don't get help from me stare Not to mention every sweepstake, giveaway, and online prizes I can sign up for. I'll keep my eye out for any part time work however, even if it's just one class I'm taking I really really really need an A in it so everything else comes second to that, hopefully I can manage it and a job should I find one.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:45 pm
I know how this feels. I can't even scrape together money for beer right now. Why did financial aid get cut off? It might be something reparable.  

Roxxy v2

allmostanyone

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:57 pm
Roxxy v2
I know how this feels. I can't even scrape together money for beer right now. Why did financial aid get cut off? It might be something reparable.

Sorry you have to deal with it too.
It's really dumb actually, When I was admitted they were suppose to give me some kind of document declaring as such but I never got such a thing, now two years later I tied to extend it but in order to do that they asked me to submit that document they never gave me, of course I don't have one, I dont them I was never sent one. First they thought I lost it but so what? even if I did you should have a copy right? So now they think I some how snuck into the program, forged my papers, or some unheard of excuse. So now I'm up in the air -_- I don't know what's going to happen.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:02 pm
I'm lucky in that my situation is temporary. I have financial aid for my college, and I have an on campus job, I just can't work until the next term starts, so I have to wait until I get paid a month later to have spending money. That's better than how I grew up. Rarely ever had any spending money at all. Usually just after holidays.

Your situation does sound pretty stupid. You would think they would have some record of it on file. Not to sounds pretty imcompetant. To go for two years and then get kicked over a paperwork error sounds a little bullshit.  

Roxxy v2

allmostanyone

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:28 pm
Roxxy v2
I'm lucky in that my situation is temporary. I have financial aid for my college, and I have an on campus job, I just can't work until the next term starts, so I have to wait until I get paid a month later to have spending money. That's better than how I grew up. Rarely ever had any spending money at all. Usually just after holidays.

Your situation does sound pretty stupid. You would think they would have some record of it on file. Not to sounds pretty imcompetant. To go for two years and then get kicked over a paperwork error sounds a little bullshit.

Good for you, my sister is looking of the same kind of job. Putting financial issues aside I think working on campus is fun so the best of luck to you!

Judging from their behavior I think they are trying to cover their tracks soes not to expose their messup.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:50 pm
allmostanyone
Judging from their behavior I think they are trying to cover their tracks soes not to expose their messup.
At the expense of your education. I so love it when the powers at be decide people are expendable.  

Roxxy v2

allmostanyone

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:56 pm
Roxxy v2
allmostanyone
At the expense of your education. I so love it when the powers at be decide people are expendable.

Baha! this makes my day <3
I hope they get what's coming to them.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:22 am
moving to life issues heart  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

allmostanyone

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:39 pm
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
moving to life issues heart

Ah, okay 3nodding

The front page has a lot of random topics I thought it would be ok. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:32 am
I am so sorry you are going through this. sad

DO NOT sell your games if you love to game. I sold some of my games and I deeply regret it. I didn't get that much money from them either.

After college your money situation SHOULD get a bit better, since you will be working full-time, hopefully in your field. (Though not necessarily. I haven't worked in my field but I still made enough money to get by all right.)

Don't give up. smile  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100

allmostanyone

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:58 am
the mage-girl
I am so sorry you are going through this. sad

DO NOT sell your games if you love to game. I sold some of my games and I deeply regret it. I didn't get that much money from them either.

After college your money situation SHOULD get a bit better, since you will be working full-time, hopefully in your field. (Though not necessarily. I haven't worked in my field but I still made enough money to get by all right.)

Don't give up. smile

Aww D: what games did you sell?

Yeah, I'm still thinking about it unfortunately -_- I haven't been able to afford my mom a birthday present, I don't want to but in case of absolute emergency I suppose I could.

What's your field if you dont mind my asking?
I'm still struggling to transfer into the university, I actually have to go talk to some people about it today /thumbs up. I really don't have any idea about my "future job" but I do hope I just get a good pay whatever it is xD  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:50 am
Hi again. smile

When I sold my games, I sold a bunch of old SNES RPGs - FF2 and FF3, both Lufias, Secret of Evermore, etc. I got maybe $20. At the time it made sense to sell them - I wasn't playing them. But I didn't realize that I was attached to them. Boo. sad

In college, I majored in Psychology. I have to advise you - DO NOT major in Psychology if you are not going to get at least a Masters degree. You have to have at least a Masters degree to work most jobs in Psychology. I always intended to go back for my Masters but never got around to it.

If you haven't officially started at a university yet, you have a great opportunity. If you are kind of undecided as to your major, talk to an advisor. They can help you pinpoint what you are good at. Stress to them that you would also like to be able to go into your field after you graduate, and you are looking for something that has good income potential.

No sense in going to college 4-5 years and either hating what you are trained to do, or making no money. ESPECIALLY if you have to take out loans.

Oh! That reminds me. Look into any and all financial aid opportunities. One of my friends is back in school now and she has picked up a couple of scholarships to make things easier. She had to do some work to win them - fill out applications, write essays, etc. - but they have really made a difference. Talk to someone in financial aid at the school you are applying to. They can help you find scholarships and grants that are available.

Take care!  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:17 pm
Getting a job is really difficult, and keeping it while doing school full time? It's near impossible, but doable.

Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Go for scholarships, harass the financial aid office during all open hours, contact a counselor, student body government, even the damned president of the school if you have to.

It isn't impossible to find work somewhere. It is entirely aggravating if you live out in the middle of freaking nowhere, and have no internet access/transportation or a strong network/support system. [/rant]

But like I said, it's all a doable headache - a migraine for sure, but one you'll move on from all the better for.

Apply, apply, apply. Turn in those resumes, sell yourself in cheesy outdated cover letters (which are inexplicably called for by most businesses yet never read thoroughly,) meet employers face-to-face, etc.

Look good, sound friendly, and work on conveying this biggrin instead of gonk , despite the crummy circumstances.

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games